What's new

Kabal VS Everyone.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Here's a hypothetical but still interesting question @Amplified$hotz led my brains to thinking up:

If you were to make a MUGEN style mashup of every game thus far in modern NRS history - MK9, IJ1, MKX/MKXL and IJ2, and all their stages - and match him up against EVERYONE on all of those rosters...would ANY of them be able to go even? Or maybe, perhaps, even BEAT him?

So I am now on a mission to see if it can be unequivocally proven, even in completely impractical circumstances, that Kabal is #1 across the board.

The rules are simple.
One: Kabal plays exactly like MK9 Kabal. He dashblocks, no run button, no B3/F3, everything works exactly the same.
Two: Whoever he's fighting plays exactly like they play. If they're from MKX, they Run, Injustice = they don't, etc.
Three: Whatever stage you're playing on plays like its supposed to. Because even more variables.

I can't think of anyone.
No matter who or where I put him, he wins.

Go.

I think MMH can beat him with his footsie and OH teleport.
Batgirl and Sinestro might beat him also, with the loopable meterless vortex

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Here's a hypothetical but still interesting question @Amplified$hotz led my brains to thinking up:

If you were to make a MUGEN style mashup of every game thus far in modern NRS history - MK9, IJ1, MKX/MKXL and IJ2, and all their stages - and match him up against EVERYONE on all of those rosters...would ANY of them be able to go even? Or maybe, perhaps, even BEAT him?

So I am now on a mission to see if it can be unequivocally proven, even in completely impractical circumstances, that Kabal is #1 across the board.

The rules are simple.
One: Kabal plays exactly like MK9 Kabal. He dashblocks, no run button, no B3/F3, everything works exactly the same.
Two: Whoever he's fighting plays exactly like they play. If they're from MKX, they Run, Injustice = they don't, etc.
Three: Whatever stage you're playing on plays like its supposed to. Because even more variables.

I can't think of anyone.
No matter who or where I put him, he wins.

Go.
Hella ppl would MAWWP him in MKX LOL... Pretty much every rush down char would super free him. He had 13 frame normals .. easily breakable armor by mkx standards like liu b12(example) would shit on it. Most of his cancel's were 0 - +2 on block aside from 2 which was a high. He'd do okay while he had his zoning goin until they close in on him. Then it's a wrap

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I didn't play Inj1, so I wouldn't know about those, but outside of them I don't think anyone would beat him.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Vanilla MKX Liu would actually mop him.

Low profiling fireballs
Armor breaking with B1
Better pressure
Block infinites for days
Comparable or higher damage
Better buttons

Even if we are talking the final patch of MKX, I think Liu would beat him. He still does all of the things I mentioned, bar block infinites, just to a lesser extent.

Alex95

Noob
Get real man DJT beat all the best kabal players at evo with cyrax when mk9 was in its prime.
If you have good fundamentals and know the match up,cyrax overall is as good if not better than kabal.

JGillette

My thirst for knowledge cannot be quenched
Day 1 Tanya would wreck free btw, as everyone knows that version of hers was the strongest one in the games of NRS has ever created, no one ever managed to come close

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Vanilla MKX Liu would actually mop him.

Low profiling fireballs
Armor breaking with B1
Better pressure
Block infinites for days
Comparable or higher damage
Better buttons

Even if we are talking the final patch of MKX, I think Liu would beat him. He still does all of the things I mentioned, bar block infinites, just to a lesser extent.
lmao easily rek kabal.. does WAYY more dmg.. Better reset (ex grab) off of big ass dmg.. into fuckin loopable 2 Ndc strings tthat are just framed basically without the execution (and are actually mid)..

b121 would never be able to be thrown out cuz the gap.. (his only launcher) would get back dashed and punished cuz invincibility.. whoever thinks kabal would mawp ppl in mkx have no idea what they are talkin about. or don't understand kabal at all

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Well if we're talking vanilla versions of some characters then there's block and hit infinites that would help. Otherwise...

IGAU: prepatch Adam, Superman, Aquaman, and Deathstroke
IGAU Batgirl and MMH
MKX season 1 RSKitana, FFLiu Kang, and SQ D'Vorah
Inj2 prepatch Deadshot

All of those I think would get a pretty fair fight. I have blocked most of my memories of Kabal to stay sane but those are the ones that jump out as having mu specific tools against him.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
assuming perfect play on both sides, I just can't see how any character from any of those games would beat Kabal. Nothing beats perfectly executed NDC pressure tools coupled with iaGB.

Examples above re DJT winning with Cyrax are based on the players involved, not the character IMO.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
assuming perfect play on both sides, I just can't see how any character from any of those games would beat Kabal. Nothing beats perfectly executed NDC pressure tools coupled with iaGB.

Examples above re DJT winning with Cyrax are based on the players involved, not the character IMO.
Explain plz

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Explain plz
If you assume perfect execution of each character, I do not see how any character's toolset from any of the games is stronger than MK9 Kabal's. Top Kabal players have obviously been defeated, but I don't think this undermines the conclusion that he is the strongest of all NRS characters.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Day 1 Tanya would wreck free btw, as everyone knows that version of hers was the strongest one in the games of NRS has ever created, no one ever managed to come close
While Day1 Tanya was probably stronger as a character, I feel like IAGBs would give her a lot of issues. His flash parry would probably be a pain too.

Kabal would wreck the majority of injustice 2 characters except (The flash, Batman and maybe aquaman). Black adam would not stand a chance.

In the other hand. Kabal would be wrecked in mkx... as most of the cast have at least one insane variation. in some cases 3(Ermac, Tanya, Alien, Jason).

Last edited:

Wigy

There it is...
Against any mkx character he'd have the advantage of a meterless wakeup.

On the whole i think if you're going off any vanilla character that doesnt work. Cause vanilla cyrax could go half your health off a command grab and a bunch of characters have had infinites. None of kabals tools were game breaking its just cause pretty much every tool he had was on the border of gamebreaking.

Johnny used to have that stupid glitch where if u touched him at any point he would counter with his xray lol.

Didnt vanilla lao have like 70% bnbs in the corner?

Wigy

There it is...
what the hell

Highest I saw was 52%
Oh i just looked it up. not bnbs, but he could hit 70% with an xray.

He definitely had a huge damage nerf at one point which limited the number of divekicks he could do cause he was hitting around 50-60% off bnbs

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
If you assume perfect execution of each character, I do not see how any character's toolset from any of the games is stronger than MK9 Kabal's. Top Kabal players have obviously been defeated, but I don't think this undermines the conclusion that he is the strongest of all NRS characters.
no i understand the piont of execution etc isnt a factor, but could you explain deeper as too where he has the adv over all of the chars in mkx. and how his NDC's are stronger than the run cancel chars in mkx.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Kabal would wreck the majority of injustice 2 characters except (The flash, Batman and maybe aquaman). Black adam would not stand a chance.

In the other hand. Kabal would be wrecked in mkx... as most of the cast have at least one insane variation. in some cases 3(Ermac, Tanya, Alien, Jason).
Nah Aquaman would lose imo, in Injustice 2 he loses to any character he has to chase down. He has no comeback factor and pretty much only beats characters who have to chase him.

JGillette

My thirst for knowledge cannot be quenched
While Day1 Tanya was probably stronger as a character, I feel like IAGBs would give her a lot of issues. His flash parry would probably be a pain too.
She had teleports with armor, no recovery frames and invincibility and her damage was insane, therefore she said fuck you to all zoners thanks to her invincible teleport which could let her go through the projectiles and She did %40 damage for 1 bar midscreen minimum lol