What's new

Match Footage Johnny Cage Video Thread

neobiann

Damn I´m good
Another one...

I lost that one but it was a great match. By the way, he is the same guy as the previous video (ML). Plz comment

Furb

Noob
Quite good. It has to be fun playing against kitana player that is not zoing you all the time ;D. Even tough that JC have very effective 1 against her, it's still a pretty hard MU for him.

CJF so here's what I got from your jc

Your pressure is solid all-around. Only problems I have are that you used f32 a lot as a block string. Post-patch, I see this more as a string to close space. I would also only use f32 to bait something out. Otherwise, I wouldn't use it.

I also noticed you used f33b3 a lot as a pressure string. This is incorrect, f33b3 is a mix up string. You use it to keep your opponent honest when abusing that f3. It's also a set up string for another mixup: footsies, shadow kick, more pressure, etc. It's similar to raiden's f24.

You play a heavy rush down cage and you won your games. Cage is capable of footsies too however. If you got psn then hit me up.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
There were a few that I should have that I wasn't thinking, but a lot of them were because he had breaker and I wanted to keep him grounded. You saw I even just let him hit the ground when I was juggling him and he was going to get breaker.
My other suggestion would try to have more control when you're gaining in on Kabal. Meaning bait things like the ex dash or the f32 etc etc.

Its OKAY to use flipkick sometimes to escape from Kabal's pressure, I do it all the time and it works because it generally pushes him into the corner. If away from the corner use nut punch mang. Beyond that I can't tell you to block all of his safe 50/50s that is all on you.
Also throws can be good as well. Kabal is going to get away no matter what.

HGTV Ermacio dude work on that standing 3(or is it 4) issue you got going there.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
My other suggestion would try to have more control when you're gaining in on Kabal. Meaning bait things like the ex dash or the f32 etc etc.

Its OKAY to use flipkick sometimes to escape from Kabal's pressure, I do it all the time and it works because it generally pushes him into the corner. If away from the corner use nut punch mang. Beyond that I can't tell you to block all of his safe 50/50s that is all on you.
Also throws can be good as well. Kabal is going to get away no matter what.

HGTV Ermacio dude work on that standing 3(or is it 4) issue you got going there.
Its funny you say that because the set before this I blocked every ex dash he threw. Sometimes I see it coming sometimes I dont. This set he hit me with a lot of them that I should have seen coming. I was using fwd32 because ermacio has difficulty poking after that string, so i was just exploiting a weakness I knew about him as a player. I like the idea of the throws.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
HGTV Soapboxfan

When you're coming in on Kabal doing IAGB it's better to do dash into crouch block instead of dash into crouch without blocking, it takes forever for the "slide into crouch" animation while dashing.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
HGTV Soapboxfan

When you're coming in on Kabal doing IAGB it's better to do dash into crouch block instead of dash into crouch without blocking, it takes forever for the "slide into crouch" animation while dashing.
Yeah.... my block button was going in and out the past few days, getting it fixed tommorrow. I get hit randomly when I obviously should have blocked i think in game 4 as well. It was amazing I didnt get hit by a couple of those gas blasts tbh. Damn good catch though I didn't even see that I wasnt blocking the first few times.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Yeah.... my block button was going in and out the past few days, getting it fixed tommorrow. I get hit randomly when I obviously should have blocked i think in game 4 as well. It was amazing I didnt get hit by a couple of those gas blasts tbh. Damn good catch though I didn't even see that I wasnt blocking the first few times.
if block doesn't work try dash d3...just beware of the input bug.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
if block doesn't work try dash d3...just beware of the input bug.
If you read kabal oz going to dash cancel in for pressure you can dash d3 to catch him and go into pressure (although I like to try to go for full combos, might as well go all out in this mu) but you open yourself up to ground saw and committed dashes.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
If you read kabal oz going to dash cancel in for pressure you can dash d3 to catch him and go into pressure (although I like to try to go for full combos, might as well go all out in this mu) but you open yourself up to ground saw and committed dashes.
You're open no matter what, it takes no effort at all for kabal to just dash up and hit you with a 50/50.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
You're open no matter what, it takes no effort at all for kabal to just dash up and hit you with a 50/50.
Your back dash is your best friend here if wants to try that. Back dash if he goes for a string b3 if he goes for a naked 50 50 jump that shit. This is a matchup where you have to know exactly what kabal is going to do. And you have to have your priorities straight. Sacrifice damage for positioning/ breaker disadvantage, sacrifice pressure for meter, etc. It requires a complete cage, one that is good at spacing, pressure, offense, and defense and had tons of matchup experience. This is why dizzy does so well, and not to sound full of myself here, but why I do well against kabal as well. While my cage certainly does not have the best offense or the best spacing, it incorporates it all.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Your back dash is your best friend here if wants to try that. Back dash if he goes for a string b3 if he goes for a naked 50 50 jump that shit. This is a matchup where you have to know exactly what kabal is going to do. And you have to have your priorities straight. Sacrifice damage for positioning/ breaker disadvantage, sacrifice pressure for meter, etc. It requires a complete cage, one that is good at spacing, pressure, offense, and defense and had tons of matchup experience. This is why dizzy does so well, and not to sound full of myself here, but why I do well against kabal as well. While my cage certainly does not have the best offense or the best spacing, it incorporates it all.
It requires good guessing, which is why the matchup is hella bad.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
It requires good guessing, which is why the matchup is hella bad.
idk I don't see it that way. I mean I guess if kabal just tries to be random but I would think at the highest possible level everything a kabal does has a reason, and where there are specific reasons it becomes reads not guesses. Obviously the matchup is terrible though haha