What's new

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle discussion

Yojimzo

One of many Bat-Breakers.
Because we need one of these since it's coming out in a month and a half.
Opinions on the league matches so far. Go.

Guess i should add, skip to about 3 minutes in for the fight tidbits.

RebelzPlague

I like to think I'm good.
I know I'm super hyped for it. I love jojo's, and I'm trying to save up to import the special edition.

Anyway, these league matches are interesting, I feel that the best part of it really is that it shows the hud, since that kinda makes it clear as to how they put everyone's abilities in the game. I have been noticing how little damage everything does at this point, but I hope that's just something for the exhibitions, to give the cpu's a chance to show off more stuff.

Are we gonna talk about which characters we're hyped about too?

RebelzPlague

Can if you like, Looking forward to Joseph, Kira, and Okuyasu myself, mainly Joseph though.
Then I will. Because I'm really looking forward to both Josukes, both Dios, Bruno, Jolyne, Johnny, and Kira. But I'll give everyone else a shot too.

I'm obviously looking forward to playing as Ceasar Zeppeli, Joseph Joestar, and Phantom Blood Dio the most. I will also give the other Jojo's/characters a chance.

Where are you guys importing the game at? I'd look for sites that have it available but I'm a lazy bastard so =p

I'll post the full matches of the previews we got today when they release~

Yojimzo

I'm obviously looking forward to playing as Ceasar Zeppeli, Joseph Joestar, and Phantom Blood Dio the most. I will also give the other Jojo's/characters a chance.

Where are you guys importing the game at? I'd look for sites that have it available but I'm a lazy bastard so =p

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=BLJS-10217
Boop. And since it's still First Press, you'll get the Kira code as well.

RebelzPlague

I'm looking at play-asia.com, since it seems to be the cheapest, not by much, but still.

Yojimzo

I'm looking at play-asia.com, since it seems to be the cheapest, not by much, but still.
Normally I go play-asia, but this time Im going with the link I gave since it's a guaranteed first press.
And also, because I've been doing my best to resist posting this until it was in this topic.
Makes me cry every damn time.

RebelzPlague

Normally I go play-asia, but this time Im going with the link I gave since it's a guaranteed first press.
And also, because I've been doing my best to resist posting this until it was in this topic.

All right, whatever you must do. I only really recommended play-asia because the cheaper price helps since I'm after the Special/Limited Edition.

Also, anyone else looking to snag the special edition with all those bonuses? It looks pretty great.

And a side note to anyone who watched the Battle League. Did you see that Cars is holding up his middle finger? I know it doesn't mean anything in Japan, but I still find it funny.

Yojimzo

And a side note to anyone who watched the Battle League. Did you see that Cars is holding up his middle finger? I know it doesn't mean anything in Japan, but I still find it funny.
If you're talking about his intro animation, I think he's putting his thumb and middle finger up to his head as a kind of taunt/ focusing thing.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I'm a huuuuuuuge jojo's fan.

So many characters I have no idea who I'm going to play. I'm a big Jolyne fan though.

RebelzPlague

If you're talking about his intro animation, I think he's putting his thumb and middle finger up to his head as a kind of taunt/ focusing thing.

No, not his intro animation, like his character select picture. In the league battle, the nearest instance is about 4:30 in, his lower hand looks like it.

Yojimzo

No, not his intro animation, like his character select picture. In the league battle, the nearest instance is about 4:30 in, his lower hand looks like it.
Yeah I see it now, I dont think it means anything, just there to look Fabulous.

RebelzPlague

Yeah I see it now, I dont think it means anything, just there to look Fabulous.

Just how Jojo's works. Everything is to be fabulous.

So, since they never really explained what each character does, anyone wanna share observations/speculations about the characters?

Yojimzo

Well lets see, there's quite a few,
Joseph's attacks get stronger as you chain ripple attacks together, also has a counter taunt of "Next you're gonna say X" that builds it too.
Pucci has the three forms of his stand, one requires just getting through a certain special, the other is only through his GHA like Giorno was.
Mista can set his stand around for redirecting bullets.
Gyro looks like he has some rediculous set-ups with balls.
There's more but this is all I remember currently.

Yojimzo

Good news everyone! Full video for the group E and F fights... Poor Joseph, why was his AI so shit.
Upon fully watching this it seem's Josephs Bandanna meter acts differently then I thought, still builds after the counter taunt, but dunno what else builds it.
After watching it some more, yes I have a lot of spare time, seems it builds after any of his counters, assuming they hit.

RebelzPlague

I've noticed something about a few of the cast.
Gyro seems like he can pick up corpse parts too, so I wonder what he can do with those.
Hermes has her sticker limit, and apparently she can use them for a damage boost.
Johnny has his fingernail bullets, and he can drink his tea to make them come back faster.
That's all I got, anyone else.

Yojimzo

This topic needs more posters...
It also needs more Joseph, but thats easy enough.
Cracker volley's. Cracker volley's everywhere... Yes I'm slightly bored, but this did need bumped.

RoGE

Noob
I'm not getting it but I am hyped for this game.

The anime was hilariously epic and I can't wait for them to do another season of it.