What's new

Jax Frame Data

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Okay...I gotta ask something here.

From what I read here, Jax is at neutral after his f4 1 3 string is blocked. When I fought EGP_TYRANT at MLG using Sonya, I tried to retaliate with a 6-frame counterpoke after blocking the last hit of the string, yet his 8-frame f4 was somehow able to beat it out, particularly at the corner. I do not understand this scenario. Could anybody clear this up for me? Maybe I didn't time my poke correctly, but it's possible there are other reasons.

And yes, I know the string can be interrupted in-between both its gaps.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.

From what I read here, Jax is at neutral after his f4 1 3 string is blocked. When I fought EGP_TYRANT at MLG using Sonya, I tried to retaliate with a 6-frame counterpoke after blocking the last hit of the string, yet his 8-frame f4 was somehow able to beat it out, particularly at the corner. I do not understand this scenario. Could anybody clear this up for me? Maybe I didn't time my poke correctly, but it's possible there are other reasons.

Random block advantage.

LEGEND

YES!

1) spacing
2) Tyrant is a fucking machine and if you mistime anything you will get blown up
3) corner has random advantage but low hitbox characters can release block after F4 and blow up the F4(1) as it wiffs

and PS: counter-poking is what Jax players want you to do

His F413 has random block advantage. If you see the Knee go through your torso, it has advantage.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Somberness

F4,1 has +23 hit cancel advantage yet Energy Wave (22 frame) can't combo.

Could the hit cancel advantage value slightly off?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
What's this random advantage shiznit everyone is still trying to fall back on lol, 6 and 8 frame normals in a game that runs at 60FPS are 1/10th and 1/7.5th of a second respectively are dubious commitments no matter what way you look at it.

No offense but I swear some of you guys are under the mindset of "this number < that number and therefore move A should beat move B", nobody can say for sure how many frames of blockstun the human mind can misinterpret in 1/20th of a second.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
What's this random advantage shiznit everyone is still trying to fall back on lol, 6 and 8 frame normals in a game that runs at 60FPS are 1/10th and 1/7.5th of a second respectively are dubious commitments no matter what way you look at it.

No offense but I swear some of you guys are under the mindset of "this number < that number and therefore move A should beat move B", nobody can say for sure how many frames of blockstun the human mind can misinterpret in 1/20th of a second.
You are incorrect sir.. I am programmed to make no unintentional errors.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Does no one realize that random advantage only affects jumping?

lawgamer

Noob
Cancel Advantage (hit)
1 - +63
1,2 - +40
1,2,3 - +39
2 - +21
2,1 - +21
2,2 - +34
2,F+2 - +15
3 - +21
4 - +36
D+1 - +15
D+1 (vs crouch) - +13
D+3 - +12
D+3 (vs crouch) - +19
D+4 - +32
D+4 (vs crouch) - +25
B+1 - +21
B+1,2 - +21
B+1,2,4 - +66, +49
F+3 - +22
F+4 - +30
F+4,1 - +23

It seems that Jax is able to land Dash Punch (execution 12-17) after canceled D+4. But I can't do it. And if I cancel 1,2,3 into Gotcha, even the grab itself doesn't combo.

Am I missing something?

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
It seems that Jax is able to land Dash Punch (execution 12-17) after canceled D+4. But I can't do it. And if I cancel 1,2,3 into Gotcha, even the grab itself doesn't combo.

Am I missing something?
Specials don't connect after d1, d3, d4 and full strings on hit.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Wow, I just realized, Jax's 1 is +63 cancel advantage on hit and Jade's is +13. Maaan.

lawgamer

Noob
Specials don't connect after d1, d3, d4 and full strings on hit.
I can connect Gotcha Grab after 1,2 (+40 cancel advantage) , but opponents blocks it after 1,2,3 (+39). Why?

I've read http://testyourmight.com/threads/general-mk9-frame-data-info.15988/ If I understand it correctly the real advantage for Gotcha Grab = "numbers in this thread" - 27 (gotcha duration). So in the case of canceled D+4 it's actually +5 (-2 on crouch)? Am I right?

If so, than it's a lot slower recovery compared to simple Hit advantage.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I can connect Gotcha Grab after 1,2 (+40 cancel advantage) , but opponents blocks it after 1,2,3 (+39). Why?

I've read http://testyourmight.com/threads/general-mk9-frame-data-info.15988/ If I understand it correctly the real advantage for Gotcha Grab = "numbers in this thread" - 27 (gotcha duration). So in the case of canceled D+4 it's actually +5 (-2 on crouch)? Am I right?

1,2 is just a part of the full 1,2,3 string, that is why it connects. This is called 2-in-1, when you can cancel a part of a string into a special. A full string will never cancel into a special, at least in MK9.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!

Specials don't link after a full string. It's good for continuing pressure though due to the blockstun on GG.

Wow, I just realized, Jax's 1 is +63 cancel advantage on hit and Jade's is +13. Maaan.
For an extravagant 20% BNB!

Edit: actually that IS a lot, is 1xxground pound guaranteed? :confused: