What's new

Kabal Combo

what are the kombos you see people like reo using to get insane pressure? us he using db3f3b(block)? im just tryin to make a list together of the useful combos and pokes to cancel off. thanks for contribootin

im aware you can cancel off anything. im getting together a list of the USEFUL ones. but im aware of them now. this is a meaningless thread my bad.

mekane

Noob
the most useful ones are the F3, 2, NDC and F4 NDC IMO. F4 is a very fast move, and apparently the top players can even hit confirm that into not canceling the dash. the punch combo starters arent as good because it gives more room to low poke out of.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
the most useful ones are the F3, 2, NDC and F4 NDC IMO. F4 is a very fast move, and apparently the top players can even hit confirm that into not canceling the dash. the punch combo starters arent as good because it gives more room to low poke out of.
Although it's true that they have more room to poke out of the 11b4, 21, and b12 ndc's you really should be able to perform all of his strings into a dash cancel at any point within or after the string ON COMMAND, as well as mixing in pokes and throws, to maximize the pressure.

I know I'm known for playing Smoke, but I've been alt-ing Kabal for about a month now and have had great success and fun playing him.

mekane

Noob
Although it's true that they have more room to poke out of the 11b4, 21, and b12 ndc's you really should be able to perform all of his strings into a dash cancel at any point within or after the string ON COMMAND, as well as mixing in pokes and throws, to maximize the pressure.

I know I'm known for playing Smoke, but I've been alt-ing Kabal for about a month now and have had great success and fun playing him.
If they are blocking high the 11b4 is nice because you can NDC after 11 or after the b4.

The F4 NDC seems like the best since its so quick but its hard to hit confirm for me and I have trouble with the input... I want to use the negative edge to input the ND but it doesn't always come out.

I don't see a lot of the top Kabal players using throws, the poke mixup might be better, especially since if you catch them jumping on the d1 you can get a juggle with F4 -> ND.

Kabal is really fun to play, so many tools. Ex-dash is incredible.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I want to use the negative edge to input the ND but it doesn't always come out.

I don't see a lot of the top Kabal players using throws, the poke mixup might be better, especially since if you catch them jumping on the d1 you can get a juggle with F4 -> ND
I try and play Kabal ignoring negative edge; all it does is fuck me up.

for example, I input 11b4(NDC), f4(NDC) and f32(NDC) like this:

11b4 ... bf4, b+BLK

f4 ... bf4, b+BLK

f32 ... bf4, b+BLK

I know a lot of people use inputs like:

f3, b2, f4, b+BLK

but I always found that annoying to keep track of.

As for throws, what you're doing is sacrificing continued pressure for 12% damage but that's a trade I'll normally make.

mekane

Noob
I try and play Kabal ignoring negative edge; all it does is fuck me up.

for example, I input 11b4(NDC), f4(NDC) and f32(NDC) like this:

11b4 ... bf4, b+BLK

f4 ... bf4, b+BLK

f32 ... bf4, b+BLK

I know a lot of people use inputs like:

f3, b2, f4, b+BLK

but I always found that annoying to keep track of.

As for throws, what you're doing is sacrificing continued pressure for 12% damage but that's a trade I'll normally make.
I think that would definitely be the ideal way of doing it, its a little confusing once you start mixing up the inputs and using negative edge.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
My Record is 5 in a row, need refinement though, if i be able to cancel a bit more early it will be possible to perform in very close range

Can you do it?

rafaw

#YouSuck
I cant watch right now bc im at work.

By NDC u mean any string into NDC? the same string into NDC? a diferent string for every NDC?
If its any string, including repeting the same string, i can do as long as i want most of the time....

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
With Strings i can do them as much as i want to, do NDC to NDC... is much harder, but has a pruporse, i generally use to Force Opponent Block, or to Bait Him to counter it, so i can punish as it he reacts to it. Kind of a Type of Mind Game

Tag MK9 has always been kind of busted. Since there's practically no scene for it, I doubt NRS has much motivation to fix it. Though there could be no scene because nothings been fixed...

Past

Noob
By now its obvious that NRS does not care about tag, especially when you nerf Jade's assist but you leave Raiden's alone so that characters can do 50% percent with 1 bar. If you bought this game for tag mode, which was well advertised on the back of the box, then you made a huge mistake

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Dude, that wasn't even all one combo WTF??
You can't just do four 50% combos and call it a 200% combo, they are four seperate combos and can be blocked between each one