What's new

Johnny's F3 is pokeable every time on crouch block.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
If I made a thread that says, "Actually, you can NOT poke out of F3.", do you think I have enough credibility to be believed and cause my own forum eruption? :)

Reactions: CJF

Theme

Noob
sheeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit from my personal experience you either sit there and respect the shit cage does to ya or you take chances
You take chances by poking at him. You have to guess what he is going to do next. The best time to poke, from what my friend did so far is after I finish the F3,3 string. That usually gets me, unless I block the poke and gain advantage and continue my pressure. Its a timing and guessing game in which you have to play right

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Probably -.- lol
ooooooohhhhhh, its like having my finger on the trigger of a bomb... Just make a video and rig it to show the results I wanted, and be like 'this is mayo here. confirming that you can not poke out. i tested this by blah blah blah blah blah." BAM! 1,000 replies! The power...the.........power.....

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL People thought this was a block infinite? Silly willy's.

It still has huge priority, and is still fucking stupid though.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL People thought this was a block infinite? Silly willy's.

It still has huge priority, and is still fucking stupid though.
Exactly, trying to poke out of f3,f3,f3 pressure is equivalent to saying: here, let me put my testicles in this vice and hand the lever over to you, the Cage player. You have to wait for Cage to start commiting to f33/f33b3/f32 and if he doesn't start commiting, you have to switch from crouch block to standing block on the next f3 and jump out afterwards. After a blocked f33, you don't even have to poke Cage, you can just stand up and full combo him if he goes for anything elseand if you read he was going to stop at f33 because he was trying to hitconfirm into nutpunch.

It's very hard to maintain this sort of composure when Cage is doing all sorts of nonsense with d3's mixed in, too, though. It's just a massive guess. At least understand your options properly, though. I promise you, you will get blown up more often than not for trying to poke after the first f3. Putting your lifebar on the line to land a poke after a move that has multiple follow ups, each of which either killing you or putting you back in the exact same situation you couldn't afford to be in in the first place.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I Need to Try Skarlets F+4 against this famous F+3, she is 4 frames slower, but she has longer reach
12 frame move vs a 9 frame...good luck? :) she has both 6 and 7 frame pokes, use them.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

Exactly, trying to poke out of f3,f3,f3 pressure is equivalent to saying: here, let me put my testicles in this vice and hand the lever over to you, the Cage player. You have to wait for Cage to start commiting to f33/f33b3/f32 and if he doesn't start commiting, you have to switch from crouch block to standing block on the next f3 and jump out afterwards. After a blocked f33, you don't even have to poke Cage, you can just stand up and full combo him if he goes for anything elseand if you read he was going to stop at f33 because he was trying to hitconfirm into nutpunch.

It's very hard to maintain this sort of composure when Cage is doing all sorts of nonsense with d3's mixed in, too, though. It's just a massive guess. At least understand your options properly, though. I promise you, you will get blown up more often than not for trying to poke after the first f3. Putting your lifebar on the line to land a poke after a move that has multiple follow ups, each of which either killing you or putting you back in the exact same situation you couldn't afford to be in in the first place.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Hold on...hold on.

Yes, in theory you absolutely can, but it really isn't that simple.

You have to understand, with the current way Cage is being played, Cage players are ''aloud'' to throw out Random non hit confirmed block strings in ''rushdown'' whilst all the while pretending that they are thinking about what they are doing for even a single second, with such brain-dead nonsense as, 11, F3, 21, D3, F33 :ex, F3, 11, F32...And people will always get away with that stupid shit because the F3 is 0 on block, and has follow ups you have to respect.

You can't just see a F3 and start poking, it is not as simple as that, considering, most pokes in this game are 7 frames (d3) that gives you 2 frames to react before another random F3 (which is a high crush) runs over you again and you are then you are at -3.

Because of all Cage's options after a F3 are plenty, (F32, F33, F33B3) you run a heavy risk of trying to poke out at all F3 oppourtunitys, so it can be and has been exploited in his ''rushdown'' game to look this JIP 11F1 F3, 21, F33:ex Balls, F3, F32...

The only option you have against cage, (and kabal for that matter) is to go way out on a limb, and let everything ride on a guess that Cage will do a single F3, and instead of doing D1 when he is at 0, just go for a standing block string (if it starts fast enough). Of course Cage can always just decide to do F3, D3, and that will give him his advantage again if it beats your standing normal, or sit like a dickhead waiting for a random D3. (DOES NOT APPLY TO SAFE ARMOURED MOVE CHARACTERS or KUNG LAO)

That's...How...Johnny...C...Doooooo.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
12 frame move vs a 9 frame...good luck? :) she has both 6 and 7 frame pokes, use them.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
Yeah, i do use pokes a lot, its my type of game with almost all cast ^^ i was considering the distance between them as well

The point of the thread isn't to try and tell people that F3 is a shitty pressure tool. The point of this thread is to spread awareness that F3 essentially gains nothing from random advantage. But since people think it's smart to jump out of cage's pressure, maybe we're wrong.

I'm gonna go off topic here. Let's examine the argument of jumping vs poking. You see Cage f3, and try to jump after. If he commits to f33b3, he's +5. If he does F3, you're gonna get nut punched. If he does F33 mid screen, you're knocked down for 12%. If he does f33b3 in the corner, he's gonna get a nut punch. And those are just options that come from f3. What if he does standing 1 or 21? Both can lead to a nut punch. If he does 11f1 you get knocked down, but in the corner that's another potential nut punch. Hell, if he knows you're gonna jump he might go for a b3. If he goes for grab that's a full combo punish if you go for cross up. If he does D3, he might get OS b3 if you cross up. If you jump backwards, F3 will move him forward and you might not even escape his pressure, especially if he does D3, dash f3.

What if you poke after you block f3? If he commits to the string, it's another +5 just like above. If he does another F3, your poke will win and you've stopped his pressure. If he goes for another f33b3, you've stopped his pressure. If he goes for standing 1 or 2, you've stopped his pressure (and both are highs so poke is guaranteed to win). If cage reads a poke, he'll need to commit to f33 nut punch which is less safe than b3. If he goes for grab, you've stopped his pressure. If he goes for d3, your poke may win (more so if you're player 1 and/or if you have a 6f poke). Even if D3 wins, you've lost like .5% and put back into another F3 guessing game that's really no different than if you jumped.

Also take into consideration F3 random advantage makes you unable to jump for 9 frames.

So yeah, poking > jumping.

UsedForGlue If you're saying that F3 is invincible to attacks that hit high, you're wrong. Otherwise we may have a different definition of what a high crush is.