What's new

Kabal VS Everyone.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
In MKX, he'd get popped up a bit.

In both Injustice games, he'd probably demolish.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
assuming perfect play on both sides, I just can't see how any character from any of those games would beat Kabal. Nothing beats perfectly executed NDC pressure tools coupled with iaGB.

Examples above re DJT winning with Cyrax are based on the players involved, not the character IMO.
I agree with this. I've watched that fucking match many times over and that was definitely a case of the better player won that day, even though that might've been the best match EITHER of them ever played.

Although I will concede to @The_Tile that FF Liu Kang is the best candidate thus far.
Which is fitting since there were a lot of people who believed that Liu in MK9 was one of Kabal's "worst" MU's.

man this thread reminds me how much mkx actually sucked ass
It was so much better after the last patch, but there's still so much lacking.
And I'm still not over Balanced getting the buffs he needed just to lose his most important move in armored EX RK. But anyway...

Even FF Liu I think, at 150% top level play, would be 5.5-4.5 Kabal.
They can both read each other and play chess with each other's options, but Kabal can hit back harder from every distance, especially with bar. Overhead Hook, The Wheel, EX Dash, EX NDC into like 20 different possible things...it's like Batgirl's Teleport, but worse.

Batgirl.
Now THAT I would like to see.
I don't care if it's impossible. Entertain the thought anyway.
Reo VS Sonic.
The two most broken players of all time in what would EASILY be the most broken MU in the history of fighting.
Not just fighting games or martial arts, literally ALL of human confrontation, real or artificial.

If I wasn't a lazy bastard, I'd make a poster for it.

Last edited:

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
She had teleports with armor, no recovery frames and invincibility and her damage was insane, therefore she said fuck you to all zoners thanks to her invincible teleport which could let her go through the projectiles and She did %40 damage for 1 bar midscreen minimum lol
Maybe I don't remember just how good her anti-zoning was.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Maybe I don't remember just how good her anti-zoning was.
In 2012/2013, when Reo was murdering everyone to the point that PL, Manny and the like followed suit, there was a point a whooole bunch of people tried to step their game up playing Kabal.

If that had happened in Injustice, and all the top tier players went Barbara to observe the results, the world would've seen how filthy that girl was.

I get that she never got her just wind of "holy shit this is some busted stuff" because Sonic was the only one making headway with her, but it was ridiculous.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
OP said Kabal plays exactly as he did in MK9, so no one would break his armor because armor in that game armor didn't endure a specific number of attacks but had an active number of frames, so you bitches can stop the downplaying.

Even Vanilla MKX Liu Kang's infinite wouldn't bother him THAT much because Kabal always had fucking meter and he can pushblock for days, AND he wouldn't give a shit about stamina after pushblocking while Liu Kang is fucked when stamina is gone, so you can stop THAT downplaying.

And Kabal can wakeup without meter while Liu Kang can't - although Kabal always restands anyway.

Liu Kang's fastest poke was 9f as well back then, so he will have to hold the NDC pressure.

Kabal STILL wouldn't lose that MU.

Come at me fuckers I'll fight every single one of you.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
OP said Kabal plays exactly as he did in MK9, so no one would break his armor because armor in that game armor didn't endure a specific number of attacks but had an active number of frames, so you bitches can stop the downplaying.

Even Vanilla MKX Liu Kang's infinite wouldn't bother him THAT much because Kabal always had fucking meter and he can pushblock for days, AND he wouldn't give a shit about stamina after pushblocking while Liu Kang is fucked when stamina is gone, so you can stop THAT downplaying.

And Kabal can wakeup without meter while Liu Kang can't - although Kabal always restands anyway.

Liu Kang's fastest poke was 9f as well back then, so he will have to hold the NDC pressure.

Otherwise though, the armor breaking is a fair point.

Kabal wouldnt actually always have meter though as Lius fireballs would low profile the gas blasts, making it so Kabal had to approach.

Then when he did, and Liu had enough meter, BAM Mb Flying Kick from halfway across the screen into a block infinite.

I see no way Kabal could win this MU, I can see a 5-5 being debated but I'm not seeing Kabal winning.

Braindead

Otherwise though, the armor breaking is a fair point.

Kabal wouldnt actually always have meter though as Lius fireballs would low profile the gas blasts, making it so Kabal had to approach.

Then when he did, and Liu had enough meter, BAM Mb Flying Kick from halfway across the screen into a block infinite.

I see no way Kabal could win this MU, I can see a 5-5 being debated but I'm not seeing Kabal winning.
Kabal can build a shit ton of meter both by zoning and by NDC pressure (which again LK has to hold).

Trust me, Kabal and having a shit ton of meter is an unbreakable bond.

LK's pressure is still limited by stamina, Kabal's isn't.

BTW the more I think about it, having different universal game rules applied on 2 characters, the sillier this discussion becomes lol.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
That's OK, it's the fun sort of silly. Though I'd personally be more interested in who's the worst across all four games lol.
Fuck yeah! Let's... let's do that.

Sheeva is good start, I don't think anybody from MKX or Inj2 is worse. Day 1 Shinnok was pretty pathetic, and yet I'd say he was slightly better.

Braindead

Fuck yeah! Let's... let's do that.

Sheeva is good start, I don't think anybody from MKX or Inj2 is worse. Day 1 Shinnok was pretty pathetic, and yet I'd say he was slightly better.
Don't you fucking dare talk shit about THE Kabal slayer.

Israel

Noob
Would I be dumb by saying Injustice 1 Doomsday? Feels like he has a pretty good tool to get around the zoning. Dunno about how it would fare when Kabal has him cornered though.
With the movement limitation in Injustice... do you really thing any char from injustice can keep up with kabal? He can close the distance in a second, and be on the opposite side just as quick. I dont play injustice, so you may be right.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Can he win a 1v3 aka FighterZ.

Not super versed in it so I don't know who is tippy top of the tier table so someone pick for me.

CmC_HAt

Noob
for the MK9 kabal match-up pick mkx final mileena ethereal
and punish the gaps between kabal's ND and presure
for his zoning apply tele kick or mileena zoning :)

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Yo if we're talking worst character I'd have to say day 1 joker in injustice 1. He had Nothing

Sheeva is the other obvious pick.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !

lmao braindead you hella failed.... Liu Kang can punish every NDC with F1 (6 frames) <-- Zippp

No pushblock in mk9 --- Zappp

Armor on ND wasn't very long as all so u can OS with B1 into ex Kick > bikekick -- Zoooop

What wakeup? Buzzsaw? zINGGGGGGGG

Braindead

lmao braindead you hella failed.... Liu Kang can punish every NDC with F1 (6 frames) <-- Zippp

No pushblock in mk9 --- Zappp

Armor on ND wasn't very long as all so u can OS with B1 into ex Kick > bikekick -- Zoooop

What wakeup? Buzzsaw? zINGGGGGGGG
Bitch you just theory fighting.

I ran this MU a lot and Kabal wins. Stop downplaying.

UGL Preon

The Casual God
Since MK9 ran at 30fps does Kabal keep his 13 frame normals or are they cut to 6-7 frame normals now we’re in the 60 FPS zone?

If we do cut it to 6-7 framers then maybe injustice 1 bane final patch. Cause he just didn’t care what you were doing. Level 3 venom not having the full drawback and not resetting on clash would be huge. Also by the time you’re willing to “break”. Babes taken 30-55% in two hits.

Although some characters lose their ability to cross him up because he’d have a block button. So anyone with a heavy cross up game is neutralized.

Day One out the box Superman INJ1 with untouched f23xxBreath. Maybe MMH. Injustice characters will build meter like crazy and have 4 stocks so you could push block a lot of his pressure. Although it was much easier in INJ1 than in INJ2

If he stays at 13 frames. Then 90% of MKX/INJ2 characters are gonna mop.