What's new

Jax Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Shakes

Noob
Dude more than half of the character threads are like this currently.

Apparently everyone is the worst character in the game lmao.
i know. Worst character and also broken at the same time XD and people asking for/giving tier lists after a few people get a couple of days play...ai yai yai.

Buiu

Woot
my 2 cetns about jax...

I played againt some good player (killerxinok)

dash punch is lit, i mean AMAZING ( a safe mid+mid almost fullsreen an only -7), and you can use the ex to perform a long range grab when they are waiting for something midrange, it combos from a jump in kick too. It KB when the second hit counter

dont ever use f42, the 2 wiff even on crounch block, use f4 everytime (+6 and odd blockstun)

f33 1+3 have a gigantic gap, easy to react

the grab varaiation have a Really simple gameplay, no launcher or big combos

ground pound is AMAZING too, use it on neutral. the ex variation pick some jumps sometimes

one of the best fatal blow so far (fast mid, recharge your arms), so when it finish, gives you a true zoning potencial... good for comebacks

Granade Launcher ex sucks

quad grab kb is very consistent to perform.

the second varation, you lose the amazing dash punch, 3 amazing krushing blows (easy to land), but gives you a decent combo potencial, have a lot of gap on the overhead follow up, a safe low, and unsafe mid.

Last edited:
my 2 cetns about jax...

I played againt some good player (killerxinok)

dash punch is lit, i mean AMAZING ( a safe mid+mid almost fullsreen an only -7), and you can use the ex to perform a long range grab when they are waiting for something midrange, it combos from a jump in kick too. It KB when the second hit counter

dont ever use f42, the 2 wiff even on crounch block, use f4 everytime (+6 and odd blockstun)

f33 1+3 have a gigantic gap, easy to react

the grab varaiation have a Really simple gameplay, no launcher or big combos

ground pound is AMAZING too, use it on neutral. the ex variation pick some jumps sometimes

one of the best fatal blow so far (fast mid, recharge your arms), so when it finish, gives you a true zoning potencial... good for comebacks

Granade Launcher ex sucks

quad grab kb is very consistent to perform.

the second varation, you lose the amazing dash punch, 3 amazing krushing blows (easy to land), but gives you a decent combo potencial, have a lot of gap on the overhead follow up, a safe low, and unsafe mid.
So out of the variations you played against, was there a clear favorite?

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Dont have the game yet but if his cmd grab a HIGH how you guys (who own the game) apply his grab pressure? I mean u can techically duck it.

IIRC he has a knee advancing mid that is fallowed by a high dash punch. Ppl can literally just block a mid and then neutral duck/upercut you whether you finish the string with a dash punch (high) or a cmd grab (high)?

What do u guys think?

JWolf

Noob
Dont have the game yet but if his cmd grab a HIGH how you guys (who own the game) apply his grab pressure? I mean u can techically duck it.

IIRC he has a knee advancing mid that is fallowed by a high dash punch. Ppl can literally just block a mid and then neutral duck/upercut you whether you finish the string with a dash punch (high) or a cmd grab (high)?

What do u guys think?
Just do the knee, it is +6 on block

Buiu

Woot

What do u guys think?
f4 dosent tickthrow and the f42 wiffs, even if the oponnet blocks crouching (highs are suposed to hit on this situations.... just do the f4 and go for pressure/tickthows

Does anyone have any tips/tutorial about how to land the KB during the quad grab? I didn’t play Jax in mkx and don’t know exactly when I should be timing the cancels

Man, does anyone else feel like Jax would be a near perfect character if, in one of his tournament loadouts he had

Quad grab
Ripped
Expert grappler

Or

Duck and weave
Quad grab
Ripped

I’m sure they’re trying to avoid OP loadouts to start but the lack of combo potential in Hunker Down is realllly frustrating. The character plays fine and is really strong but just doesn’t have a ton of stylish moments.