What's new

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle discussion

Yojimzo

One of many Bat-Breakers.
Yeah, digital download only in the US, also, from what I hear, now this could be wrong, but US and Japanese copies can't play with one another, if so, looks like I'll need to rebuy this and all the dlc in english. *FeelsBadMan*

Also, if the changes stay, Pucci doesn't need to be knocked down to drop the disk, just gotta hit him with any attack now. Though for people incredibly reliant on their stands, it'll still be a pain.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
So I've been playing this game for about a week, and I've been loving it. I just wish all the dlc would be available. Also kinda emo that I preordered off Amazon instead of Namco, cuz now I'm missing out on Kira until he's available on the store. DIO and Joseph are hella fun, as are a few other characters.

Yeah, I've been checking that site out as well whenever I feel like trying to learn another character. All the characters are really awesome and fun to play as, even the characters I don't like, like Koichi and ACDC. I think I've had at least 7 mark out moments playing this game, like stopping time as Jotaro when DIO stops time (not the GHA cinematic we've all seen before, I mean just inputting time stop as Jotaro during Dio's), doing Diavolo's counter while wearing his silhouette costume and initiating my first Stand clash mini-game. This game is probably my favorite anime fighter so far.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
ACDC is mad fun, but like... not super viable.
Wham is basically superman, complete with the 5 trillion taunts and 2 more costumes than a lot of the cast. Stale but really good.
Kars would be amazing if his gimp mask didn't take so long, as his mode were better. :(

RM Truth

ACDC is mad fun, but like... not super viable.
Wham is basically superman, complete with the 5 trillion taunts and 2 more costumes than a lot of the cast. Stale but really good.
Kars would be amazing if his gimp mask didn't take so long, as his mode were better. :(
You can get a guaranteed GHA if you end a combo with the super kick as long as you're not close to a wall.

Yojimzo

You misunderstand. By no means is ACDC bad, just not incredibly damaging. You'll still have to enjoy blocking 50 years of frame-traps.
I know, I was just messing. No one in the game is exactly bad, well maybe Rohan, where the idea is sound, but in execution, not so much.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I know, I was just messing. No one in the game is exactly bad, well maybe Rohan, where the idea is sound, but in execution, not so much.
Rohan actually isn't too bad once you get Safety Lock on.
I'd say the worst is probably... Like Akira. He is pretty terribad

Yojimzo

Rohan actually isn't too bad once you get Safety Lock on.
I'd say the worst is probably... Like Akira. He is pretty terribad
Eh, if the opponent closes the distance then yeah, but his zoning's one of the best, i'd say.

Isn't Mista one of the better characters in general due to awesome chip/guard crushing ability with his zoning AND having a really good up-close game?

RM Truth

Isn't Mista one of the better characters in general due to awesome chip/guard crushing ability with his zoning AND having a really good up-close game?
Mista is mostly good for his keepaway and the fact that if he touches you he can do 400+ dmg for minimal meter. However his normals are kinda ass.

RM Truth

You misunderstand. By no means is ACDC bad, just not incredibly damaging. You'll still have to enjoy blocking 50 years of frame-traps.
His damage isn't that bad. You just need to make use of his mode a lot. LMH xx mode cancel LM2H xx 236H FC dash LMH Lava spit repeat does some good damage.

RM Truth

My god Wham's damage is ridiculous. You can hit around 600 dmg for like 1.5 bars.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
His damage isn't that bad. You just need to make use of his mode a lot. LMH xx mode cancel LM2H xx 236H FC dash LMH Lava spit repeat does some good damage.
His mode is okay, not great. Like compared to some characters, its pretty sub-par for its cost. You get like 600 for basically 3 bars, and that kinda sucks. Though you could get more if you are decent enough to keep them trapped and get into mode 2 since it drains in proximity and his lava blood's extra shot helps a lot for locking them in.

Something I'm looking at

512 not counting the front half of the combo or the drain which by itself does about an additional 200 damage in the time span, just from pull LMHxx214M LMH-super.

turns out in the 1st mode, you can cancel the pull with 2nd mode and still land a combo plus the ignite damage, and it gets rid of the scaling somehow. Also no matter how little meter you have, you can still use his HHA, so I mean it lets me get some huge damage in the end of it all.
Only problem is landing the pull itself, but its not actually that hard in some situations. If the opponent jabs you inbetween something like say LMHS LMHxx214M you can actually do the trap and the hitstun has a chance of hitconfirming into it. Once you do that, you pop into the next mode and collect your like... 700 damage.

Last edited:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
My god Wham's damage is ridiculous. You can hit around 600 dmg for like 1.5 bars.
Dude, I just found something with ACDC.
When he is in mode, any lava blood that lands on a juggled opponent will launch them stupid high. Like I just did LMH-4H-Lava blood on a walled opponent and then juggled doing j.H LMxx214M over and over again. Gives good meter to boot.

Heck I just did a 700 damage combo using just that.

Last edited:

RM Truth

Dude, I just found something with ACDC.
When he is in mode, any lava blood that lands on a juggled opponent will launch them stupid high. Like I just did LMH-4H-Lava blood on a walled opponent and then juggled doing j.H LMxx214M over and over again. Gives good meter to boot.

Heck I just did a 700 damage combo using just that.
Yeah, his main loop is that in heat mode. It used to do even more prepatch. Did you flash cancel it?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Yeah, his main loop is that in heat mode. It used to do even more prepatch. Did you flash cancel it?
No, I don't need to.
It launches them high enough on its own.

Also main loop? I've never heard or seen anyone use it, considering its wall-only.

RM Truth

No, I don't need to.
It launches them high enough on its own.

Also main loop? I've never heard or seen anyone use it, considering its wall-only.
There's a youtube video of it. I think you need to flash cancel it if you want to do it midscreen.