What's new

Match-up Discussion Jax MU Chart December 2012

jax scorpion 6-4, its probly his toughest 6-4, his corner damage is dangerous, but avoidable, scorps hellfire is very reliable in zoning, jax cant throw a wave or risk taking 14 for a free double hellfire, gp cancels can be interrupted with hellfire, although footsies and pressure game do beat scorpion, if he gains momentum he can still take the match, i would not go as far as 7-3 MITDJT i think you mentioned feeling the same way?
indeed, the reason jax doesn't 7 3 him like cage is because his pressure is good, but only gets good dmg in the corner. He can barely get a 30 percent punish on ppl, so if scorpion takes a risk, he won't get crushed like he would vs sonya, or cage bcuz cage gets free pressure after a nut punch combo. Also scorpion prevents gp use and zoning from jax. Also any whiffed dash punches= 40 pecent combo/vortex combo.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Quan's mobility isn't safe.. So in reality, Jax has far better mobility in this matchup.

jax doesnt get blown up by teleport mix ups, he still has that armor, a low hitbox and a 7 frame uppercut, also that 8 frame standing 1 isnt just sitting there, if cage can use his 8 frame standing 1 to beat teleport, jax also can, he also has gotcha grab. jax will only get blown up by teleport on a good read. the niggest problems in this matchup are imo:

- jax cannot groundpound pressure lao on wakeup bacause of ex spin.
- d4 into 24/21 keep him out of sweep range and if he gets in he is gonna need something fast against lao but f41 gets blown up by full combo by lao
- lao's damaga vs jax, lao doesnt need to break his midscreen combos and jax is going to need meter for armor to be a real threat to kung lao. lao can just keep playing hit and run and if lao catches jax he should just use ex hat combos for a minimum of 40% everytime.
- jax has faster pokes but they mean shit if he can't follow it up with a string. its kind of like how kung lao doesnt really need to poke you to advance because with a 7 frame jab he is already faster 95% of the times, and the opponent will always be able to intgerrupt with poke even after poke advantage. the difference is 21/24 has good range and is one of the biggest threats in the game when you know how to space it in different situations, once you block 21 you will have to either respect it or poke it. in ja'x's case he gets blown up if low hitbox characters block his main string.

lao just outfootsies jax

Jax players have been learning to fight low hitbox characters for a long time now.. Anyone that's decent isn't just going to f413 on block all day long. And literally everything Quan does, Jax has the counter for. Quan's slow speed makes him a target for jax's fast starters.
Umm, I am not saying for sure the MU is 5-5, but beside f41 jax only has one other string that falls under "fast" starter and that's 12 which the quan player will just uppercut anyway because he will be duck blocking anticipating f41. The jax player is gonna have to depend on his strings that start with 2, or b1 which are far from "fast starters", most likely the jax player will depend on jip, or risky spacing just to land them.

LEGEND

YES!
i'd like to see footage of a High level Jax player losing a single game to a scorpion. . . Hellfire and punishing the wiff of a move that doesnt even need to be used isnt going to keep Jax out of your ass. I want to hear better theory fighting or see some gameplay before i do anything
-
LAO MU: "Jax has armor" is an irrelevant fact when he has no way to build meter outside of taking damage.

Anyone care to look and match footage of PL vs Tyrant or JR and tell me what they could have done?

daddydab32ho

OZZYGUITAR

Back-dash Adam
i'd like to see footage of a High level Jax player losing a single game to a scorpion. . . Hellfire and punishing the wiff of a move that doesnt even need to be used isnt going to keep Jax out of your ass. I want to hear better theory fighting or see some gameplay before i do anything
daddydab32ho
i havent seen that matchup in tourney at this point but maybe we will soon, as far as better theory fighting, the main reason he doesnt win 7-3 is the lack of midscreen damage, the risk reward actually has potential to be in scorpions favor while midscreen, and all options in the vortex are lower risk midscreen then lets say in the cyrax mu. This matchup is not as bad as lets say cage, thats practically the definition of a 7-3, dominating footsies, and absolutely obliterating pressure midscreen and if youre in the corner, you may as well put the damn controller down. Jax is not much of a threat to scorpion unless he is 1. in your face with momentum, or 2. Pressuring in the corner with meter, thts an adv, but its no johnny cage matchup, scorpion can very much win the zoning battle and beats out jax for midscreen damage. 6-4, not to mention, like mit said, low damage=less punishing the vortex midscreen

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
I think people forgot that Jax's f4 string is 8 frames. Like he can punish d1s easily and interrupt pressure with it. His poke game is def one of the best in the game and if sit there waiting to blow the string up he can just throw you or just poke and dash back. Everything he does leaves him at neutral making f4 very powerful. The jax player just has to play more defensive against low hitbox characters baiting whiffs and interrupting pressure.

daddydab32ho

KANO, KANO, KAY-NOOOOOO , KANO (DRAKES VOICE)
-
LAO MU: "Jax has armor" is an irrelevant fact when he has no way to build meter outside of taking damage.

Anyone care to look and match footage of PL vs Tyrant or JR and tell me what they could have done?

daddydab32ho
yah man jax vs lao is a 7=3 idc what nobody has to say... kung lao disables anything a jax player has to offer... the only way jax wins at the highest level is if the lao player doesnt know the match up or just damn right gets out played which is un-likely to happen at the highest level...

daddydab32ho

i havent seen that matchup in tourney at this point but maybe we will soon, as far as better theory fighting, the main reason he doesnt win 7-3 is the lack of midscreen damage, the risk reward actually has potential to be in scorpions favor while midscreen, and all options in the vortex are lower risk midscreen then lets say in the cyrax mu. This matchup is not as bad as lets say cage, thats practically the definition of a 7-3, dominating footsies, and absolutely obliterating pressure midscreen and if youre in the corner, you may as well put the damn controller down. Jax is not much of a threat to scorpion unless he is 1. in your face with momentum, or 2. Pressuring in the corner with meter, thts an adv, but its no johnny cage matchup, scorpion can very much win the zoning battle and beats out jax for midscreen damage. 6-4, not to mention, like mit said, low damage=less punishing the vortex midscreen
jax beats scorpion im sorry... that juicy hitbox is what kills scorpion... and soo what about the hell fire's, ill eat those all day untill we get to the corner... and even if we are mid-screen, i can spam f413 and the only shot you have out is ex spear..... which is risky as well but most likely the scorpion player will land an ex spear in betweens jaxs pressure just because.. it just happends because its unexpected... and jax can punish more than 30% and if i punish vortex its not going to be just f413 you can f4 ex waves you can 12 over head ex gp, you can b12 f4 ex waves i mean the mix up games is nasty i stand by 7-3 scorpions only chance is vortex....

daddydab32ho

indeed, the reason jax doesn't 7 3 him like cage is because his pressure is good, but only gets good dmg in the corner. He can barely get a 30 percent punish on ppl, so if scorpion takes a risk, he won't get crushed like he would vs sonya, or cage bcuz cage gets free pressure after a nut punch combo. Also scorpion prevents gp use and zoning from jax. Also any whiffed dash punches= 40 pecent combo/vortex combo.
malik, you know jaxs pressure is good on high hitbox characters ... corner or not...

-

daddydab32ho
um, i'll see you at scr my friend, we can run that match and i'll show you the ways of scorpion :), slips and i agreed that scorpions for sure 7 3s are kabal, sonya, cage, and cyrax. The rest i dnt think so buddy.

malik, you know jaxs pressure is good on high hitbox characters ... corner or not...
i know, but he lacks the damage to get a legit punish on scorpion, i can take more vortex chances on him then someone like sonya. I've ran this match with you and tyrant, never have i just got dominated and just pushed around. When i play a cyrax or sonya, i feel completely disabled and basically risks are useless. Also jax can't stay grounded and if he jumps, I can AA him. gps are useless and dash punches aren't hard to whiff punish for a full combo.

daddydab32ho

i know, but he lacks the damage to get a legit punish on scorpion, i can take more vortex chances on him then someone like sonya. I've ran this match with you and tyrant, never have i just got dominated and just pushed around. When i play a cyrax or sonya, i feel completely disabled and basically risks are useless. Also jax can't stay grounded and if he jumps, I can AA him. gps are useless and dash punches aren't hard to whiff punish for a full combo.
idk man... highest level 6-4 lol and jax shouldnt be jumping on scorion.. godlike anti-
airs...

jax beats scorpion im sorry... that juicy hitbox is what kills scorpion... and soo what about the hell fire's, ill eat those all day untill we get to the corner... and even if we are mid-screen, i can spam f413 and the only shot you have out is ex spear..... which is risky as well but most likely the scorpion player will land an ex spear in betweens jaxs pressure just because.. it just happends because its unexpected... and jax can punish more than 30% and if i punish vortex its not going to be just f413 you can f4 ex waves you can 12 over head ex gp, you can b12 f4 ex waves i mean the mix up games is nasty i stand by 7-3 scorpions only chance is vortex....
dat juicy ass hitbox haha, it could be 7 3 though. I wouldn't count it out for sure. We can just run this match some and get an idea of what it should be.

daddydab32ho

i get what you saying though, i have no safe way to poke out of your pressure and jax has an 8 frame low starter, so 7 3 wouldn't be crazy. I can have a huge lead on jax and then "boom" i'm toasted haha.
yah true oh yah btw man sorry i couldnt get yall last weekend didnt have no as and forgot to call back.. but yah idk i just feel if i lose to a scorpion, its gonne be the highest level ever lol but yah idkso just you no other scorpion ever lol

yah true oh yah btw man sorry i couldnt get yall last weekend didnt have no as and forgot to call back.. but yah idk i just feel if i lose to a scorpion, its gonne be the highest level ever lol but yah idkso just you no other scorpion ever lol
haha it's cool bruh, we can play this weekend since we're out on winter break this after school is done friday. And yeah you prolly right, i dnt think any other scorpion could beat your jax in a set, i think slips would be the only other scorpion to give you that super high lvl scorp competition.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
jax beats scorpion im sorry... that juicy hitbox is what kills scorpion... and soo what about the hell fire's, ill eat those all day untill we get to the corner
You do realize Scorpion players can say the exact same thing about F413 right? lol. I'm starting to wonder if I've only gone even with Jax players because they don't take the matchup seriously.. either that or the gauntlet of Cage players out there has made it look like a miracle if F413 actually does fully connect on someone else's crouching hitbox.

Not to trying to argue or anything, I just find the "high hitbox = auto 6-4 and IDGAF about <14%" logic flawed, in that respect Jax should at minimum go 7-3 against Kenshi and we know that isn't the case.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I think Raiden vs jax is 5-5. jax is very rush down oriented and Raiden can make him whiff at any point. It comes down to just reads.

LEGEND

YES!
id change kabal to 3-7, cage to 3-7, sektor to 3-7 and reptile and mileena to 4-6
i might update some things soon, i've been meaning to but i haven't been too enthusiastic about MK9 with all the Injustice hype

The numbers you listed are possible, but look alittled out dated when grouped together. Care to list your reasoning?
-
Idk, i don't really care to discuss specific numbers anymore.

i might update some things soon, i've been meaning to but i haven't been too enthusiastic about MK9 with all the Injustice hype

The numbers you listed are possible, but look alittled out dated when grouped together. Care to list your reasoning?
-
Idk, i don't really care to discuss specific numbers anymore.
vs kabal : cant do anything but armor doesnt do enough damage, if other chars goes 4-6 then this is probably 3-7 (if im not mistakes f413 does whiff periodically)
vs sektor: cant zone or apply pressure and loses footsie battle and damage battle... armor dependent
vs cage: hard time playing footsies hard time zoning effectively, cage is dominant up close and jax's only saving grace is armor and and guessing with f4
vs reptile: cant apply decent pressure, zoning is even if not in reptiles favor, once reptile gets momentum jax is once again armor dependent
mileena: once again hitbox, and jax cannot zone, so what does he have?