What's new

General/Other - Kano Kano General Discussion Thread

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
This is what I posted in REO's kp2 patch requests thread, what I'd like to see happen to Kano

Kano:
Standing 1 changed from 8 frames to 7
All whiffing issues fixed (like standing 2, which is an important normal, and non-Cybernetic knives which can whiff on crouch BLOCKING characters such as Scorpion)
Hit and block reaction changed on F4 so that several moves will not whiff after it, either that or increase the range of said moves that can whiff when cancelled from F4 (like DB1 in Cybernetic).
Whiff recovery from mb air ball halved.
5 more frames of hitstun from ex ball cancel (this will make Commando bnbs easier to execute and allow Commando to tap in to a slightly higher damage output)
Up Ball issues fixed (ie getting beat out by a lot of normals, variable startup with anywhere between 6 and 9(!) frames)
Cutthroat - Ex buff's DoT effect removed
Cybernetic - 2% damage increase to DF2 (and therefore 0.5% chip damage) increase to allow him to compete in zoning wars and actually have zoning worth worrying about
Cybernetic - Slightly decreased damage scaling on 2+4MB launcher to allow him to have average combo damage and so his variation-specific combo extender isn't made redundant by his universal combo extender (ex ball cancel) since it currently does around the same damage
Cybernetic - You can now choose where you'd like to place the opponent when doing Kano's 1+3 ender, 1+3B places them near you, 1+3F places them 3/4 screen. In its current state it leaves the opponent in an awkward position where nothing Kano has that's guaranteed reaches and where anything that does reach isn't guaranteed.
Cybernetic - Slightly increased block advantage on ex knives (from +5 to +8)
Cybernetic - MB Up Laser hit reaction changed/recovery reduced to allow for more consistent conversions
Commando - Slightly decrease the damage scaling on 321+3MB so that the move isn't made redundant by ex ball cancel combos as they currently do more damage
Commando - New tick throws implemented, either B1, F4, B3 or all of them (note: You might think I'm crazy but look at all the other grapplers and try telling me that'd be broken in comparison somehow)
Commando - Parry inconsistencies fixed (ie being able to parry lows high but not low, vice versa)

Gofer_MK_

Banned
This is what I posted in REO's kp2 patch requests thread, what I'd like to see happen to Kano

Kano:
All whiffing issues fixed (like standing 2, which is an important normal, and non-Cybernetic knives which can whiff on crouch BLOCKING characters such as Scorpion)
Hit and block reaction changed on F4 so that several moves will not whiff after it, either that or increase the range of said moves that can whiff when cancelled from F4 (like DB1 in Cybernetic).
5 more frames of hitstun from ex ball cancel (this will make Commando bnbs easier to execute and allow Commando to tap in to a slightly higher damage output)
Up Ball issues fixed (ie getting beat out by a lot of normals, variable startup with anywhere between 6 and 9(!) frames)
Cybernetic - 2% damage increase to DF2 (and therefore 0.5% chip damage) increase to allow him to compete in zoning wars and actually have zoning worth worrying about
Cybernetic - Slightly decreased damage scaling on 2+4MB launcher to allow him to have average combo damage and so his variation-specific combo extender isn't made redundant by his universal combo extender (ex ball cancel) since it currently does around the same damage
Cybernetic - You can now choose where you'd like to place the opponent when doing Kano's 1+3 ender, 1+3B places them near you, 1+3F places them 3/4 screen. In its current state it leaves the opponent in an awkward position where nothing Kano has that's guaranteed reaches and where anything that does reach isn't guaranteed.
Cybernetic - MB Up Laser hit reaction changed/recovery reduced to allow for more consistent conversions
Commando - Slightly decrease the damage scaling on 321+3MB so that the move isn't made redundant by ex ball cancel combos as they currently do more damage
Commando - New tick throws implemented, either B1, F4, B3 or all of them (note: You might think I'm crazy but look at all the other grapplers and try telling me that'd be broken in comparison somehow)
Commando - Parry inconsistencies fixed (ie being able to parry lows high but not low, vice versa)
I would add one more:

Commando - Ex Parry is universal, grabs both low and high.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano

Kano:
Good list.

I'd add: give command grabs more priority and make ex knives (commando/ct) function properly ie the mid is a true mid, doesn't whiff in the corner etc. Also maybe remove gap in 112

Youphemism

Good list.

I'd add: give command grabs more priority and make ex knives (commando/ct) function properly ie the mid is a true mid, doesn't whiff in the corner etc. Also maybe remove gap in 112
Yeah I think ex knives whiffing is more of a problem with certain characters' crouching hitboxes (fuck you Scorpion) but they should make the hitbox bigger nonetheless. I don't actually think they need to remove that gap because it's never been interrupted or backdashed once lol. Even then you can stop at 11 and be safe, it's just another cool mindgame against opponents that actually know about it (ie only other Kano mains :DOGE)

Youphemism

All the time... I still want the air throw.
Why though? He has no need for it? He already has redundant moves in Commando, why give him more? From what the Commando mains say Choke seems to work kind of like an air throw anyway in that it has a big hitbox for catching jump-ins so give that a go and see if it's better than B1 for you :)

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Why though? He has no need for it? He already has redundant moves in Commando, why give him more? From what the Commando mains say Choke seems to work kind of like an air throw anyway in that it has a big hitbox for catching jump-ins so give that a go and see if it's better than B1 for you :)
Choke is godlike. Just needs more advantage after it.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Air throw != anti-air throw.

Commando needs his shit to fucking work first and foremost, instead of being a weird flavour of crap calf of the cast has. Same goes to pretty much any other "defensive" character in this game.

kantboy-2

Ripper
I love Choke. I think is his best move in Commando.

I ask for the air throw because his other Commando specific moves (the grabs) are not consistent and it would give him another option to position the opponent.

There's nothing more satisfying than being in the proper distance when an opponent goes to the air, misses his/her attack and lands to receive a juicy power bomb.

That's what I love about Commando. That and the MB choke to end the match. :joker:

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
Guys idk if this is known but d4-up ball beats every armored reversal in the game. Sometimes its also a true block string.

Which means for 1 bar in commando and cuthroat u can get 10% chip guaranteed (and for 2 bars itll be safe)

Jip b31-ex knives, d4-up ball...10% chip and a true block string. I know up ball isnt safe but this is good for closing out matched and if they try to armor theyll get hit

Youphemism

Guys idk if this is known but d4-up ball beats every armored reversal in the game. Sometimes its also a true block string.

Which means for 1 bar in commando and cuthroat u can get 10% chip guaranteed (and for 2 bars itll be safe)

Jip b31-ex knives, d4-up ball...10% chip and a true block string. I know up ball isnt safe but this is good for closing out matched and if they try to armor theyll get hit
It's not guaranteed, D4 starts up in 8 frames.

Youphemism

Yea it is ex knives are +9 on block...u need really good timing but its 100% doable lol
Huh, I guess mkxframedata.com is wrong then.

Edit: Or not, wtf? I downloaded mkxframedata as a pdf and it says ex knives are +5 :confused: oh well lol nvm