What's new

General/Other - Jax Jax little too Safe?

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Yeah I have yet to not get totally bodied by a Jax player. I feel like the only use of meter in the MU is to get him the fuck off of me and I have a lot of trouble winning in the neutral. Gotta play it more...

He is very safe blockstring-wise but in the end every character will usually just resort to their safe options for footsies and pressure. What's weird is how safe his unsafe-looking specials are. I think he's godlike because of how good his pressure is and how weirdly kind of good his zoning is on top of that. Why is a rushdown character's projectile +8 on block?

Sub, Quan and Jin are in the top 5. Jax is not in the top 5 may not be in the top 10.
Really not even top 10 are you kidding? Once u get in Quan cheese face he has no option but d3 or 2 and on knockdown quan not only has to guess the 50/50 but hes only wakeup only has armor on startup can get be uppercutted and is hella unsafe on block. In warlock he gets armorable wakeup that whiffs point blank. Just cuz a character in game full of vortexes has a vortex doesn't make him top 3. And ive seen people blocking the bat "unblockable" or even armoring through.

Really not even top 10 are you kidding? Once u get in Quan cheese face he has no option but d3 or 2 and on knockdown quan not only has to guess the 50/50 but hes only wakeup only has armor on startup can get be uppercutted and is hella unsafe on block. In warlock he gets armorable wakeup that whiffs point blank. Just cuz a character in game full of vortexes has a vortex doesn't make him top 3. And ive seen people blocking the bat "unblockable" or even armoring through.
When you have a great vortex you are really good, not hard to understand

I think Jax is as good as them too.

Nothing wrong with admitting your character is that strong.
Sometimes I think players are way too obsessed with string gaps or something being like -3 or -4. In a real match when thinking comes down to split seconds, it's not like people are going to play perfectly. People write off certain things as soon as they see "gap" or "-2 on block." Maybe Jax isn't 100% safe, but his offense still has a lot of capability to be strong.

RM slacked

Shinnok trash from Canada.
@Circus I completely agree with this. People need to stop with the complaints that he's too safe when they need to learn how to poke out. I got bodied earlier by a good summoner quan player because he still has trouble getting in against really good zoning characters.

smh. you people honestly disappoint me watching some of these comments. only people like @TomlulsBrady understand tyrant BS. d1d2 is -fckin 8 not +30. jax is not OP. jax is not an issue. he is a great solid character. he doesnt have stupid overhead lows. people jump after restanding gotcha. you can poke outta energy wave. jax doesnt have ice clones to protect him all day or retarded bats that are +46. he has 40% meterlesses in the corner. like some people have that all around the map. u gotta waste a bar for a CHANCE at a midscreen combo lol. about his damage. if they honestly patch it he would be one of the worst. people love his damage. honestly hes supposed to have that hes a power rushdown character. god bless nrs for not making him have 50/50 resets. yea u gotta guess is the corner but the back 2 option select if u miss leaves u -7 .__.hes solid get over it stop trying to make everyone in this game broken. im nowhere saying this game is balanced but everyone has the potential to be good.

DISCLAIMER: ITS WEEK 2

Last edited:

ciaran carrick

Lars a noob
I mean he's "safe" to a point, but you can punish by ducking without holding block. By definition I don't think that's safe
You've balls the size of boulders if you duck within overhead lunge range.

I think the problem is that he has none, he has no glaring weaknesses.

He has pretty much everything.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
No glaring weaknesses? Have you seen his midscreen damage? You're lucky if you break 23%, and every combo ends his momentum. He has to take extreme risks to break armor, and his 1-bar midscreen combo essentially doesn't work on female characters. His +7 projectile pushes the opponent back too far to really capitalize on the advantage. To get his high damage in the corner he has to rely on a -16 special.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a really strong character, but his bs doesn't come close to the other bs you see with Quan, KJ, Ermac, Scorpion, Sonya (50% xray!!!), SZ, etc.

Bender

Product Manager. xBone tag: I3end3r.
Lol this is this thread serious? If they nerf Jax's block strings to - anything he becomes terrible. He's already hard as shit to execute with and if your footies are decent or even if you only know how to do an armor reversal, his pressure slows down a lot.

He is strong, but not broken. There are 3 characters that piss me off in this game and he is definitely not one of them.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
No glaring weaknesses? Have you seen his midscreen damage? You're lucky if you break 23%, and every combo ends his momentum. He has to take extreme risks to break armor, and his 1-bar midscreen combo essentially doesn't work on female characters. His +7 projectile pushes the opponent back too far to really capitalize on the advantage. To get his high damage in the corner he has to rely on a -16 special.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a really strong character, but his bs doesn't come close to the other bs you see with Quan, KJ, Ermac, Scorpion, Sonya (50% xray!!!), SZ, etc.
Every combo ending his momentum is absolute horsehit. In Pumped Up every combo ends in a restand into run in pressure.

Hes top 10 maybe top 5, his damage has little to do with how good he is. I dont think he should be nerfed except for energy wave not being as plus as it is.