What's new

Jax General Discussion

Since we are complaining why does cetrion get the ground pound cancel but Jax doesn’t even though it was apart of his moveset before?

Grinnin is really fun man, i dont want to go back to HK but its clearly the better VAR

also the poke game needs a revamp

Last edited:
Guys how do you deal with cetrion as hunker down, its pain in the ass, any gopd player here know her gaps or somwthing

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Guys how do you deal with cetrion as hunker down, its pain in the ass, any gopd player here know her gaps or somwthing
Her boulder if u jump over it she has to geyser/earthquake u to check u cuz if she tries to throw another one u can bf2 her for an ez kb. Her earthquake in FoN has a gap between the two hits tho she can now cancel the gap and do smt else but her cancels are -4 on block and +18 on hit. her air fire beam u can up thumper it and her regular is unsafe and her amp is safe on block but regardless it is ur turn after that. Bf2 amp is a good check to some of her strings that push back a lot since most cetrions will back dash away and once u condition them to not do that u can stary dash cancelling ur f2. Once u get in ur practically fucking her up since her wakeups are ass. Also her wall if she tries doing say d1 into wall u can poke her out of it but it's hard to do online

In your guys opinion is Nightwolf the best grappler alternative to Hunker Down Jax? I love grapplers so I’ve played Jax, Geras, Kano and a bit of Nightwolf.

Trouble is I find Jax, Geras and Kano all have the same issue with being whiff punished or zoned to death. I know zoning is the primary counter to any rush down character but I’m looking for the best alternative to eradicate some of the counter picking going on in KL.

So I s Nightwolfs Reflect/Teleport, F1,2 and Bow enough to tip the matchup in his favour? Ancestral Gift gets mad oki but the damage is ass, is Jax/Geras still the better choice? Won’t even talk about Kano cause he’s terrible unfortunately.

What are you guys doing after KB B2? in the corner im bust doing B2KB>F4 BF2
B2 KB dash D12, F33, Quad Grab KB gives you 461.48 - 502.20 depending on arm heat. Also, you can end it with fatal blow if you used the Quad Grab KB already but it scales heavily and only does 449.10 - 454.28 depending on arm heat. You can also end it in gotcha grab which if you only do 1's will give you 281.31 - 301.81 again depending on arm heat. you could even end it with the 22 1+3 KB for 407.95. You have alot of options for different enders and such. All jax is are staggers and mixups. And a quick tip, if someone is constantly pressing buttons on wake up, specifically U2 or U3, meaty them with F33 as soon as they're getting up. you'll hit them out of the start up frames and beat their wake up every time. if anyone wants some more help with combo potentials or setups, add me on xbox at BR4E Ninja or DM me on here if you want.

In your guys opinion is Nightwolf the best grappler alternative to Hunker Down Jax? I love grapplers so I’ve played Jax, Geras, Kano and a bit of Nightwolf.

Trouble is I find Jax, Geras and Kano all have the same issue with being whiff punished or zoned to death. I know zoning is the primary counter to any rush down character but I’m looking for the best alternative to eradicate some of the counter picking going on in KL.

So I s Nightwolfs Reflect/Teleport, F1,2 and Bow enough to tip the matchup in his favour? Ancestral Gift gets mad oki but the damage is ass, is Jax/Geras still the better choice? Won’t even talk about Kano cause he’s terrible unfortunately.
Nightwolf is good if you have fast reflexes. you need to hit the reflect without knowing when theyre throwing something. but practice makes perfect. i like jax against zoning characters because his BF2 KB from mid to far range is gret for getting in but only if theyre close to the corner. with jax you just need to pressure pressure pressure. but kano isnt a bad choice. if you use his 2nd variation if you have vege-mighty active his kano ball goes through just about any projectile and leaves you pretty close for the pressure. just about any character you choose can be good against zoners, you just need to know how to use them well enough. Good Luck, its rought in KL!

F33xxbf2ex,22xxgotcha
Jax isnt about combos. his damage solely comes from pressure, staggers and KB's hes got 3 KB's they dont require anyting besides hitting the right move, and you get another with full heat. thats all you need. but if you can read the teleport and he doesnt have defensive meter to breakaway. CRANK THAT D2 KB into full combo. you have plenty of options for combos and enders specificlly. but if he has break then wait to use the KB, instead just go with 1 of his 4 grabs (lol), F33, F2, or 22 all followed by 1+3 and take the oki.

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
Jax isnt about combos. his damage solely comes from pressure, staggers and KB's hes got 3 KB's they dont require anyting besides hitting the right move, and you get another with full heat. thats all you need. but if you can read the teleport and he doesnt have defensive meter to breakaway. CRANK THAT D2 KB into full combo. you have plenty of options for combos and enders specificlly. but if he has break then wait to use the KB, instead just go with 1 of his 4 grabs (lol), F33, F2, or 22 all followed by 1+3 and take the oki.
Bitch pls, dont try To tell me how jax works, GB is about combos very much. HD, not so much, but u have to now ur combos if u land a AA, big dmg coming

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: PlayingNeutral
I think Jax is about combos because I use GB Jax. Question for everyone; does Jax's 22 wiff, sometimes whether on hit or block the second hit [mid] wiffs for me its a mid for frames sake.