What's new

Kano Aug/7/2019 Patch Notes Discussion

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
In the corner, if you D3xxAmpChemicalBurn(close fire) or D1xxAmpChemicalBurn(close fire) at max distance of the D1 or D3, you could safely setup fire if the Chemical Burn lands.

F2xxAmpChemicalBurn(close fire) also is a safe setup for fire in the corner.
Awesome! I was trying to think at work if there was a way to be able to set up AMP Chemical Burn in the corner.

Guessing that's the version where the fire can be ignited on the ground since I haven't been able to try it out yet. If so, that also sets up some options there, since the opponent will have to guess what you're going for next: D1, overhead, back throw into the fire for the DOT + throw damage, neutral jump to catch a potential jump attack.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I love grappling and Kano Commando spoiled me compared to Ripper.. Dirtbag can be good keeping Kano safe, since he is very unsafe. I'll try it out tonight for a couple of games. Still see Ripper as the "go to" for a serious fight.
As a Kano main, I'll never stop using Ripper because I love command grabbing, but if you want to make Kano work in most matchups now...

Dirtbag those fools.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
D1 and D3 are +10 on hit. Standing1 is 8f startup.

11xxAmpUpKanoBall does about 23% now with Vege-Mighty Buff on.
11 is an auto-shimmy string.

This means that at many points, Kano could mix you up by doing D1xxChem OR D1-Grab OR D1-11 hit confirm. Remeber that Kano has Krushing Blows on both his throws too.

Dirtbag is definitely looking like his better variation long term for sure.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
D1 and D3 on hit is +10. Standing-1 is 8f startup.

11xxAmpUpKanoBall does about 23% now with Vege-Mighty Buff on.
11 is an auto-shimmy string.

This means that at many points, Kano could mix you up by doing D1xxChem OR D1-Grab OR D1-11 hit confirm. Remeber that Kano has Krushing Blows on both his throws too.

Dirtbag is definitely looking like his better variation long term for sure.
Nerf Kano!!

Kidding.:)

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
What ive been saying though which is truer than ever is using his d3! its now 9f with better block and has always been +13 on hit (supposedly). This means in theory on hit 2,2 should jail which once again allows for neutral reset. Still gotta see if theres anything with b1.

How do you guys apply pressure after your opponent blocks a jump in? My opponents just d1s after every jump in since it feels like everything I do is a high

Murderation76

knife boi
Dirtbag is scary boys. I advise everyone to check out MonstahPanda's YT channel. His videos inspired to reconsider my dismissal of dirtbag and to start grinding him out about a month ago. While dirtbag was mad fun, if your opponent was keen on the matchup you had no non-gimmick options. However, catch someone sleeping and let you get out a molotov in the corner your doing 400 dmg meterless. Paulo was very conservative on speeding up molotov with very good reason. People don't quite understand the devestation that you can string together with chem burn and a correctly placed molly in the corner. Dirtbag would be completely busted if they sped molly up much more.

Lab notes so far (still adding):

- Hit advantage buff for chemical buff is fantastic. Depending on string/poke canceled off of, advantage ranges from +9 to +13. 11xxchem burn, 24xxchemburn, D1xxchem burn leave the opponent close enough to frame trap a dash cancel B3. Conditioning opponent to respect this will help with chem burn->backdash->molotov setups.

- The new chemical burn (back) amp move has different properties than a normal molotov (still trying to figure this out). In the corner, the explosion caused by the B-amp is NOT comboable like a normal molotov buy gives you a fuck ton of plus frames. Also, it's jank as fuck when the amped portion is blocked in the corner. Set dummy to auto block and test canceled strings (11,22 and 24) into it and you'll immediately see what I mean. The back amp lighter is blockable and the pushback teleports Kano a third screen away, but at least leaves him like +10 (tf?). Where it gets interesting is canceling F12, B1 and F2 into chem burn B-amp.

- B1 and F2xxchemical burn now connect in the corner. F2xxchem burn (back) amp is a nasty guaranteed DOT setup in the corner now. LAB THIS SHIT GUYS. It is character dependant and I'm still testing, but so far it beats out forward roll, U2, some U3s, neutral jump (unless opponent has dive kick) and forward jump. It MUST be blocked or U3'd. Depending on hit box, some characters must crouch block--stand block still causes explosion on wakeup. If the opponent eats the explosion standing, you are like +30 and can jail anything your heart desires.

-F12xxchem burn B-amp in the corner jails into the explosion (but no DOT setup) leaving you +28 on hit.

@Circus

Last edited:

Murderation76

knife boi
@MagicMan357 I'm testing B1xxchem burn right now. It will only connect point blank and if the opponent's back completely against the corner wall, nowhere else. B1xxchem burn B-amp gives a guaranteed DOT setup like F2. It seems even stronger than the F2 setup--- it leaves opponent standing (no wakeup options) and Kano at +56 (???) and smack dab in the DOT flame.

This will be a strong and completely safe meaty option in the corner.

That is, if this stuff is intended and not hotfixed

CriticalDrop

Beers, grabs & dropped combos
CONFIRMED!! After the patch D1 and D3 jail into S1 without any problem.
As you might know, before the patch there was a hitbox issue that prevented S1 from jailing from D1 or D3, as S1 high profiled the recovery animation of the other character (the only exception was that D3 jailed into S1 on big chars, like the Kahns). Now, it's perfectly possible to do it, so we have a jail from pokes with a less tight link than the D1/D3 into S2 (2 frames instead of 1):

kantboy-2

Ripper
I also got inspired to use Dirtbag by Monstahpanda. He made me realize that you can't make Molotov that fast.

So, can you tick throw with Ripper from the jail?

Have you guys played Towers and seen the silly Kano variations they added?

KMK55

Noob
Guys I main dirtbag this variation might be too good now, low key. I have not played enough to know but acid being plus more and cocktail being faster is a big deal. Kano up ball doing more damage with vege hurting more is a big deal. You can do kano up ball reversal and it hurts bad. I'm just say without playing much low key dirtbag has changed BIG time and is good now

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Dirtbag doesn't have to take many risks to be good compared to Ripper tbh.

It might realistically be his better variation at the moment because of the combination of a safe getaway with 22xxChem or D1xxChem AND Vege-Mighty being faster so it's better at blowing up reactable projectiles from a distance.

Because D1xxChem is safe now too, he has a legit mixup from his F1 (+1 on block high) now. He could F1 then D1xxChem for safety and to catch them pressing a button OR he could just F1 into a grab attempt.

Time will tell how effective this is, because he is basically tickling you to death, but it's not the worst tbh.

@kcd117 @Vslayer @Apex Kano @Murderation76 @MagicMan357 @CO-KANO

What do you all think?
I think chem is in a good place right now, you can reset them and even go for something risky like a F3, but B3 or F4 is probably a better idea. I think you may even be in range for B4. It kinda sucks he doesn't have the extended combos in this variation, I think it would make the variation extremely good. I mean seriously replace Molotov Toss with Manhandled and you're gtg.

I played around with it this morning in the towers and I like it. Vege mighty is such a good tool now tho I think this variation may be better as you said since it guarantees damage with little risk, even if it's less damage.

KMK55

Noob
With the plus frames that acid has and more damage you can kill someone so fast in corner if you hit its not even funny

CriticalDrop

Beers, grabs & dropped combos
Dirtbag has never been my cup of tea, not because of the viability but of the gameplan itself. However, after reading your posts and watching some MonstahPanda's videos, I think I'll give it a new try, seems really strong now. I gonna stick with Ripper for sure, but Dirtbag could be useful for some matchups.

Last edited:

KMK55

Noob
That's pretty cool, do you all know about if you back dash after a acid hit in corner then throw fire then do a knock down combo with acid they get up brunt and keeps the combo going

FGC _ Wondered

Been here since MK9
Here’s a video I made last night of the cool damage ideas and chemical burn buffs I thought were cool:). Here’s to more Kano durtbag players :).

CO-KANO

psn: UNFUCxWITABLE_1
Dirtbag doesn't have to take many risks to be good compared to Ripper tbh.

It might realistically be his better variation at the moment because of the combination of a safe getaway with 22xxChem or D1xxChem AND Vege-Mighty being faster so it's better at blowing up reactable projectiles from a distance.

Because D1xxChem is safe now too, he has a legit mixup from his F1 (+1 on block high) now. He could F1 then D1xxChem for safety and to catch them pressing a button OR he could just F1 into a grab attempt.

Time will tell how effective this is, because he is basically tickling you to death, but it's not the worst tbh.

@kcd117 @Vslayer @Apex Kano @Murderation76 @MagicMan357 @CO-KANO

What do you all think?
I made it a point to rank up to God using mainly dirtbag to prove it aint useless amd now that he buffed it over for all erron and most sonyas lol

Murderation76

knife boi
That's pretty cool, do you all know about if you back dash after a acid hit in corner then throw fire then do a knock down combo with acid they get up brunt and keeps the combo going
Correct. The molotov with a certain spacing (edge of DOT flames just in front of opponent's foot) in the corner, gives guaranteed resets. It will beat almost all wakeups and has enough hitstun to combo into a J3. Mustard demonstrates this in the following tweet.

As he says, this was possible prior to yesterday's patch, which is why molotov being much faster would be absolutely broken.

Murderation76

knife boi
Here’s a video I made last night of the cool damage ideas and chemical burn buffs I thought were cool:). Here’s to more Kano durtbag players :).
You're close, but incorrect about chem burn back-amp not working in the corner (which is the real new dirt). Check my post above-- F12, F2 and B1 all give guaranteed unblockable setups when canceled into chem burn B-amp in the corner.

So if you land any anti air into juggle or a B2/J3 near the corner you wanna combo into 11, 11, F2xxchem burn b-amp for a nasty guaranteed DOT setup.