What's new

Video/Tutorial Joker's Block Infinite Breakdown

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
So, what you're telling me is..... There's a character in this game with a block infinite that when disrespected leads to a corner reset death trap?

By the way, this post was EXQUISITELY explained. You're a natural at explaining this. To the point, without stuttering or stammering, and detailed when necessary. I hope to see more. You should consider being a teacher.

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

Joker just essentially acquired his own Earth Shake provided he has the meter?

Not worried about it. Mine's meterless. :p

Nice find, however.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
@StevoSuprem0 You might want to add this sir!

So if you put this infinite to work in the corner, just from one repetition, the next standing 2 can be canceled into a F3 Bounce Cancel. This creates "The Joker Earthshaker". The Low teeth explode just a few frame before the Overhead hits.

Someone will likely not be ready to escape the infinite immediately, so you'll get your one repetition. And then you've got a great chance of launching them into your corner death setups.

But the beautiful thing is that if your timing is really good on your infinite, and you're getting the standing 2 out as quick as possible, the F3 cancel actually hits BEFORE the teeth, changing the mixup to Overhead then Low. So this is something you can control by changing the timing of your 2.

Sometimes the computer (who can block it, so it's technically not unblockable) is being hit so closely, like 1 frame apart, to where you'll see the opponent crouching AS both the overhead and low are hitting them. (not featured in the video).
*** in the video I said 2 F3 is Low/Ov, and 1 F3 is Ov/Low. The 1 can be ducked. But what I found is that 2, inputted right in the frames you need it to be the infinite, caused the F3/teeth to hit Overhead low. And delaying it just a couple frames, will cause Low/Overhead. You get to choose!

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!

So if you put this infinite to work in the corner, just from one repetition, the next standing 2 can be canceled into a F3 Bounce Cancel. This creates "The Joker Earthshaker". The Low teeth explode just a few frame before the Overhead hits.

Someone will likely not be ready to escape the infinite immediately, so you'll get your one repetition. And then you've got a great chance of launching them into your corner death setups.

But the beautiful thing is that if your timing is really good on your infinite, and you're getting the standing 2 out as quick as possible, the F3 cancel actually hits BEFORE the teeth, changing the mixup to Overhead then Low.

Sometimes the computer (who can block it, so it's technically not unblockable) is being hit so closely, like 1 frame apart, to where you'll see the opponent crouching AS both the overhead and low are hitting them. (not featured in the video).
Apparently the game has "unblockable prevention" mechanics. That is to say if an opponent is hit with both an overhead and a low on the exact same frame you can block either way and it'll block both. That explains why they sometimes appear to be ducking as the overhead hits.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Apparently the game has "unblockable prevention" mechanics. That is to say if an opponent is hit with both an overhead and a low on the exact same frame you can block either way and it'll block both. That explains why they sometimes appear to be ducking as the overhead hits.
You can time this anyway you like to hit low/overhead or overhead/low because they'll respect your first repetition of 2 1. So 2 F3 cancel on the infinite's frames, or slightly delayed, will give Joker a mixup of Earthshaker or Reverse Earthshaker, and you won't know what's coming.

The biggest deal of this is that this isn't some situation where Joker happens to get next to you when you're on teeth. In this, he know the exact timing of how to hit you with whatever mixup he wants because the canceled normal is coming off of a string cancelled into teeth, and not just some random teeth that could go off at the wrong time. I think this is nuts.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.

But the beautiful thing is that if your timing is really good on your infinite, and you're getting the standing 2 out as quick as possible, the F3 cancel actually hits BEFORE the teeth, changing the mixup to Overhead then Low. So this is something you can control by changing the timing of your 2.

*** in the video I said 2 F3 is Low/Ov, and 1 F3 is Ov/Low. The 1 can be ducked. But what I found is that 2, inputted right in the frames you need it to be the infinite, caused the F3/teeth to hit Overhead low. And delaying it just a couple frames, will cause Low/Overhead. You get to choose!
That is pretty handy. We have a bunch of ways to produce similar situations in the corner already (I have a guide video forthcoming when I finish all the editing), but that's a pretty niffty way to do it out of this infinite stuff if you have the meter. Since this is an infinite and all against most characters, I would probably air on the side of letting them try to make the mistake of trying to get out and then put them into something like this or at least doing solid damage without spending 2 bars, but this could be really good against some of the people that can get out :)

StevoSuprem0

You said jumps lose out, but did you test with stuff like IA (martian j.1, for example)?
Hmmm, I didn't but I'm almost positive they don't come out faster than 4-5 frames, right? That is when the first hit of 21 connects, so they would have to beat that out. Even trading in that situation will get you launched into a combo and setup opportunities I believe.

Cry again and they'll nerf the never used joker to complete shit ... the fact that you have to set this up and you can get out in multiple ways ( i counted atleast 5 ) , i believe it should remain in the game ..kabals nomad dash was 3447x's worse than this !

StevoSuprem0

Cry again and they'll nerf the never used joker to complete shit ... the fact that you have to set this up and you can get out in multiple ways ( i counted atleast 5 ) , i believe it should remain in the game ..kabals nomad dash was 3447x's worse than this !
I don't think the travesties that were allowed to stay in MK9 are a good template for what should stay in this game. I'm no fan of infinites, but the systems set in this game (pushblock and such) are designed as a failsafe for when things like this arise. The difficulty in landing this is potentially a reason from this to be allowed to stay, but as a Joker main, I really don't think he needs it. His corner game is plenty dangerous without it and it doesn't do anything to help in some of the other areas he lacks.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I don't think the travesties that were allowed to stay in MK9 are a good template for what should stay in this game. I'm no fan of infinites, but the systems set in this game (pushblock and such) are designed as a failsafe for when things like this arise. The difficulty in landing this is potentially a reason from this to be allowed to stay, but as a Joker main, I really don't think he needs it. His corner game is plenty dangerous without it and it doesn't do anything to help in some of the other areas he lacks.
NO, NO, NOMAD DASH CANCELS!

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
This should not stay because it is difficult, it should stay because he legitimately needs it, before it happens theres a 3 way mixup from most teeth setups and a 50/50 after the crowbar. It can also be pushblocked for one bar.