What's new

Joker General Discussion Thread

Zviko

Noob
You are correct in stating that this thread is General Discussion for Joker. However it's general in terms of players, who use Joker, to discuss the character in order to develop it, while learning his strengths and weaknesses and not focusing on a particular aspect of the character, like a specific Variation for example.
Is that a rule? I haven't seen it as a rule anywhere. General to me means literally everything about the character and he did talk about him as a character IN GAME and how he doesn't like anything about him. How is that not on topic?

You have people open different threads about literally what you said here for every other character, including Joker. I guess all of those threads are duplicates then and can be closed?

Zviko

Noob
It didn't add anything of value to The Joker gameplay-wise, which is the purpose of this thread, correct?
No, it didn't add anything gameplay wise because it doesn't have to and no it's not the purpose of this thread. It doesn't say general gameplay discussion. It's just general discussion about the character.

If anything is off topic it's this argument which you started.

DeftMonk

Noob
thats a pretty hard read assuming homeboy is gonna go for a grab. If the timer on db3 was like 1 sec longer and u can initiate the grab urself....man that would be so broke. Id trade all his strings except 21 for that. Just 21 string and the ability to combo off a grab lol.

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
thats a pretty hard read assuming homeboy is gonna go for a grab. If the timer on db3 was like 1 sec longer and u can initiate the grab urself....man that would be so broke. Id trade all his strings except 21 for that. Just 21 string and the ability to combo off a grab lol.
Yes, this is just something I've been thinking about and posted here to share. Trying to find some grab setups, like Subs, but the recovery is too big.

DeftMonk

Noob
I mean thats one good thing about db 3 setups. If they wake up or do nothing they eat it. If they block, you have + frames. If they roll... just throw on reaction or 121 launch. If they run up and u did close db3 I suppose you could just hold block and hope hes dumb enough to throw lol

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I see a lot of Joker players use EX bf1 a lot in neutral. Is there an advantage to using this over Ex bf4? I rarely see the former hit, and I love bf4 because it lets you chase them down behind it. Am I missing something?

Zviko

Noob
I see a lot of Joker players use EX bf1 a lot in neutral. Is there an advantage to using this over Ex bf4? I rarely see the former hit, and I love bf4 because it lets you chase them down behind it. Am I missing something?
BF1amp gets you a combo, BF4amp doesn't. BF4 is more of a defensive, anti zoning tool while BF1 is the opposite, when you are doing the zoning. With well timed jump you can even jump over BF4 but you can't over BF1.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
BF1amp gets you a combo, BF4amp doesn't. BF4 is more of a defensive, anti zoning tool while BF1 is the opposite, when you are doing the zoning. With well timed jump you can even jump over BF4 but you can't over BF1.
It seems to completely whiff on crouching opponent tho, which is what most people do when you're zoning them. bf4 forces them to either sit and take that mid chip, or try to act. And since it travels so slow Joker has the ability to answer, especially if they try to jump over it.

Zviko

Noob
It seems to completely whiff on crouching opponent tho, which is what most people do when you're zoning them. bf4 forces them to either sit and take that mid chip, or try to act. And since it travels so slow Joker has the ability to answer, especially if they try to jump over it.
Yeah but it's more like what if they jump or try to counter zone. That's when you get a huge pop up with BF1. That's why sometimes holding the puppet out for a while works too. I imagine you can troll a lot with V1 cause it gets a parry as well.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Yeah but it's more like what if they jump or try to counter zone. That's when you get a huge pop up with BF1. That's why sometimes holding the puppet out for a while works too. I imagine you can troll a lot with V1 cause it gets a parry as well.
I take it upon myself to destroy the Joker every time he has the audacity to pull that puppet out (and especially if he holds it).

There are few things more infuriating than somebody holding a toy out and waiting for you to move. It’s almost like a taunt :p

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah

This is the shit I'm talking about. Just feels like this move is too unreliable.

Zviko

Noob

This is the shit I'm talking about. Just feels like this move is too unreliable.
Yes but will you as the opponent gamble with that missing considering he gets a huge combo from it? Maybe you can learn the exact distance where you are safe and where not but so can the Joker player. Either way, you are still not allowed to move and you only get projectile for a punish. And depending on animation, even that might get hit.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Yes but will you as the opponent gamble with that missing considering he gets a huge combo from it? Maybe you can learn the exact distance where you are safe and where not but so can the Joker player. Either way, you are still not allowed to move and you only get projectile for a punish. And depending on animation, even that might get hit.
The idea isn't that the opponent is some galaxy brain who will immediately react to your missile and know where to stand, but that it could happen at a point where you would've at least traded, but instead you get hit for free and lose meter for it.

You can punish Joker F212 with 21 in a mirror match. It's really game changing. The timing is a bit strict but with practice it's a lot easier. I can pull it off 70% of times.