What's new

General/Other - Johnny Cage Johnny Cage Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwarfmp

Enthusiast
Is anyone disappointed he doesn't rip the opponent in half like Shao Kahn in MK9? Now it's more of a joke fatality again...

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
If you are apart of the "I am the Special Effect." Family then please update the avatar with your favorite MK or MKII sprite of Johnny C.

EGP Awesomo

R.T.S.D
So I havent had the time to read through this whole thread, but has anybody talked about how he has an overhead?(at least im pretty sure its an overhead) Having mk9 style pressure while being able to get full combos on an overhead sounds bonkers to me. Cant wait :D

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
So I havent had the time to read through this whole thread, but has anybody talked about how he has an overhead?(at least im pretty sure its an overhead) Having mk9 style pressure while being able to get full combos on an overhead sounds bonkers to me. Cant wait :D
yup, its like a smoke b2

Slymind

Noob
One thing that bugged me though, is his new flip kick, the animation is cool, but it's entirely vertical and even the mb-version seems to add nothing to the table, maybe it has armor or something.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
I've been playing with Johnny Cage the last 3 days, who still doesn't have the game might be interested in knowing that:

- All his normals are - on block or leave him at neutral. His d3 is the only exception, +1 on block.
- His charged b2 in the A-list variation (and all the other charged normals, like f3[4]) is not ublockable, just +1 on block.
- Ex Forceball is +5 on block.
- He has a great overhead but lacks a low starter, no 50-50 for him after knockdowns or nutpunch.
- His combo damage using A-List and Fisticuffs is on average 30-35 % with 1 bar midscreen, 35-40 % with 1 bar in the corner.
- His flipkick is heavily punishable. JC doesn't have any good wake up option.

It's obviously too early to judge but to me he doesn't look good at the moment, lacks a lot of stuff that the other characters have, and his pressure game doesn't exist anymore.
If you have any question about him I'll try to answer you soon.

How is it that the only two characters I want to use are the only two characters people are already saying suck?(Johnny/Raiden) Is he plus when charge canceling in A list? So his pokes are negative but what about his strings? I won't even use him if he doesn't have good pressure anymore.

Last edited:

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
I've been playing with Johnny Cage the last 3 days, who still doesn't have the game might be interested in knowing that:

- All his normals are - on block or leave him at neutral. His d3 is the only exception, +1 on block.
- His charged b2 in the A-list variation (and all the other charged normals, like f3[4]) is not ublockable, just +1 on block.
- Ex Forceball is +5 on block.
- He has a great overhead but lacks a low starter, no 50-50 for him after knockdowns or nutpunch.
- His combo damage using A-List and Fisticuffs is on average 30-35 % with 1 bar midscreen, 35-40 % with 1 bar in the corner.
- His flipkick is heavily punishable. JC doesn't have any good wake up option.

It's obviously too early to judge but to me he doesn't look good at the moment, lacks a lot of stuff that the other characters have, and his pressure game doesn't exist anymore.
If you have any question about him I'll try to answer you soon.
Ouch, that news about the EX Forceball and the Flipkick hurts to hear. The Flipkick was my go-to wakeup move in MK9.

Also sucks that he once again has no low starter. Come on NRS, why do you have to do that to us Cage mains?

Status
Not open for further replies.