What's new

Jax Pre-Release Discussion Thread

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
Anyone find any cool combo's with grinnin barrett yet?
In the corner you can do:

[Opener]xxDB4 EX, 1, 4xxBF3, D12xxDB1 1111114 (~320.00) (standing reset) Grab (330.00 kb)

Reason why this is interesting is cause it charges his fists up to full starting at 0% charge even off an opener that doesn't use his fists (ie. B3 low). The Gotcha grab 4 is also a standing reset in the corner that jails a grab, so its a forced tech or they eat a KB cause your arms are fully charged.

Should be room to optimize for more damage too, and could also do FB cancels to increase damage.

This combo is possible though in his other variation too off a different opener (ie. B2[hold]/D2 kb)

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
Any idea if Jax has command grab tick throws?
D1, D3, B1, F33, 22 (p.s., this is amazing cause it has natural Overhead AND low options)

Ending things in the corner with DB1 11111114 into 22xxTick Throw seem like it will be really strong.

Also the KB from the Quad Grab is 400.00 damage total when done properly (uses all meter and needs to be done frame perfect, but its not that bad)

EDIT - For the record I only did the Wrestler quad grab once or twice in practice and I can get this quad grab easily 50% of the time after minimal labbing. So it'll be consistent for sure.

Last edited:

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
EDIT - For the record I only did the Wrestler quad grab once or twice in practice and I can get this quad grab easily 50% of the time after minimal labbing. So it'll be consistent for sure.
It is. Even if you struggle with the correct timing, you can just mash the right button and it will come out :D

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
1) How plus is Jax when you do a corner slam restand?

2) Is the corner restand is his default movie or is it variation-specific?

God damn I cant wait for April 23d...

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
Could u explain a bit what you mean by Oh/Low options? Thanks in advance xD
I actually got mixed up a bit. OH is only accessible in Grinnin' Barrett (DB4). But he can go into a low HKD with 22D4. Granted none of that jails. 22 is also -9 on block, so not a great stagger to fake the tick. 22xxTick isn't nearly as good as I thought originally.

imagine been a mixup character but everyone can option select every single mixups you have. i know im probably exaggerating. but that was a thing also in mkx with his 123 overhead and 12 overhead mixups

Last edited:
so heres the counter from the dudes twitter
"I release of block after F33 and gotcha and command wont hit and just try to block 1+3 ( overhead ) but there is a flaw in this. Jax can simply do F33 xx running punch, which is a two hitting mid and -7"
do you realise you can also get poked after F33? its -14 you can react and poke out

i dont have the game, is that not a true string then doing f33 into dash punch or whatever hes referring too?
i didnt test that out yet but i though he meant delay F33 then dash punch. if so at least that would be a mix up but if in fatal blow range you can fatal blow the gap if the delay dash punch is a thing and fuck jax up. the more im seen of him atm the more i think ill drop him. i main jax since mk2 but he seems to suck hard right now.

i didnt test that out yet but i though he meant delay F33 then dash punch. if so at least that would be a mix up but if in fatal blow range you can fatal blow the gap if the delay dash punch is a thing and fuck jax up. the more im seen of him atm the more i think ill drop him. i main jax since mk2 but he seems to suck hard right now.
he replied elsewhere that he forgot about dash punch. I'm am sure we can figure it out before jumping ship