What's new

[JUNE 22-23] MIDWEST CHAMPIONSHIPS 20TH... (antioch, TN)

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
So who all is staying Friday night and around what time are they showing up? Cuz I say we have a lil get together and just hang, play some games and shit! :)

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech
Just a last minute reminder for MWC:

1. The tournaments will start on time or 15 minutes after scheduled start time only if we are running late. If you are late entering/not at your matches when called, you will be disqualified or go into losers' bracket. LISTEN for your name, and PAY ATTENTION. If you are called whoever knows you will need to get you; we are not chasing/waiting for anyone. If a tournament starts at 2pm and you are out getting food, don't be surprised if you are called and wonder why you are in the loser's bracket.

2. Any "side" tournaments can not be on the main tournament area. Most of the stations are going to be running tournaments but we will move as quickly as possible so more casual stations will open up during tournaments. We can not "guarantee" a side tournament for anyone. There is one setup on the other side of the arcade that can be used for that if you want. BYOC or game(s), etc. We will be too busy to be involved.

3. Please ask Richard Smith of any questions you may have during the tournament. Jason is very busy and the more interruptions he has the slower the tournament will go.
4. Sharing sticks can be a cause for disqualification. Don't get caught up forgetting to bring your own stick/pad. If you bring a wireless pad for ANY system you MUST turn it off IMMEDIATELY after leaving your match.

5. Get practice on the TVS there BEFORE you play. We use standard ASUS EVO monitors, a Sony Trinitron CRT, and a VewLix Arcade System for our tournaments. These do not have lag. The Vewlix is a commercial grade high end Japanese cabinet. This is EXACTLY the cabinet played on in Japan for SSF4AE. I do not want to hear that you "can't get your plinks out" on a CRT because you are used to the timing on ASUS. Get accustomed to the timing FAST if need be. If you request ASUS we can do that but request it FIRST.

6. If you think you are scheduled to play one of your local area buddies early that you drove 10 hours with, TELL US FIRST BEFORE YOU PLAY. We do float based on region. We float randomly if this occurs. We seed based on skill/region.

7. This is a smaller venue than what you are used to, so it will be packed and exciting at the same time. Play the arcade games if you get bored, don't crowd the areas if you don't have to. We purposely designed this with the "cramped arcade" in mind with all of these pinballs/arcades to play while you wait for matches.

We are going to do the best we can with our venue. We have 10-12 setups and 8 of these will be for tournament play throughout the days, but there are non ASUS casual setups and plenty of games to play in the arcade throughout the 2 days. We hope everyone has a good time and look forward to seeing everyone, but please adhere to our rules to make it a more enjoyable environment for everyone.

Thanks!

and from Panda:

I'd like to add something to this in regards to the stream equipment. I'll be bringing lots of expensive streaming gear with LOTS of cords and cables scattered about. PLEASE refrain from standing near the stream station if possible. It's extremely stressful when someone knocks something over or unplugs a cable because they were too close to certain equipment. I'll have an area designated for commentators and stream techs ONLY. Please respect my equipment because I've had instances where people have ripped/unplugged things on accident which directly effected the broadcast. I hope you guys understand. Don't be afraid to talk to me though, I'm just very cautious when it comes to my stuff! Thanks guys, see you all there this weekend!

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech

Results for MWC Injustice tournament:

1 GGA 16-bit
2 Pig of the Hutt
3 GGA Han
4 I'm Nooby Sauce
5 Snoopy
5 AK RTD
7 Arson
7 Zicdehh
9 Graham