What's new

Kano Aug/7/2019 Patch Notes Discussion

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Kano

• Kano - Black Dragon Ball powered up by Vege-Mighty starts up in 10 frames (was 12), has 1 more active frame, has 20 more frames of blockstun and 1 more frame of recovery

• Kano - Black Dragon Ball powered up by Vege-Mighty when directed upward does 20 more damage and the input has more leniency

• Kano - Molotov Cocktail starts up 2 frames faster, and recovers 5 frames faster

• Kano - Chemical Burn damage increased by 20, startup is now 12 frames (was 14), recovers 1 frame faster, hitstun increased by 13 frames, blockstun increased by 5 frames, and had its hit region adjusted

• Kano - Chemical Burn Amplified damage increased by 20, startup reduced by 8 frames, recovery reduced by 7 frames, blockstun increased by 10 frames, pushback increased, and had its hit region adjusted

• Kano - Chemical Burn Amplified can now be done as a close version, which will cause a Molotov Cocktail flame DOT

• Kano - Low Hinge (Down + Front Kick) startup is now 9 frames (was 10) and recovers 2 frames faster on block

• Kano - Fixed issue with Fatal Blow switching side when it hits airborne opponents at certain heights

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Ok, so after labbing Dirtbag just a little bit, it's looking reeaaally nice.

1. With Chemical Burn being 12 frames, it's as if he actually has a mid now in many instances in certain matchups.

2. With AmpChemical Burn laying down his acid, he actually has ways to lay down his acid WHILE THEY ARE POSIONED, which has been the variations biggest flaw until now.

3. Molotov recovery is nice.

Ripper might have only benefitted from the D3 being similar frame data to his D1, but Dirtbag might actually be usable in some matchups that give Kano some difficulty now.

It might be too early to say still, but I'm optimistic. I don't think this'll shoot Kano up to god tier or anything, but at least we have something to work with here in time.

Lets get to labbing.

kantboy-2

Ripper
Dirtbag just got multiple options from fullscreen to bit off sweep range with that chem burn buff.

Has anyone checked if you can do a fire carpet cage with molotov and amp. chem burn? that would be fucked up.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Why are people saying ripper is trash? Its a straight forward variation, it didnt need any super buffs. You guys act like a command throw with ticks isnt good enough lmfao.

I just wish they did something with his b1 the most. Im happy for the buffs though, i wonder if the molotov buff will really help him. Chem buff is good for being able to do it off 2 more strings.

kobrafan79

R.I.P Kobra 2004-2015 we hardly knew ye.
Has anyone checked to see how well his down one jails into his other mixup tools?

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
I was hoping they make Kano less unsafe on low grab and roll. Also, at least give him a mid starter to keep him honest. Ripper is the go too varient, but now since they buff Dirtbag I can try to make this one work. Still he is missing his strings that make him some what strong in that varient. So overall, this is very lackluster.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
22xxChemical Burn connects on block with no gap and is completely unpunishable.

22xxAMP-UP-Black-Dragon-Ball does 236 damage and grants a +22 on hit knockdown for Oki.

22xxChemical Burn on block is a free escape at any point of the fight and if you see the 22 land, you get some damage now.

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
I love the dirtbag changes. A step in the right direction. 12 frames, less punishable, and an extended hitbox on Chemical? No downsides! I’m glad I can combo F2xxBurn now. While the opponent has the burn effect DoT, if you throw the molly and it ticks, they combust. I don’t remember that being so pronounced before, as you usually had to get a molly on screen before you could make em combust. The close match light is also really nice. Has anyone figured out how to set up molly or is that still off the cards?

We (ripper) still trash.

I wonder how they can look at Kano and Scorpion and say "yep, we did a pretty good job at balancing this game".
Slow update, but yea. High command grab and no mid. Can't tick from 1, can't tick from 2, can't tick from F1. All highs. 1 or 2 into the grab works sometimes against a player with a vegetable brain. I guess we'll just have to rely on mashing d1 like idiots all match, because that's the only move that's safe.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
In the corner, if you D3xxAmpChemicalBurn(close fire) or D1xxAmpChemicalBurn(close fire) at max distance of the D1 or D3, you could safely setup fire if the Chemical Burn lands.

F2xxAmpChemicalBurn(close fire) also is a safe setup for fire in the corner.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
In the corner, if you D3xxAmpChemicalBurn(close fire) or D1xxAmpChemicalBurn(close fire) at max distance of the D1 or D3, you could safely setup fire if the Chemical Burn lands.

F2xxAmpChemicalBurn(close fire) also is a safe setup for fire in the corner.
Nice :D

He does decent damage in the corner as well, j4 * D1 D1 D1 * 22 Kano ball amp does like 30%

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
If they speed up the firebomb toss, this would be a new favorite of my Kano. Until then kustom Kombat with Snake bite.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Dirtbag doesn't have to take many risks to be good compared to Ripper tbh.

It might realistically be his better variation at the moment because of the combination of a safe getaway with 22xxChem or D1xxChem AND Vege-Mighty being faster so it's better at blowing up reactable projectiles from a distance.

Because D1xxChem is safe now too, he has a legit mixup from his F1 (+1 on block high) now. He could F1 then D1xxChem for safety and to catch them pressing a button OR he could just F1 into a grab attempt.

Time will tell how effective this is, because he is basically tickling you to death, but it's not the worst tbh.

@kcd117 @Vslayer @Apex Kano @Murderation76 @MagicMan357 @CO-KANO

What do you all think?

MagicMan357

@Circus This is exactly what i wanted chem burn to be. A legit neutral reseter just like scarecrow on block which suits my playstyle perfectly. I still think ripper is good at what its meant for but this now will allow kano to be what he really is...A footsie based punish character which for some reason people think is nonsense?

What im really wondering about is molotov. Is it viable to do 112 on hit and molotov allow you to be safe and active on knockdown? Will f2-molotov in the corner allow us some kind of oki now?

Also what about b1? can you chem off that?

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
I love grappling and Kano Commando spoiled me compared to Ripper.. Dirtbag can be good keeping Kano safe, since he is very unsafe. I'll try it out tonight for a couple of games. Still see Ripper as the "go to" for a serious fight.

kcd117

Noob
Dirtbag doesn't have to take many risks to be good compared to Ripper tbh.

It might realistically be his better variation at the moment because of the combination of a safe getaway with 22xxChem or D1xxChem AND Vege-Mighty being faster so it's better at blowing up reactable projectiles from a distance.

Because D1xxChem is safe now too, he has a legit mixup from his F1 (+1 on block high) now. He could F1 then D1xxChem for safety and to catch them pressing a button OR he could just F1 into a grab attempt.

Time will tell how effective this is, because he is basically tickling you to death, but it's not the worst tbh.

@kcd117 @Vslayer @Apex Kano @Murderation76 @MagicMan357 @CO-KANO

What do you all think?
Yeah, it is definitely his better variation now. I think it is still not that good but at least it is a bit safer and has some nasty stuff in the corner.

MagicMan357

I just started using Snakebite last night for the first time in Practice and today I landed a straight-up 50% double amped combo against another player. Snakebite is awesome.
Thats why i tell people to play kustom its so fun. What combo did you do though?