What's new

Just Built a Custom MK11 Cab - Game on Ladies and Gents

How much?
They go for about 5500 to 6k+ dependent on how blingy folks want it. They are are , cnc cut, hand built no kits, by me and only me :) Custom art that you help me design to coincide with your vision. This was a dream that i made a reality. Do it for fun as a hobby for serious collectors, gamers etc. Plus im a MK aholic myself so this one was fun to design and build. :)

These are my babies here:

And this is my Multigaming rig morpheus, upper and lower screens showcase the game and the characters.

My MK11 will have 43" 4k screen and a living marquee like the above. Now i'm just getting my ass busted online, but so much fun...

Yessir if that's MKFan from BYOAC, he spawned my MKX cab, I call him the originator for turning old MK cabs into works of art. He did MKX and an injustice if im not mistaken, the customer for this one actually reached out to him but he stopped getting the shells and building so i took on the challenge, and voila OP was what happened. :)

aj1701

Noob
Damn, that is so awesome. Nothing like a classic arcade cabinet. I imagine that took a lot of time and talent. keep it up!

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Incredible work dude, all of your cabinets (both the MK11 one and others that you showed) are all look so amazing. Huge kudos dude :)

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Nice.. I have a mame cab I made but my carpentry is pretty rank. I doubt it would stay standing long vs a fighting game frustrations!!! So i just bought a old cab form humtree and repurposed it for my MK2 machine.

This project is really cool, and I see in the pics that you are no stranger to cab-making lol

Why didn’t you use the standard mk layout for controls.
You mean this?

Bro, this game is so hard to play like this, i argued this point with a few people. Have you tried it, it really sucks. Plus you ruin your chances of playing any other fighter game on the cab. KI, Tekken, SF etc. Yes thats the stock look, but I'd only do that if the client asked for a dedicated cab MK1 - Ultimate. Plus i have desire to contort my hands for 2 button presses because MK9 on uses 8 buttons on the stick not 5.

Last edited:
Weird default button layout
That was being done pre stress test, thats easily reprinted and changed. As I've been playing the beta, i've changed my default layout like 4 different times to see which feel better. It's just for reference and the client wanted it before the beta dropped so he left as is but will probably install a revised version once he gets his personal layout dertermined.

MK9

Noob
Yes I play on the umk3 layout, easiest layout to use.

Run is meter
1 + 3 throw
3 + 4 escapes
3 + blk + 4 fatal blow

Reactions: JRF
Yes I play on the umk3 layout, easiest layout to use.

Run is meter
1 + 3 throw
3 + 4 escapes
3 + blk + 4 fatal blow
I wouldn't say easiest, but it is preference and what your comfortable with. As your displaying above, lots of finger contorting to get those presses. In my layout, i have 1 button to hit for throw and 2 to hit for fatal blow.

Also once again, you ruin any chance of playing any other fighters if you go with the layout, these cabs are themed not dedicated, so you don't want to waste it with a static layout. I've seen pro-fighters use this 8 button layout as well, so it's not unheard of.

I'm able to pull off the same level of combos as some of the elite players no issue. Now say if someone says hay i need and want that layout no issue.

So honestly no right or wrong answer, still fun either way :)

To put this in better perspective, i had thousands of people play the MKX cab last weekend at a festival, not one soul asked me about the old MK layout. :)

MK9

Noob
Any old skool player would not use that layout, kids today don’t even no want an arcade cabinet is

Reactions: JRF