What's new

Johnny Cage Trailer Revealed for Mortal Kombat 11

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Oh come on, that stunt double is obviously not as handsome as he is!
It isn't Young Johnny it's a Stunt Dooble)) he has a different face if you look closely)
Oh didn't even think of the stunt double what with the timeline shenanigans lmao, even better!

They totally went and made Sonya and Johnny both super dope characters compared to their MKX iterations in terms of gameplay. Now I'm even more hyped for Cassie. I can't believe just 15 minutes ago I was losing hype and with a JOHNNY CAGE trailer, they made me as hyped as ever.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Eat a dick and get triple decapped every single one of you clowns who plans on coming into this thread to bitch about Johnny Cage’s GODLIKE inclusion in another Mortal Kombat game.

I mean seariously, the fuck? It’s like being sick of Ken in Street Fighter games.

If Ken was cool.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
God he looks so lit, Cage just did it on em.

Easily the best Cage depiction I have ever seen. They doubled down on movie references and made Cage pure FUN like all you get is joy from start to finish. Ninja Mime, Fisticuffs, Stunt Double, and all those kicks and acrobatics....I'm in love <3.
Yeah they said they’re increasing each character’s use of their weapons, and it seems with Johnny that’s all of his action movie stuff. I’m glad, I love the knuckledusters(and they even show up) but this is a much more interesting direction to take him.

Also, I LOVE that he’s smiling 90% of the time, like he’s not taking any of this seriously at all.

Also he looks pretty handsome here, MKX Johnny
Just looked a bit funny looking to me, never quiet liked his design in that.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
I am super happy I cannot even find the right words. Still i am amazed by his new design and moves. I think that is all I wished to have in this game. April has to happen very soon!!!

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
On his actual gameplay from a competitive look too...

I'm now SUPER OPTIMISTIC about the direction they are taking offensive characters in this game!!!!
This game will NOT be dominated by just projectile characters.

1. That far reaching low starter at :48 is fantastic for catching people trying to walk away.

2. The entire sequence at :50 is SOOO great! It shows that while he isn't a zoning monster himself, his shadow kick is meant to be used to punish ducked projectiles from a certain range (based on how bad the recovery is on the projectile thrown). So this means that zoning him will be a bad idea unless your character has a very safe projectile!

3. Counters just like Sonya

I can't wait to see more offense based characters. UGH!

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
The snow stage is apparently set in Russia.

The tram says "выд" which is meaningless. The red engine says "стил кас" which is "steel case" phonetically written out in Russian letters, weird.

Why are we fighting in a Russian dark alley/street bazaar of all places? Hmm.

KCJ506

Noob
After seeing the stunt double grab, I feel Noob's chances are a bit lower now.

But after that fatality.. I'm not even mad. This seems like it'll be the best version of Johnny.

God he looks so good.

The snow stage is apparently set in Russia.

The tram says "выд" which is meaningless. The red engine says "стил кас" which is "steel case" phonetically written out in Russian letters, weird.

Why are we fighting in half-destroyed Russia of all places?
I believe the Black Dragon Fight Klub also has Russian writing in it, so it's probably the exterior area; similar to the set-up for SF hangar/desert exterior stages.

The stunt double looks a lot like the MK1 Johnny Cage.

The more I look at the fatality, the more I love it. Damn it NRS knows what they are doing and most of my doubts about this game have vanished.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
Just wow. I never really played Johnny, but that looked super fun.

Can we deduct which moves are in the base set from the trailer? Has there been a pattern with the previous ones, like that the base moves are shown first or sth like that?