What's new

General/Other - Jax Jax little too Safe?

EGP Awesomo

R.T.S.D
Why would anybody in socal waste their time asking for your opinion regarding MKX when they have actually good players like Tyrant, Theo, Slayer, and etc around, but anyway how is Jax superman 2.0? having range on your normal's isn't a rarity in this game, and the run system basically allows you to extend the range on any all your normals anyway. Also the movement in MKX isn't nearly as restrictive as it was injustice. You sure its not a Jax thing and maybe you're just free to Tyrant like you were back in MK9?

Also if you guys are failing at preemptively blowing up a Jax blindly approaching you with f21 using a neutral jump than how about you stop doing a neutral jump? A sub zero player that I always play consistently stuffs my f21 with a preemptive d4, so it is possible.
Well thats cute, you have an opinion and your entitled to it! :) anyways for the only serious question in this post, jax has alot of the same things superman has like great zoning and counter zoning(pumped up:ground pound and air ground pound, heavy weapons : rockets) great neutral (f21 is insane in the neutral, if your getting stuffed witha d4 then thats on you because that move is legit! and it cancels into a +8 projectile while although it can be neutral ducked for some reason f21 increases their hurtbox so you can gotcha grab or dash punch on a read and blow up their option to neutral duck) and his corner game is just as flowchart as supermans(once you get them with gotcha grab you d12, your at enough advantage to get a free mix up on block those strings lead into another mix up[same as before projectile, gotcha grb, dash punch or overhead dash punch] so in the corner he gets supermans pressure but with a 50/50) his pressure is very similar to supermans as well, its very "bursty" is the word Im looking for I guess.

Well thats cute, you have an opinion and your entitled to it! :) anyways for the only serious question in this post, jax has alot of the same things superman has like great zoning and counter zoning(pumped up:ground pound and air ground pound, heavy weapons : rockets) great neutral (f21 is insane in the neutral, if your getting stuffed witha d4 then thats on you because that move is legit! and it cancels into a +8 projectile while although it can be neutral ducked for some reason f21 increases their hurtbox so you can gotcha grab or dash punch on a read and blow up their option to neutral duck) and his corner game is just as flowchart as supermans(once you get them with gotcha grab you d12, your at enough advantage to get a free mix up on block those strings lead into another mix up[same as before projectile, gotcha grb, dash punch or overhead dash punch] so in the corner he gets supermans pressure but with a 50/50) his pressure is very similar to supermans as well, its very "bursty" is the word Im looking for I guess.
Jax is not as good as Superman. Tyrant is a beast with Jax and even he can win everything with Jax

Drecker

GET CITY.
Why would anybody in socal waste their time asking for your opinion regarding MKX when they have actually good players like Tyrant, Theo, Slayer, and etc around, but anyway how is Jax superman 2.0? having range on your normal's isn't a rarity in this game, and the run system basically allows you to extend the range on any all your normals anyway. Also the movement in MKX isn't nearly as restrictive as it was injustice. You sure its not a Jax thing and maybe you're just free to Tyrant like you were back in MK9?
People should listen to @Awesomo because he regularly goes dead-even with the names you mentioned (aside from Tyrant who plays with a different group) with both Jax and Cage, has found a silly amount of Jax tech along with myself and @EGP Wonder_Chef and is just a general monster. Dude is on the same level - after playing with most of them it's pretty easy to see that out here we're all pretty similarly ahead of the rest of the curve (minus myself because I'm hot garbage).

Besides, if you decided not to listen to anyone who got beasted by Tyrant in MK9, you'd be taking advice from maybe eight people. Great argument there, buddy.

Jax is not as good as Superman. Tyrant is a beast with Jax and even he can win everything with Jax
Nothing in this game (that I'm seeing) is as good as launch Superman. This is due in part to him being absolutely broken and also because this game isn't Injustice and he was just able to abuse the game mechanics (re: interactables) like no other aside from arguably Black Adam.

Before 1.06, I'm fully comfortable saying that Jax is on-par with him and superior post-final nerf. Granted this isn't Injustice, but Awesomo makes essentially all valid points in his analysis. This isn't some salty dude who got dumpstered coming in saying everything Jax has is ridiculous, this is a top level Jax player being realistic about how good the character is. If you really understand how jailing strings like f21 work in this game combined with the ability to condition your opponent, f21 xx Straight Dash / Energy Wave mixup absolutely shits on f23 xx Breath. If people are throwing out d4 between f21 xx Anything, aside from some that low profile like hell they'll get tagged. You cannot duck Jax's high-specials off of strings, this is absolutely nuts.

I can keep going, but I think you get the point. I'm sure Chef will have much more to add if he wants to post here as well.

People should listen to @Awesomo because he regularly goes dead-even with the names you mentioned (aside from Tyrant who plays with a different group) with both Jax and Cage, has found a silly amount of Jax tech along with myself and @EGP Wonder_Chef and is just a general monster. Dude is on the same level - after playing with most of them it's pretty easy to see that out here we're all pretty similarly ahead of the rest of the curve (minus myself because I'm hot garbage).

Besides, if you decided not to listen to anyone who got beasted by Tyrant in MK9, you'd be taking advice from maybe eight people. Great argument there, buddy.

Nothing in this game (that I'm seeing) is as good as launch Superman. This is due in part to him being absolutely broken and also because this game isn't Injustice and he was just able to abuse the game mechanics (re: interactables) like no other aside from arguably Black Adam.

Before 1.06, I'm fully comfortable saying that Jax is on-par with him and superior post-final nerf. Granted this isn't Injustice, but Awesomo makes essentially all valid points in his analysis. This isn't some salty dude who got dumpstered coming in saying everything Jax has is ridiculous, this is a top level Jax player being realistic about how good the character is. If you really understand how jailing strings like f21 work in this game combined with the ability to condition your opponent, f21 xx Straight Dash / Energy Wave mixup absolutely shits on f23 xx Breath. If people are throwing out d4 between f21 xx Anything, aside from some that low profile like hell they'll get tagged. You cannot duck Jax's high-specials off of strings, this is absolutely nuts.

I can keep going, but I think you get the point. I'm sure Chef will have much more to add if he wants to post here as well.
Kung jin, Sub and Quan are good as Superman, don't think they should be nerfed. You people are going to get one of the most balanced characters "Jax" nerfed and leave op BS in this game.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Jax is not to safe. Kung jin is to safe, his ex wakeup is op can do it over and over. Kung jin braindead crazy mid screen combos that you can get off with no work. Tyrant knows this match up and forever king don't know it as well he still beat him with little work. So how is jax to safe?
If Justin has the Wong Factor, Tyrant has the "Fucking Tyrant Factor" there is indeed some kind of force that activates, those Jax, holy shit

EGP Awesomo

R.T.S.D
Kung jin, Sub and Quan are good as Superman, don't think they should be nerfed. You people are going to get one of the most balanced characters "Jax" nerfed and leave op BS in this game.
downplay much? Sub and Jin are good jax is easily on the same level as them, quan gets shut down hella easily by jax. I play against chef on a regular basis. Once you get in quan has no options

Crathen

Death is my business
I'm new to MK (and NRS) for the most part. Out of curiosity, why are cross-ups something that have to be dealt with? With the block button, aren't they already 'dealt with' in a sense relative to other fighters?
Crossups ( especially punches ) give you free pressure strings as long it's not slow as molasses and pressure strings could mean a tick throw , a low/overhead and on top of that chip so you really want to punish their attempt at getting that advantage and get some damage while doing so.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
So what strings have these gaps?

Also, i'm writing to make sure i understand something about Jax: So if he does F21 xx energy wave, the energy wave can't be duck blocked? You would have to let go of block in order for it to whiff?

I'm asking because i know that he has a lot of options in his F212 string and I'm trying to understand the meta.

So what strings have these gaps?

Also, i'm writing to make sure i understand something about Jax: So if he does F21 xx energy wave, the energy wave can't be duck blocked? You would have to let go of block in order for it to whiff?

I'm asking because i know that he has a lot of options in his F212 string and I'm trying to understand the meta.
Yes since all high attacks still hit if your ducking ,you have to release block while ducking if you don't want to be -8 on block if u guess wrong Overhead smash if u guess right u go for a punish.