What's new

Johnny's F3 is pokeable every time on crouch block.

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
It's pretty god damn hard to react to the f3 though. It's a lot harder than just saying that it's pokeable.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
so youre trying to just-frame against a nine frame attack thats +0 on block with your 8 frame poke? -_-

no wonder you eat more f3s
and you would suggest? Sub has no 6 frame moves...

and his 7 frame D1 blows. D3 maybe?

and you would suggest? Sub has no 6 frame moves...

and his 7 frame D1 blows. D3 maybe?
you need a 6-7 frame move so that you have a couple frames to input it. You dont poke out of f3 on reaction, It's a guessing game. cage will either do a naked f3 or extended f3 string.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Who said we could react to Kabal's pressure either? :p
If you learn the strings he does into NDC you will know which one to poke.

Learn the match up instead of bitching about it(This is what I was told when I used to bitch about Kabal), Cage has been like this since the start of the game its just us Cage players learned how to close in distance and keep you there :cool:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I Need to Try Skarlets F+4 against this famous F+3, she is 4 frames slower, but she has longer reach

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Since everyone is too ignorant to actually read the original post about this, and only rely on false info, i guess I'm gunna make a thread about this. ITS NOT A BLOCK INFINITE. ITS RANDOM ADVANTAGE. YOU CAN POKE EVERY TIME. YOU JUST CAN'T JUMP.
it is pokeble. But you have to be quick with it or you would eat another knee. Another thing is that the cage player can follow up with f3,3,and if you thought he was just gonna do f3? He's gonna hit you and confirm into nut punch. This is why its sometimes better to respect it.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Is there any frame data on JCs f3 in terms of priority? Say I block a f3 and do a 6 frame d1 on the first possible frame it beats another f3, but how about if I do it on the 2nd or 3rd available frame?

I've had multiple d1s stuffed by f3 and it would be nice to know exactly how many frames we have. On paper we have 3 frames but it certainly doesn't feel like it.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Why would I try to poke out of f3 pressure? Honestly, that approach gets me killed every time i try because somebody told me it was a good idea. It's a bad idea. You can either jump out or continue crouch blocking and wait for him to commit to f33, once he commits to f33, because you were still crouch blocking, he cannot hitconfirm into nutpunch or ex forceball and he is -4 on f33 on block isn't he? Is it possible for the cage player to hitconfirm into f33b3 on block while trying to hitconfirm into f33, nutpunch on hit? That seems really hard to me, kudos if you can do that, though.

it is pokeble. But you have to be quick with it or you would eat another knee. Another thing is that the cage player can follow up with f3,3,and if you thought he was just gonna do f3? He's gonna hit you and confirm into nut punch. This is why its sometimes better to respect it.
you cant confirm into nutpuch unless ur superhuman, but youll most likely get hit by forceballs or b3 after f3 3 so he'll be in advantage anyway.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
good luck doing a down one, if cage is mashing f3 and you dont cancel your d1 your going to eat another f3 for your troubles lol. But yes it is pokable

Why would I try to poke out of f3 pressure? Honestly, that approach gets me killed every time i try because somebody told me it was a good idea. It's a bad idea. You can either jump out or continue crouch blocking and wait for him to commit to f33, once he commits to f33, because you were still crouch blocking, he cannot hitconfirm into nutpunch or ex forceball and he is -4 on f33 on block isn't he? Is it possible for the cage player to hitconfirm into f33b3 on block while trying to hitconfirm into f33, nutpunch on hit? That seems really hard to me, kudos if you can do that, though.
What lol?

This is what goes through a cage players mind:

They commit to a f33.....

If you are:

Crouch blocking, they go b3

Stand blocking, they do ex forceballs

not blocking, they do nutpunch

All it takes is practice. People are stupid when they say cage players are braindead

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
salvificblood you do not jump out of cage's pressure, you poke.
You're incorrect. If he's going to do repetitions of f3, it's better to jump, so long as you were standing. The problem with standing is that if he does f33, he can then hitconfirm into ex forceball. If you try poking f3, it will outprioritise you.

You're incorrect. If he's going to do repetitions of f3, it's better to jump, so long as you were standing. The problem with standing is that if he does f33, he can then hitconfirm into ex forceball. If you try poking f3, it will outprioritise you.
If you jump you will get anti aired by the next f3 and get nut punched.

Keep it moist

Nerf Demander
Hes trying to be funny. You cant jump away from Johnny Cage while he is doing f3. You will get caught and fall down again into a 11 or nut punch combo.
sheeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit from my personal experience you either sit there and respect the shit cage does to ya or you take chances