What's new

K&M Post-patch/Celtic Throwdown Tier List

xKMMx

Banned
Meta stands for most effective tactics available. Do you not think the most effective tactics are the top tier characters that most of the pros are using?
I think that characters tool sets obviously tie in. However "tactics" aren't strictly moves, or strings, or normal. Tactics is about implementation of tools and mind games.
So much of how a character fairs in the current meta of a game at any given time is not only about their tools on paper.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Meta stands for most effective tactics available. Do you not think the most effective tactics are the top tier characters that most of the pros are using?
The meta of a game refers to the ideas about how it's optimally played, and optimal play is always changing as our knowledge of the game develops. "Meta" characters are the ones who dictate the discussion of the game.

K&M's tier list ultimately read like a list of who's relevant in the competitive scene rather than who's actually strong. He was always saying "I see this character tearing it up in tournaments, I see things with this one that are good but I don't know how good they are in the long run" and stuff like that, while Rooflemonger was saying "This character has bad frames, this character has hitbox problems, this character has strong pressure". Theorizing about strength and relevance vs concrete facts about the characters. Look at how they place Kung Lao and their reasoning. "Foxy and Derpy are killing it with them" vs "This character has good mixups but he's limited" Neither way of thinking is wrong, though.

So I guess a better way to describe it would be "K&M's is about relevance, Rooflemonger's is about strength", but you're the bitch for starting an online debate about semantics. You're one step away from debating about Atheism.

JJParker

Noob
The meta of a game refers to the ideas about how it's optimally played, and optimal play is always changing as our knowledge of the game develops. "Meta" characters are the ones who dictate the discussion of the game.

K&M's tier list ultimately read like a list of who's relevant in the competitive scene rather than who's actually strong. He was always saying "I see this character tearing it up in tournaments, I see things with this one that are good but I don't know how good they are in the long run" and stuff like that, while Rooflemonger was saying "This character has bad frames, this character has hitbox problems, this character has strong pressure". Theorizing about strength and relevance vs concrete facts about the characters. Look at how they place Kung Lao and their reasoning. "Foxy and Derpy are killing it with them" vs "This character has good mixups but he's limited" Neither way of thinking is wrong, though.

So I guess a better way to describe it would be "K&M's is about relevance, Rooflemonger's is about strength", but you're the bitch for starting an online debate about semantics. You're one step away from debating about Atheism.
You got all that from what I said . I'm mearly pointing out that I believe the strength of the characters runs very closely to tournament results. For this reason I believe Mustards tier list is very close to what characters are capable of. I believe wherever the strong characters are is exactly where the meta is. They are the same thing.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
I love the twins but I think their Jax and Kabal placement (at least those two) are completely wrong.
And generally speaking, people are sleeping on Kabal.
I'm no pro player but his zoning, fatal blow and reach are off the charts.

Last edited:

xKMMx

Banned
I verify that I am evil canadian, longtime TYM poster.
So this comment on @ManiacFGC staus last week was ????

Evil CanadianWell since you just come out and ask me like that, Yes I am rooflemonger. Puddle into j2 I think is one of the more optimal corner combos but puddle scales the crap out of everything cause itself is a move that launches, and anything that can launch scales a combo super hard.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
So this comment on @ManiacFGC staus last week was ????

@Evil CanadianWell since you just come out and ask me like that, Yes I am rooflemonger. Puddle into j2 I think is one of the more optimal corner combos but puddle scales the crap out of everything cause itself is a move that launches, and anything that can launch scales a combo super hard.
I had a seizure please do not mock me for my illness