What's new

K&M Post-patch/Celtic Throwdown Tier List

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Just seen Jake post his new tier list on Twitter about 40m ago and I gotta say I like it. There are a few characters who I feel are misplaced but overall I think its a solid take on the roster after Patch.

He said he will be changing the lust after the next couple Majors to add results and reflect placements and new tech.

So iho everyone A and above are very good.

He also said Nightwolf is a soft placement until he becomes tourney legal. And will most likely change after we see him place in tournaments to come.

I wanna add that K&M have made very good Tier List's thus far and have done so without bias so I'm very happy they made one this soon. Take into consideration both if them are great players with many top 8's under their belt and are very well known in the community and are in contact with many top players today.
Its worth noting Ketchup replied to me saying their YouTube stream breakdown if TL is dropping soon!

Last edited:

LawAbidingCitizen

seems decent
Yeah I asked him about Shang, Scarlet and Liu Kang.
Shang I know is controversial and many mains feel he is bottom including my brother. I do feel he is still strong just not S tier strong. I feel he is about A Tier. But I'll wait for their breakdown.

Scarlet got so much stronger since last patch. She is incredibly strong Close, Footsie range and far and has tools to deal with anything and anti wakeup setups and many tools for pressure with amazing range.

Liu Kang the new Evil. I feel he is absolutely strong but I don't think he is #1 maybe Top 5-10. The main variation Luohan Quan received several nerfs notibly to his F3 which is where his most damage cones from and now its punishable and unsafe and no longer hitconfirmable into safety. The only buff he got in that variation was jailing but its worth noting he had all these tools prepatch. So I don't see the leap considering all the top tiers are very much still very good and should hold 1-5 in S Tier especially Sonya, Geras, Cetrion, Jacqui and Jax who are still very very good.

But I'm excited to hear there explanations when they drop their YouTube video.

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
So why is Scorpion so bad now? I'm not looking to start an argument i genuinely don't know why he's ruined now.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
I know I talk up Kollector more than most(which I find funny, cause in DBFZ I am known as a downplayer) but man I think even the average person has to know Kollector is at least better than the actual bad characters by now, right?
If we're talking K&M's tier list, I'd move him to between Johnny and Jade. Still bottom 10, but WELL within the "More than strong enough to compete" A tier.

LawAbidingCitizen

So why is Scorpion so bad now? I'm not looking to start an argument i genuinely don't know why he's ruined now.
Hes still good but not very good. His TP is a high so you can OS most of his moves and his F34 just resets neutral after the KB is gone so there isn't much to worry about. He us still solid but I imagine there won't be as many in upcoming majors

LawAbidingCitizen

And nobody puts their main as top tier
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't REO & Sonic put their main as top tiers?
Before the patch Sonic said Cassie was the best in the game and post patch he said Noob, Jax and Nightwolf where Top 5 and even had D'Vorah as A+.
REO has put Kabal and Erron in S Tier every Tier List he has made.
I think Tweedy also said his characters where A+ to S.

So far I think the only Tier List I know of that has their main very low is Wound Cowboy with Shang at bottom 5 when every other TL has him A or higher

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Before the patch Sonic said Cassie was the best in the game and post patch he said Noob, Jax and Nightwolf where Top 5 and even had D'Vorah as A+.

So far I think the only Tier List I know of that has their main very low is Wound Cowboy with Shang at bottom 5 when every other TL has him A or higher
Its also pretty much Wound's shtick to actively downplay his main 24/7, I'm almost certain he himself doesn't think Shang is bottom 5.

PeNNyw1ZE_TDC

Master level Noob
Seems good. But I don't know why people even debate these things, we saw Videogamezyo finish 4th with Shao Kahn. And people still debate tournament placings which makes no freaking sense.
He didn't just use Shao Kahn he used Jax for the matches he felt Shao couldn't win. That was part of Mustards reasoning because with characters in that tier you need a back up for certain matches they do poorly in.

kcd117

Noob
I’ve always been one to keep things real about my characters and try to focus on matchups instead of tools.

With that said, imo the Nightwolf placement feels right as he doesn’t seem to struggle against more than 3 characters and they are not really that popular so the chances of running into them in tourny are very low. Noob walks hand to hand with nightwolf but I do believe he is a tiny bit better due to his ridiculous anti air options and unbreakable dmg potential. Shang can’t be higher than mid tier as picking him against the majority of the characters that were put above and beside him in that tier list means you are fighting an uphill battle. Jade is also mid at best but the only reason for that is bc she’ll punish a point-blank fatal blow with the game-breaking 16% bnb... she literally loses matchups bc you give characters like Sub-Zero 7 chances to mix you, mess up and stay alive while he can kill you with 3 or 2.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara

A+ isn't top. Not taking shots I don't really care it's just something I noticed. I could be wrong but from what I have seen on the lists vs what I have seen played is a bit different. It could be a specific match up thing?

Last edited: