What's new

[JUNE 22-23] MIDWEST CHAMPIONSHIPS 20TH... (antioch, TN)

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech

We will be celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Midwest Championships this year at Game Galaxy Arcade! Come out for this 2 day event and show some love for the scene, as well as play big to win big!

Costs:
$20 cover charge for your first tournament. $10 per tournament entry fee.

Your cover charge also nets you free play all day on our arcade and pinball machines!

Your tournament crew:
Streaming-Panda Bur

Jason “DreamTR” Wilson
Richard “SlowJamzMixTape” Smith
Chris “Negro Justice” Brown
Brandon “GoldenOreos” Brocius
Ian (Vandy) -Tekken
Jonathan “Milln” Conaway

Your tournament security:
“Beat-em-up” (6’2, 400 pounds)

5346 Hickory Hollow Parkway (across from Freeland Chevrolet, in the same shopping center as the barbershop, 360 burger, and Li-en Nails)
Antioch, TN 37013
(615) 678-4599

Rules:
Please note the ONLY items allowed for use in the tournament are unmodified pads and standard joysticks. Hitboxes, or “stickless sticks” which use buttons for movement WILL be allowed in this tourney. Turbo is not allowed in any tournament. If you have a question about a specific stick/pad to use, please contact us.

You must be on time. If you are not on time and REGISTERED before each tournament and want to enter late you will be charged an additional $10 IF we have room to place you in the bracket. Arriving late? Have friends SIGN YOU UP and PAY FOR YOUR ENTRY FEES/COVER CHARGES.

Payout:
60/25/10/5 split for Top 4 spots in all games FOR SATURDAY (Sunday payouts TBA)

POT BONUSES!
$500 TO 1ST PLACE IN SFAE2012
$200 TO 1ST PLACE IN TEKKEN TAG 2
$200 to 1st Place in INJUSTICE

Schedule:
Saturday June 22nd, 2013
11am-Signups
12pm-Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition 2012 (360)
2pm-Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3)
5pm-Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 (360)
7pm-INJUSTICE (360)

Sunday June 23rd, 2013
11am-Signups
??-Guilty Gear AC+ (360)
??-Persona 4 Arena
??-Mystery tournament
Super Smash Bros. Melee is TBA

Any questions, comments, or suggestions? Please feel free to contact us and ask.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Goddammit! I wanna go, but I'll get killed for trying to go!

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
Wanna talk about car pool? :D
This could very well be in the cards. Let me talk to the GGA guys first, to see who from there is driving down. We might be able to car pool with them if they had the extra space. Otherwise, maybe you could just drive down here to Noblesville and we can leave from my house. One of my friends here is picking up Injustice and is going to try and get into the tournament scene, so he may also want to come with us.

Long story short: let's visit this topic again here in about six weeks or so....lol

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech
im sure we could do MK9 but we need people to come out for it. no one here really plays mk9 and the last tourney we had with mk9 in it didnt have a great turnout and was basically a waste of time for people that came. we have it here so its not like u cant do like MM's etc

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
This could very well be in the cards. Let me talk to the GGA guys first, to see who from there is driving down. We might be able to car pool with them if they had the extra space. Otherwise, maybe you could just drive down here to Noblesville and we can leave from my house. One of my friends here is picking up Injustice and is going to try and get into the tournament scene, so he may also want to come with us.

Long story short: let's visit this topic again here in about six weeks or so....lol
Goldfish Hell, if you want, you can just plan on coming down to my house anyway on the morning that we head down there. Either we meet up with someone with GGA that's also heading down there or we just take off from my place (with maybe others from my local Indy scene who might want to tag along).

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech
added the flyer, if anyone has any questions about anything let me know and ill try and help u out as much as possible

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech
3 syllables.

Fiancee. :(
ahhh man that sux, u can always just bribe her lol. also when u come down here for the tourney (goes for everyone) u get to play all the pinball and arcade games aswell, everything is on free play. so u can maybe smooth talk her to play free games or something lol

Omgomgomgomg I wanna go. Def far enough away I can save and take off for this, while giving myself time to practice everything and not forget shit! AHHHHH. Anyone driving through MO?

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech
When would mK be?
we arent running MK9 but im sure if there are enough people interested it could happen. the reason why MK isnt being ran is due to every time we have one alot of people say yea we will be there its going to awesome etc and no one shows up and its just a waste of time. if you think there will be enough people interested that will be attending im sure running mk wouldnt be a problem

Just to make sure we are all on the same page here based on inquiries:

1. The time for Injustice has been set in stone for a long time. We are not changing the time for specific players. Please do not ask.

Last year people complained about MK being on a Friday and now I hear rumbling of complaints for Saturday as well. Not all MK/Injustice tournaments can be at 2:21pm with a 39 minute grace period for late players. =)

2. "No Name Arcade with few setups" will already have a full stream from Panda Bur for Injustice. We will try and be finished as soon as possible.

3. Injustice is on 360, we are not changing it to PS3.

4. There is an extra $200 added for the 1st place winner only in addition to the top 4 earnings split.

5. There is no MK tournament. We do not have a scene supported for MK in Middle Tennessee. If there is an open setup and time someone is more than welcome to run a side tournament.

Looking forward to seeing some of you guys there, good luck to everyone in Injustice and no I am not salting the place up. LOL =D