What's new

Match-up Discussion Johnny Cage: Official Matchup Discussion

gdf

Noob
Kung Lao being 6-4.
...I might have to agree given the circumstances surrounding the past 5 months.
I guess I was wrong about it being 5-5.

gdf

Noob
You did? Dude i'm sorry man, I met so many new people at Raleigh I can't put a face to everyone. What do you look like?
I was a Hispanic twin.

But my point is, after the match we had, it was pretty clear you understood the Kung Lao match-up. Who's Lao did you train against if you don't mind me asking?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Can you go into more detail?

She controls the MU. She can keep him out and get in when she wants because of her IAF and her long ranged normals. She has superior footsies and blows up his avenues of getting in like deep jump kick. He can only get in through dangerous reads or mistakes on her part. She also does hella damage so if he screws up trying to get in she now has a big lifelead to sit on. Once he's in it swings heavily into his favor but while she has no armor she does have a good d+3 that can go under f+3, square boost to fly away, and a really good mixup of jk/jp(since jk~fan blows up his anti-crossup d+1) when she tries to jump out.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
She controls the MU. She can keep him out and get in when she wants because of her IAF and her long ranged normals. She has superior footsies and blows up his avenues of getting in like deep jump kick. He can only get in through dangerous reads or mistakes on her part. She also does hella damage so if he screws up trying to get in she now has a big lifelead to sit on. Once he's in it swings heavily into his favor but while she has no armor she does have a good d+3 that can go under f+3, square boost to fly away, and a really good mixup of jk/jp(since jk~fan blows up his anti-crossup d+1) when she tries to jump out.
Actually I agree with all of this but i always felt like I needed to learn the MU more. And You don't really hear anyone else say kitana beats him. Would be curious as to what others think as well. Thanks for the input. The best cage player to ask for this would be GGA Dizzy of course.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
I was a Hispanic twin.

But my point is, after the match we had, it was pretty clear you understood the Kung Lao match-up. Who's Lao did you train against if you don't mind me asking?
the most would be Winter wars. He has a very good Kung Lao. I also trained with Insuperable and CD jr.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Actually I agree with all of this but i always felt like I needed to learn the MU more. And You don't really hear anyone else say kitana beats him. Would be curious as to what others think as well. Thanks for the input.
I actually preach the fact kitana beats cage lol. 16Bit and I have the exact same thought about this MU.

astronout

see you at the top.
the shang tsung / cage mu might be actually be 5-5 but I'll have to play that matchup more. they both have tools to make it hell for the other player.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
the shang tsung / cage mu might be actually be 5-5 but I'll have to play that matchup more. they both have tools to make it hell for the other player.
YEah this MU I only have minimal experience in so i'm not acting like I KNOW it's 6/4 lol. The more input I get the better on it. Thanks man.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Baraka- 6/4 5/5 after playing TheTetraSpirit Peckapowa and STB Shujinkydink. Adv to Cage (aka .5 but fuck .5s)
Cyber Sub-Zero- 6/4 5/5 Parry and good use of dive kicks. See Dizzy vs UsedForGlue
Cyrax- 5/5
Ermac- 5/5
Freddy- 4/6
Jade- 6/4
Jax- 7/3 6/4 You're trying to tell me that Jax with all of his armors, damage, and safe strings is as easy as a win like it is against Kano?
Kabal- 3/7 6/4 3/7 on Rooftop Day. It's how a player can get used to Kabal's rhythm then the sudden pressure game that he can do.
Kano- 7/3
Kenshi- 2/8
Kitana- 5/5 (16 bit and Khaotic both think Kitana wins. Maybe they are right.)
Kung Lao- 6/4
Liu Kang- 5/5
Mileena- 6/4
Nightwolf- 7/3
Noob- 6/4
Quan- 7/3
Raiden- 6/4
Rain- 6/4
Reptile- 6/4 5/5 Low Hitbox and Decent zoning can keep Cage on his toes. He also has armor.
Scorpion- 6/4
Sektor- 5/5
Shang- 6/4 (Another one I could use input on, not enough experience.) 5/5 Shang's zoning is tricky to get past, but upclose his armor and slow moves is what can hurt him. He also has a decent pressure game, which you will have to use meter or a fast normal to get out of.
Sheeva- 8/2
Sindel- 6/4
Skarlet- 6/4 5/5 Skarlet's zoning is pretty damn good against Cage. She also has really great armor to use against his Pressure.
Smoke- 6/4
Sonya- 5/5
Stryker- 6/4
Sub-Zero- 4/6

If my input means anything.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
If any of you cages want to have a money match with sindel I'm down. I challenge every cage at NEC

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Baraka- 6/4 5/5 after playing TheTetraSpirit Peckapowa and STB Shujinkydink. Adv to Cage (aka .5 but fuck .5s)
Cyber Sub-Zero- 6/4 5/5 Parry and good use of dive kicks. See Dizzy vs UsedForGlue
Cyrax- 5/5
Ermac- 5/5
Freddy- 4/6
Jade- 6/4
Jax- 7/3 6/4 You're trying to tell me that Jax with all of his armors, damage, and safe strings is as easy as a win like it is against Kano?
Kabal- 3/7 6/4 3/7 on Rooftop Day. It's how a player can get used to Kabal's rhythm then the sudden pressure game that he can do.
Kano- 7/3
Kenshi- 2/8
Kitana- 5/5 (16 bit and Khaotic both think Kitana wins. Maybe they are right.)
Kung Lao- 6/4
Liu Kang- 5/5
Mileena- 6/4
Nightwolf- 7/3
Noob- 6/4
Quan- 7/3
Raiden- 6/4
Rain- 6/4
Reptile- 6/4 5/5 Low Hitbox and Decent zoning can keep Cage on his toes. He also has armor.
Scorpion- 6/4
Sektor- 5/5
Shang- 6/4 (Another one I could use input on, not enough experience.) 5/5 Shang's zoning is tricky to get past, but upclose his armor and slow moves is what can hurt him. He also has a decent pressure game, which you will have to use meter or a fast normal to get out of.
Sheeva- 8/2
Sindel- 6/4
Skarlet- 6/4 5/5 Skarlet's zoning is pretty damn good against Cage. She also has really great armor to use against his Pressure.
Smoke- 6/4
Sonya- 5/5
Stryker- 6/4
Sub-Zero- 4/6

If my input means anything.
It means something lol don't be EMO.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
You're trying to tell me that Jax with all of his armors, damage, and safe strings is as easy as a win like it is against Kano?
Jax gets fucked up by cage. Pretty sure any Jax player will admit that.

IMO Kabal has way to many tools. It's a solid 7-3 to me and maybe worse on rooftop.

5/5 Low Hitbox and Decent zoning can keep Cage on his toes. He also has armor.
Reptile zoning is the ONLY thing that keeps this from being worse IMO. He has nothing to get out of cages pressure with except dash and that can be full combo punished. I used to think it was difficult but I understand the MU WAY better than before.

Skarlet's zoning does no damage and is not hard to get around IMO. She also is a risky character than cage can take advantage of.