What's new

K&M Present - Getting Started: Doctor Fate

Thefish

One Drink, Two Drink, Three Drink.. More.
I seen on some gameplay on YouTube the trait get activated then they throw an interactable straight away. kinda looked like black Adams how it gets activated then you can press buttons straight after? Anyone seen or can clarify because if so that is beast as f**k

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
I seen on some gameplay on YouTube the trait get activated then they throw an interactable straight away. kinda looked like black Adams how it gets activated then you can press buttons straight after? Anyone seen or can clarify because if so that is beast as f**k
I'm assuming you're asking if his trait activation can be cancelled into a special? I've been wondering that as well, but I haven't seen it. The activation has really fast recovery, so you might have mistaken that for the trait activation being cancelled into a move.

Thefish

I'm assuming you're asking if his trait activation can be cancelled into a special? I've been wondering that as well, but I haven't seen it. The activation has really fast recovery, so you might have mistaken that for the trait activation being cancelled into a move.
Yeah pretty much, can it be canceled into specials, strings, etc.

What do you think? It's just after 50 secs into the video.

~Arsenal

Noob
Do you think Fate could trait mid combo like Superman? Like for example doing f2u3-->cancel to trait-->f2-->db2 mb etc. Or even just cancel trait straight to db2 if you can't cancel into strings from trait. That'd be dope and greatly capitalize his damage without having to use 2 bars.

Thefish

Do you think Fate could trait mid combo like Superman? Like for example doing f2u3-->cancel to trait-->f2-->db2 mb etc. Or even just cancel trait straight to db2 if you can't cancel into strings from trait. That'd be dope and greatly capitalize his damage without having to use 2 bars.
I hope so, I did see a video where it was cancelled into an interactable super fast (to me that's kind of promising) dont know about into strings or specials though. Fingers crossed.

~Arsenal

Noob
I hope so, I did see a video where it was cancelled into an interactable super fast (to me that's kind of promising) dont know about into strings or specials though. Fingers crossed.
Yeah I saw that and it does seem trait is able to cancel. If I'm midscreen I wouldn't think you'd want to set up trait to go in. I'd rather zone with increased projectile damage and threaten ankhs. Here's hoping trait is in fact cancellable

The Gabriel

Mean Man
Honestly the online vids do not do Dr. Fate justice. His animations, art direction, sfx, it's all just really great...stunning really. I don't know how strong he will be but just using him is a joy regardless.

~Arsenal

Noob
What I'm seeing all over twitter looks pretty damn good.
The cool thing about all these setups is that they're all pretty practical since you'll always want to have ankhs on standby and use trait often to capitalize damage both up close and zoning. I see Fate having a lot of options for many situations.

Thefish

The cool thing about all these setups is that they're all pretty practical since you'll always want to have ankhs on standby and use trait often to capitalize damage both up close and zoning. I see Fate having a lot of options for many situations.
Yeah man 100%!

Pretty sure aswel in that specific combo setup, after you grab then release the ankhs you can summon another 2 while he's bouncing and continue the combo then summon the 3rd on knockdown to get them all back. Absolutely hanging for this game!

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Sup guys!

Our latest addition to the "Getting Started" series is here. This time, we focus on Doctor Fate!

Once again, this was from a pre release build, and some things may not be final upon release.

Enjoy!

Sneakily edited/promoted by the Tortoise
In this video Dr. Fate's 2113 does no damage to himself.

In this build of the game...it does...why?