What's new

Kabal VS Everyone.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
People need to remember one thing, MK9 was a game that it was and some characters were strong in that game not only because of their tools but the way the game was designed.

Jailing people in crouch or stand in that game was a thing, some may thing like irrelevant, but characters like Kabal and Skarlet were probably among the first 3 who could effectively use this mechanic to make their game even stronger, Kabal with 2NDC and Skarlet with her blockstring being.

The chip damage in MK9 was 2% of health and 1% at the very least, you could have characters doing 50% of chip damage for that matter.

Wakeup system had 11f of invincibility meterless, and 21 with meter, something MKXL didn't had, the Jump arcs were also all the same height and speed and all attacks were generics and equal which made easier to anti-air in general.

MK9 characters can pick up other characters out of floor post knockdown
MK9 Character armor is not ruled by how many hits it can eat, rather than this, its ruled by how many frames the armor exists on some attack, MK9 characters could sustain more than 2 this of armor on their daily basis, a concept which was given to jason later on with lots of reppercussions, remember Skarlet and her super armor?

There is no way you can compare any MKX IGAU or I2 character to what kabal is or was or what the other characters are, they all will behave weird because each one of those characters in their games they're bound by some rules which doesn't apply in some other game

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
If we count NRS' previous games before MK9, way back when they were Midway (hell, MK9 began development while they still were Midway and there are several references to that in the game's file) then MKT Noob and MKG Sektor beat the crap out of him and well, pretty much the entire cast of MK9, X, IGAU 1 and 2.
I mean, MKT Noob could literally do infinites off EVERYTHING. Disabler hit you? Teleport into infinite. Clone throw got you? Into teleport infinite. Tele hit you? well, you get the idea. Even taking infinites away, he was cheap as fuck.
MKG Sektor can just spam missiles all day long into 40% max dmg combos, or just do his insanely fast tele uppercut combos that also lead into said max dmg. If you remove max dmg from the equation but keep everything else the same, that literally means if MK9 Kabal tries to do ANYTHING, he gets hit into an infinite from tele or missile or chipped out to death from the missile spam.
And I didn't even mention the homing missile.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
If we count NRS' previous games before MK9, way back when they were Midway (hell, MK9 began development while they still were Midway and there are several references to that in the game's file) then MKT Noob and MKG Sektor beat the crap out of him and well, pretty much the entire cast of MK9, X, IGAU 1 and 2.
I mean, MKT Noob could literally do infinites off EVERYTHING. Disabler hit you? Teleport into infinite. Clone throw got you? Into teleport infinite. Tele hit you? well, you get the idea. Even taking infinites away, he was cheap as fuck.
MKG Sektor can just spam missiles all day long into 40% max dmg combos, or just do his insanely fast tele uppercut combos that also lead into said max dmg. If you remove max dmg from the equation but keep everything else the same, that literally means if MK9 Kabal tries to do ANYTHING, he gets hit into an infinite from tele or missile or chipped out to death from the missile spam.
And I didn't even mention the homing missile.
Remember MK vs DC Green Lantern who can combo off a breaker?
THE SHIT GETS DEEPER

Now I'm just hypothesizing all manner of stuff.
3D or UMK MK9 Kabal? 360 degrees of crazy AND maybe Air Kombat? Or giving him a Run Button?
That's lunacy. That's breaking the tesseract, man.

Shit...The matchups, though.
Lantern or Flash, yes.
Or Dairou.
Sareena.
MKDA Scorpion, with the Skull Costume.
Anyone with a Throw combo.
Mokap.

Shujinko would've never made it to all 6 realms if he'd had to fight THAT Kabal.

What if he can do like the Flash and Dash so fast that he reverses time?
And some Mandela Effect shit happens and we wake up tomorrow and he's in the Warrior Shrine, and it turns out there were EIGHT characters playable in MK1 and he's BEEN THERE THE WHOLE TIME?

The possibilities...