What's new

Jax General Discussion

ATIWAB

Noob
bf2 EX is definitely 'better' because it will eat the d3, but you still give up your turn and lose a bar if they didn't d3, same as just blocking. You're basically spending the bar for the potential of a damage payout, which like you said is just something you need to make a decision on.
I prefer the BF2 amp because people will try to punish it on block with their fastest pokes, which are almost always highs, so on block you just D1 DB1/D2 KB/any other low profile and they almost always eat it and you keep your pressure up. Not giving up pressure nearly as much as when you're trying to read a block IMO. YMMV but try it out. Only thing it loses to is their D1 poke on reaction to the Amp.

ATIWAB

Noob
Is everyone else still doing 1 FF 12 FF D12 for their AA starters, or have you all started using something with easier/less droppable inputs? It's pretty engrained in muscle memory now, but the more I fuck with it the more I'm starting to think that 1 F4 is better for everything except building heat. The double-missile KB is too picky about how high up in the AA you hit them anyway so can't even argue it's worth it for that vs just getting it off the B2KB.

1 F4 DBF1 still lets you hit the QG KB and does 1% less damage than landing the 1 FF 12 FF D12 DBF1 with much more forgiving timing. Can also easily BF4 or Gotcha off it and does more damage than a 1 F33.

Is everyone else still doing 1 FF 12 FF D12 for their AA starters, or have you all started using something with easier/less droppable inputs? It's pretty engrained in muscle memory now, but the more I fuck with it the more I'm starting to think that 1 F4 is better for everything except building heat. The double-missile KB is too picky about how high up in the AA you hit them anyway so can't even argue it's worth it for that vs just getting it off the B2KB.

1 F4 DBF1 still lets you hit the QG KB and does 1% less damage than landing the 1 FF 12 FF D12 DBF1 with much more forgiving timing. Can also easily BF4 or Gotcha off it and does more damage than a 1 F33.
Honestly I just d12, d12 after an anti air cuz everything else I can drop at times. Like yeah I know I’m leaving damage off the table but I just can’t stand dropping something

ATIWAB

Noob
Honestly I just d12, d12 after an anti air cuz everything else I can drop at times. Like yeah I know I’m leaving damage off the table but I just can’t stand dropping something
D12 D12 DB1 isn't too bad, tons of heat and I think ~18% off a 0 heat AA S1, but if you mean you stop after the second D12, yeah, leaving a lot of damage out there.

D12 D12 DB1 isn't too bad, tons of heat and I think ~18% off a 0 heat AA S1, but if you mean you stop after the second D12, yeah, leaving a lot of damage out there.
No lmao I didn’t bother to write the rest cuz you didn’t so d12 d12 gotcha as you said and sometimes d12 d12 cmd grab (do the inputs without expending bar) or for more damage d12 d12 cmd grab kb. Usually if I kb em after an anti air they won’t jump again lmao

ATIWAB

Noob
No lmao I didn’t bother to write the rest cuz you didn’t so d12 d12 gotcha as you said and sometimes d12 d12 cmd grab (do the inputs without expending bar) or for more damage d12 d12 cmd grab kb. Usually if I kb em after an anti air they won’t jump again lmao
Ah, yeah I hate doing the D12 D12 QG, I've had it whiff underneath them because they hadn't fallen enough from the second D12 way too many times. If it's not that, it's fucking Thumper coming out because I tried putting in the DBF1 before the 2 came out.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
I find it super annoying that b1 air grab only works depending on the height and direction you AA ur opponents at. Esp if u catch them jumping back with b1 and the air grab just whiffs.

ATIWAB

Noob
On AA I typically just do...

1(the AA) then:
F2 1+3
or
dash 12 gotcha

pretty simple, but rarely drop
I used to intentionally do F2 1+3 but FF 22 1+3 does 2% more damage and builds more heat and catches exactly the same, so I go for that now instead since there have been a few times I've built up JUST enough heat from that second extra hit to get the KB. Worst case scenario you fuck up the dash input and still get a F2 1+3 either way, so it's got some error tolerance.

Now I mostly just do 1 F4 into everything, though.

I find it super annoying that b1 air grab only works depending on the height and direction you AA ur opponents at. Esp if u catch them jumping back with b1 and the air grab just whiffs.
Yeah, it's def inconsistent on AA, but I like throwing out the JI D+L1 on those instead of relying on the B1, which I feel like NEVER gets mentioned as part of his kit for some reason. If I'm doing B1 BF4 it's usually all on the ground.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Yeah, it's def inconsistent on AA, but I like throwing out the JI D+L1 on those instead of relying on the B1, which I feel like NEVER gets mentioned as part of his kit for some reason. If I'm doing B1 BF4 it's usually all on the ground.
I wish b1 did have more vertical reach. It's not too bad as it does remind me of ninjutsu scorpion's b2 with how it works but it deceptively doesn't have as much reach as it looks like it should or air grab reaching higher since it seems to get beat out by jump attacks rather often due him not getting too high

ATIWAB

Noob
I wish b1 did have more vertical reach. It's not too bad as it does remind me of ninjutsu scorpion's b2 with how it works but it deceptively doesn't have as much reach as it looks like it should or air grab reaching higher since it seems to get beat out by jump attacks rather often due him not getting too high
I've gotten to the point I stop using it for AA at all tbh.

I use it to:

• Hail Mary BF1 BF4 attempt from outside footsies range on someone walking in
• Hit JI2 full charge B2 non-KB B1 BF4 Amp for 30-34% if I've already used the B2 KB earlier in the round
• try to be fancy in corner juggles

Other than that it's not really part of my kit.

I can't remember the exact number, but the raw b1xxbf4 amp combo does surprising damage. Only problem is it's crazy to commit to unless you're positive you'll hit the aa.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
you can also connect d12 d12xxdb1 off b1, you just need to connect at the right height or be close-ish to the corner

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
I'd rather just hit the D+L1 than try to connect off a B1 tbh
Its consistent with solid damage when you know how and when to use it. Particularly useful against people who try to njp our advancing buttons.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Finally got the gotcha grab brutality after spending 3,000,000+ coins in the krypt. Only thing I want that I don't have is the klassic arms.