What's new

Johnny Cage Trailer Revealed for Mortal Kombat 11

He looks amazing, I’m super happy with Johnny so far. I saw something that resembles F3, but it looked kinda odd. Shadow kick and flips look great, the mime parry is awesome and his nutpunch animation looks better to me than X’s did. Still hoping for B3 and red shadows to make a return, but guess i’ll find that out later today. Overall they did a fantastic job with him, and he’s actually hilarious now. I don’t know why people wouldn’t want this character to be in every game

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Well it looks like Sonicfoxs "Im gonna main baraka if his fireball stays mid" agenda against worked cus the fireball is high now. There isnt anyone in the world that actually thought Fox would main a defensive wall character that gets his best damage from punishes. All he has to say tho is "if this move stays as is, im using it" which was clearly a dogwhistle for "im not actually going to use this move but im sonicfox and i only use broke shit so me saying I like this move means it must be too strong" and NRS nerfed it accordingly. He played your ass NRS, he never intended to use Baraka, stop listening to everything he says

There is a lot possible, but I hate this generation and time with all these mobile zombies, and Cassie (that name UGH) reminds me too much of those selfie whores on youtube and facebook, also I think Johnny does best what johnny does best, no need for another one with the same attitude. So no, I will hate Cassandra Cage forever I fear. Same with Bo Rai Cho.
While I understand (and share) the hate for Bo'Rai Cho, I think Cassie was made on purpose to mock the mobile zombie archetype you just describe. Cassie and Takeda were the only Kombat Kids that had an interesting personnality (even if you don't like it, she had a proper personnality, unlike another female Kombat Kid :DOGE ). I personnally like her but you should at least give her a chance for MK11. Years have passed in MK11 and she probably changed too. And even if you don't like her, you can still use her as your training dummy :D .
She's in the game no matter what, so you could at least hope for a better version of this character :)

The snow stage is apparently set in Russia.

The tram says "выд" which is meaningless. The red engine says "стил кас" which is "steel case" phonetically written out in Russian letters, weird.

Why are we fighting in a Russian dark alley/street bazaar of all places? Hmm.
Funny how in 2019 an American company can't at least put REAL Russian words in creating a Russian background. I noticed the same thing in the Avengers (the 1st movie) : right before the scene where Black Widow is tied to a chair and is interrogated by some Russian general, they show some Russian landscape around a railway, and they have Russian letters and words on the buildings. They spell "airport" and "railway station" correctly on the buildings, but than just have nonsense written with Russian letters in the huge billboard))) and don't get me started on the accents... That General is Russian?!? Why does he have an accent?!? I mean Black Widow is supposed to be Russian, why can't she properly tie two words together?!?) how was she even undercover there?!?!?

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Can I just say... I love how skilled they made him look?!

Between all the different flipkicks, then the straight flipkick beatdown in his fatal, then the one handed side-backflip he does before the fatality, and probably my favorite of all, the four kicks into aerial roundhouse kick to the god damn face combo.

Like god damn this motherfucker's just stylin.

You made a fan very happy tonight NRS. :')
yeah ..... always thought Johnny (along with Liu Kang) is among the most skilled martial artist in the MK lore universe .... he seem sick agile and versatile in MK 11 ! according to his bio, he was trained by the best martial arts masters from Earthrealm, so, even at his 50 years, Johnny kicks some major assess around ! :)

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
That fatality, omg. It's not even that over the top gore-wise (at least for MK standards), but I fucking looooove it simply for the personality and hilarity it injects into the game. It just FEELS like a Johnny Cage fatality.

Damn, NRS. Big thumbs up from this guy.

Also, really excited to see a parry or two in Johnny's move set. I really enjoyed his x-ray in MK9 and trying to bait someone into it. It was a seriously satisfying feeling whenever someone walked into it XD