What's new

Jax Pre-Release Discussion Thread

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
"Quick Drill", mid/high, +15/-6
Ticks now but has a gap and since the second hit is a high, it's an easy launching d2 krushing blow for 190 damage plus follow-up ...
but then you can start doing d1 into tick and try to catch them mashing.
Hut

freerf245

11 11 11 11
My original impressions of Jax were pretty bad but I LOVE him. Both his default variations are solid and his abilities are fun to mess around with too.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Bf2 Mb scales significantly more than Db4 mb. Use db4 for optimized combos. So far my main combos have been:

Midscreen:
F33/S1/B3 Db4 Mb dash d12 dash d12 Db1
J3 dash b1 db1
D2/B2 (KB) dash 12 dash d12 Db1

Corner:
F33/S1/B3 Db4 1 12 d12 db1
B1 bf3 d1 d1 d12 db1
B2/D2 (KB) s4 d1 d12 db1

You can do bf34 as an ender if you want the krushing blow. These aren't all of them but the main ones.

Just caught something, you can easily confirm gotcha grab off of F33. Once you get em in the corner you can gotcha grab then restand. If they block the F33 its up to you, you can stagger some more, go into quad grab if they are playing scared, regular grab, 1+3, stagger into back 4, so many options. If they dare press a button just gotcha and restand again after F33. Sometimes i noticed my gotcha not coming out but ima blame it on the online cuz i can do it fine in practice mode.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Just caught something, you can easily confirm gotcha grab off of F33. Once you get em in the corner you can gotcha grab then restand. If they block the F33 its up to you, you can stagger some more, go into quad grab if they are playing scared, regular grab, 1+3, stagger into back 4, so many options. If they dare press a button just gotcha and restand again after F33. Sometimes i noticed my gotcha not coming out but ima blame it on the online cuz i can do it fine in practice mode.
F33 has a huge cancel window for some reason. Makes his corner game very dirty. The opponent has no choice but to respect your restand in the corner because of this. If they don't they are put back in the exact same situation.

F33 has a huge cancel window for some reason. Makes his corner game very dirty. The opponent has no choice but to respect your restand in the corner because of this. If they don't they are put back in the exact same situation.
I almost feel bad lmao

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Anyone knows (maybe already got) at what Character tower stage you can get Jax's CLASSIC Arms? The ones that has no futuristic bs, just simple/smooth metal arms that kinda look like Colosus arms from X-Men.