What's new

Guide - Cutthroat Kano Hype Train Video by Pig of the Hut & Machinima

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
@PrimBloodGhost let's hear your top 5.

Also, there are like 8 characters right now that could be top 5, Kano is definitely one of them. The pros outweigh the cons here. And yeah a bunch of people are gonna play Kano now. Just like a bunch of people are now playing Johnny and Mileena
Takeda
Johnny
Mileena
D'Vorah
Ferra/Torr
Kano
Alien
Leatherface

A ton of good characters and only 5 spots....

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
You people need to calm the fuck down. I'm not afraid to blow up anyone who deserves it, but this is ridiculous.

Are you ridiculous dumpster babies going on the attack on Pig for some imaginary agenda, and then VILLIFYING Pig for defending himself?

Holy fuck. No one is going to mess with Kano. Jesus Christ.
I don't know if this is at me and I recognize that it probably isn't, but I just want to clarify just in case that I didn't attack anyone, I also said Kano is most definitely top 5 in my opinion but I just gave some feedback about how the video itself, I honestly didn't understand why certain things were left out, really gave a confusing perspective on Kano that made me have to double check the things I did know as well.

I don't know how this spiralled into the shitstorm it is right now but I'm just calmly backing away slowly and calling it a day with certain posters on this forums who seem to have way too high testosterone levels for reasonable discussion :p

God Confirm

Takeda
Johnny
Mileena
D'Vorah
Ferra/Torr
Kano
Alien
Leatherface

A ton of good characters and only 5 spots....
good list ! Ermac belongs in there too in my opinion, but I gotta say this looks pretty on point to me, I've seen some outlandish top tier lists but this one is that good

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
I placed him top 6 due to being meter hungry. There are others who do top damge with one bar and has better tools and cancels
Kano does top damage for one bar. And he has every tool in the book, and he's safe. Either way, you don't base tiers on tools, you base them on favorable match ups, and based on my convos with many, many top players Kano definitely seems top 5.
Wait..what?? Lulz I have nothing to say on that.. i guess my profile dont show me playing posting since MKX day 1 release. Plus I played fighters since Arcade days.
He was referring to God Confirm.

God Confirm

Wait..what?? Lulz I have nothing to say on that.. i guess my profile dont show me playing posting since MKX day 1 release. Plus I played fighters since Arcade days.
he was talking about me, I've only had an account here for 4 months, and I'll openly admit that I have a lot to learn about this game. Unfortunately, he missed the part where I wasn't looking to debate anything for actually entirely agreed with him that Kano is undoubtably top 5, so really he's just hurting his own perspective by that remark, and also making himself look kinda rude. Sorry for posting on an open forum i guess :S im not interested in getting into an argument with anyone over such pedantics so I'm going to leave this thread.

Last edited:

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
Kano does top damage for one bar. And he has every tool in the book, and he's safe. Either way, you don't base tiers on tools, you base them on favorable match ups, and based on my convos with many, many top players Kano definitely seems top 5.

i have to disagree here. Tool are what makes MU and therefore tiers. Why is dvorah vs gm MU like 3-7 or2-8 for dvorah? Coz dvorah has all the tools to make clone not so scary. Why was Gm vs sun god 7-3 or 8-2 for sub? Coz of the lack of tools against clone. Just saying

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX

Favorable macth ups=Tools to beat others. Piercing has tools to beat others so she has the favor. I know how tiers work dude, but let me back up cause u spoke with so-called "top players" and I'm a nobody then. Massive damage over 40+ you need two bars with CT. I am a Kano main I know all gia tricks. Yes, he is safe but but not safe enough to play stupid and throw out stuff.

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
And the downplay of certain someone's is ridiculous. "kano ball is unsafe". Ye,like like almost every on launching armor move in game. He is definitely a top 8 char imo. God like mobility, safe unreactable 50/50, descent projectile, good buttons, good dmg. He's pros out weight he's con's heavily.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
1. Johnny
Has the zoning tools and safe frames cancels. Great strings and advancing knee into cancels. He has all the tools.

2. Mileena
Zoning tools, anti Zoning tele, safe 1 2 that you can play mind games with. Awesome space and footsies. I can go on with the tools she has to place her top tier.

3. Devorah

Cancel pressure, run in pressure, 50/50s, and anti zone tools. She can do it all.

4. Leather Face

Run cancels, resets, 50/50s, zoning tools, anti air. Lets not over look Pretty lady zoning and rush down potential.

5. Bo Rio Cho
Barjutsu
Fart cancels into restands into 50/50s. Nuff said!

6. Alien or Predator

Lazer or Acid take your pick

Both zone well and both have 50/50s and long range. Does crazy damage once ypu get into their zone. Try getting in with CuttThoart and gethalf your life gone before touching them.

Plenty of others I place before CT to be honest. I see up uplay all over this. But occording to someone, tools dont effect tier level. Hahaha! Give me a break.

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
1. Johnny
Has the zoning tools and safe frames cancels. Great strings and advancing knee into cancels. He has all the tools.

2. Mileena
Zoning tools, anti Zoning tele, safe 1 2 that you can play mind games with. Awesome space and footsies. I can go on with the tools she has to place her top tier.

3. Devorah

Cancel pressure, run in pressure, 50/50s, and anti zone tools. She can do it all.

4. Leather Face

Run cancels, resets, 50/50s, zoning tools, anti air. Lets not over look Pretty lady zoning and rush down potential.

5. Bo Rio Cho
Barjutsu
Fart cancels into restands into 50/50s. Nuff said!

6. Alien or Predator

Lazer or Acid take your pick

Both zone well and both have 50/50s and long range. Does crazy damage once ypu get into their zone. Try getting in with CuttThoart and gethalf your life gone before touching them.

Plenty of others I place before CT to be honest. I see up uplay all over this. But occording to someone, tools dont effect tier level. Hahaha! Give me a break.
I tend to just ignore everything you say, but this. Bo Rai Cho is a shit character and you have no idea what you are talking about.

Also, addressing this point, no one has said that at all. Tier lists are based off a character's MU's is what was stated, not that a character's tools don't affect their tier placing. You should seriously stop posting and making a fool of yourself. Stop getting all butthurt because people are stating the obvious in that Cutthroat is a top 10 character easily and because people are jumping on the bandwagon of your precious character who is now top tier. Its ridiculous.

Rude

Favorable macth ups=Tools to beat others. Piercing has tools to beat others so she has the favor. I know how tiers work dude, but let me back up cause u spoke with so-called "top players" and I'm a nobody then. Massive damage over 40+ you need two bars with CT. I am a Kano main I know all gia tricks. Yes, he is safe but but not safe enough to play stupid and throw out stuff.
Outside of meterless upball and Kano ball, what does he have that's so unsafe?

Not b312.
Not b121
Not f4
Not d4

Kano is only unsafe if you play him in an unsafe way.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Outside of meterless upball and Kano ball, what does he have that's so unsafe?

Not b312.
Not b121
Not f4
Not d4

Kano is only unsafe if you play him in an unsafe way.
Regular knife toss on block is -7.......................... F212 is punishable as well..................................... Standing 3 is -7..............

He's the unsafe god as you clearly can see.

Rude

Regular knife toss on block is -7.......................... F212 is punishable as well..................................... Standing 3 is -7..............

He's the unsafe god as you clearly can see.
Oh, my b. -7!!! Move over, Ermac!

Status
Not open for further replies.