What's new

Jax Pre-Release Discussion Thread

freerf245

11 11 11 11
As of last night, Jax is officially confirmed to be a part of the Mortal Kombat 11 roster. We got a look at his present and past model. I LOVE both his designs in this game.

Past Jax is just classic Jax. Perfect. Look at that fade god damn.

Present Jax is interesting. He appears to have his old arms back. He also seems to be wearing Kronika-type gear on his shoulders. Considering Jacqui and past Jax seem to be upset with present Jax in the trailer, there is a possibility he is on Kronika's side in the story. But we will just have to wait and see.

In terms of gameplay all we got was a glimpse at his Fatal Blow and his Gotcha Grab. Gotcha grab seems to be similar to the MKX Pumped Up version, which allows you to chain together multiple different follow ups for his gotcha grab.

I cannot fuckin wait to see how brutal Jax is in this game. So far he is exactly what I wanted. Anyone else who plans on maining Jax or noticed any other info in the trailer feel free to comment.

Last edited:

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
I'm not thrilled yet, but based on how it went with Kano, I'm sure once we get to the actual breakdown I'll be head over heels. Need to see my boy in motion, need to see his size relative to other characters, need to see some other skins, etc.

Not hype yet but expecting to be hype very soon.

98Greener

Greenlord Memelord
At first, I felt that I wouldn't mind if Jax sat this game out, but seeing how cool he looks in this game has completely swung me around. Gosh, that heat-up ability looks crazy awesome.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
I can't get over how amazing he looks in the clips.
I assume Kronika restores his arms as part of their deal, or as a token of her fairh in him.
Thats what I was thinking but it is weird because Jax has kinda always been one of THE Special Forces members. Like even if they offered him his arms back, I could not see him opposing the Special Forces. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Major Jackson Briggs is a beast, the dude is like a hungry lion in the battlefield, a truck machine waiting to roll and crush some bones ! Both versions are awesome, but I liked the old Jax a bit more, he looks fucking angry and menacing ! His gameplay will be brutal, can be potentially the best grappler in the game, Jax never disappoints, baby ! :cool:

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
Thats what I was thinking but it is weird because Jax has kinda always been one of THE Special Forces members. Like even if they offered him his arms back, I could not see him opposing the Special Forces. Guess we will just have to wait and see.
This isn't as clear cut as the usual tournaments; Raiden interfered with time and created a diverging alternate reality, one in which Jax became a slave of Shinnok. An argument could be made that in helping Kronika, Jax is helping fix Raiden's mess. Kronika may be on the right side of this battle.

Last edited:

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
I doubt Jax is on Kronika’s side. More likely he doesn’t want Jaqui to be mixed up in this shit again
The chapter 1 synopsis that was going around mentioned that Jax left SF because he was traumatized. Which lines up with what he said to Sonya in MKX and how hard it was for him to readjust.

Seems like the guilt of what he did as a Revenant is eating him up and he wants to turn back the clock so that he never became a Revenant. Kronika is probably manipulating him just like she is everyone else.

I just wish the whole Revenant storyline was less comic-booky, because "Jax has severe PTSD!" is really interesting but I feel like the previous game didn't really make us feel like Revenants should be guilty for their actions (when resurrected). So im just sitting here going "jax dont be an idiot you were enslaved by magic, its not your fault." Maybe this game will help us understand his pain.

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
The chapter 1 synopsis that was going around mentioned that Jax left SF because he was traumatized. Which lines up with what he said to Sonya in MKX and how hard it was for him to readjust.

Seems like the guilt of what he did as a Revenant is eating him up and he wants to turn back the clock so that he never became a Revenant. Kronika is probably manipulating him just like she is everyone else.

I just wish the whole Revenant storyline was less comic-booky, because "Jax has severe PTSD!" is really interesting but I feel like the previous game didn't really make us feel like Revenants should be guilty for their actions (when resurrected). So im just sitting here going "jax dont be an idiot you were enslaved by magic, its not your fault." Maybe this game will help us understand his pain.
They are fully aware of what they are doing though, right? I think it would still haunt a dude. Except for Kitana, who apparently is enjoying being a revenant.