What's new

Jax Pre-Release Discussion Thread

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
They are fully aware of what they are doing though, right? I think it would still haunt a dude. Except for Kitana, who apparently is enjoying being a revenant.
For sure. I think I worded myself poorly. I get why he might feel responsible even though he wasn't. But the problem is I get it on a conceptual level, instead of actually feeling it with him, you know? So if he says "I feel so bad I cry myself to sleep watching Friends reruns," and starts beating the shit out of Sub-Zero, it's going to be really difficult to not see him as a dickhead.

Maybe if at some point, they show us some actual PTSD-like flashbacks of the horrible things he did? Maybe something like that could make a huge difference. I'm sure Dom and Shawn have some ideas.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I just love John Parrish too much, so maybe he's gonna be my favourite Jax forever. But this new young version looks amazing.
I think Jax was very cool in MK9 too. However, I think MKX and MK4 Jax are good but not mind blowing.

And Jax from Deadly Alliance/Armageddon was just awful. Remember his alternate costume? Terrible.

i would had make Jax a bit bigger though. Liu seems on roids compare to Jax.

Geras make Jax look like a child. and his face seems a bit meh young i dont know why i prefer mkx jax look.

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
i would had make Jax a bit bigger though. Liu seems on roids compare to Jax.

Geras make Jax look like a child. and his face seems a bit meh young i dont know why i prefer mkx jax look.
I mean not to state the obvious here but you see that there is an old Jax and a young Jax right?

Samsara

Resident Cynic
That was amazing. Jax, Jacqui, and Subby have my top interest until we see Dvorah.

Love the overheat mechanic, really enjoy the air throw, and the sound design is impeccable.

And that fatality was amazing. Nice pressure tools and looks like he'll have plenty of corner carry and damage.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Yo can we talk about corner Jax for a minute:
  • Overhead that launches when held, plus in the corner the non-krushing blow also seems to launch.
  • Low starter that he can probably get a combo off of too.
  • Restand if he has glowing arms.
  • GRAB KRUSHING BLOW
This is going to be a nightmare to deal with or will be baller to do yourself. Jax looked really good

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
I’m waiting for a Revenant Jax skin, that skin was my favorite in Mkx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fuck yeah! It wasn't my favorite, but I loved it. And I do hope that we get the Revenant skins back for characters who were rezzed in the past. Those are still iconic costumes for them.

I'm not gonna lie guys his design is kinda disappointing to me game play wise. I'm not a fan of how much he uses his gun. Characters who use weapons that aren't guns always seemed cooler to me cuz its like they are using their own strength to slice you or hit you, ESPECIALLY cuz dude can smash you head to pulp with his arms so why does he need guns to finish his fatal blow for example?? I also can't believe they got rid of his dash punch -_- like bruh that's synonymous with him thats like taking away liu kangs fire projectiles. Also don't like how reliant he is on punching, in other games he seemed like a kickboxer now he seems like a boxer with a kick or two who can throw you.
Finally I am definitely not a fan of that glowing arm mechanic. I liked it a lot when they said its a damage boost, and I am cool with what it looks like but certain moves being locked behind how hot it gets is wack. If I am wrong about that correct me but I don't want myself to have to heat up to play jax to his full potential, none of the other characters need to wait for something or fill up something to have their full kit. Reminded me of juri or G from street fighter low key and you don't want to be compared to juri. Sigh ok rant over, I love how he looks but the things he does just don't make me happy. Help me see the bright side fellow jax mains *cries in black man who likes to play black characters*. At this rate ima try liu cuz he looked sick.

Last edited:

freerf245

11 11 11 11
He honestly looks like the strongest character they've showed off so far. Mixups, normals, damage, his gotcha grab is insane. Can't wait.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
So glad they didn't give him a generic projectile(at least no unconditionally) just because why not. I hate that about MK games. He has a cool subsystem and looks like his tools commit to an archetype. I'll give you an A+ NRS.