What's new

General/Other - Jason Voorhees Jason's d1 - stupid or not?

Pre patch when I played against a Jason with my tremor or Lui if they kept spamming it after like the 3rd one u get pushed enough back to which he will whiff his d1 and I just armored launched his ass for a full combo most Jason players stop spamming after I was doing it a few times but now it's -4 so u have way more options now

omooba

fear the moobs
NOTHING NEEDS TO HAPPEN WITH THIS BUTTON ANYMORE! People. Move the fuck on. We've been through this. Not only was it changed but so was every damn poke in the game to be 8f or faster. That means NO ONE should be having a ton of issues with this unless they're making the mistake.
lol calm down boi i'm agreeing with you sheesh

E

Eldriken

A better question: Are topics about Jason's d1 stupid or not yet? Not the best poke in the game at all. It's on par with the other good d1s.

If it had the range of Kotal's or Kitana's, then there may be an issue. But it doesn't, so it's fine. Be glad it's -4 instead of -2.

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
-10?!

I was on the front lines saying that d1 should not be -2, as I'm sure some of you will remember from that death thread @CrazyFingers made :DOGE

-4 is fine enough since 9 frame pokes are of the past. Git Gud sir.

Belial

Noob
There is a pattern with NRS d1's that looks like this
i6 -5 on block, +15 on hit
i7 -4 on block, +16 on hit
i8 -3 on block +17 on hit

Why does Jason need to be an exception is an open question.

haketh

Noob
There is a pattern with NRS d1's that looks like this
i6 -5 on block, +15 on hit
i7 -4 on block, +16 on hit
i8 -3 on block +17 on hit

Why does Jason need to be an exception is an open question.
Because exceptions to rules exist in FGs & it's a part of what makes them fun b

Belial

Noob
Stubby range.
its how every other generic d1 in the game is. Some exceptions are present but its different moves unlike regular d1.

Im not questioning whether Jason d1 should be changed just pointing out that its not following pattern NRS established.

In my own opinion identical moves are bad design and also pokes in NRS games are terribly implemented, but thats a completely different topic

haketh

Noob
In my own opinion identical moves are bad design and also pokes in NRS games are terribly implemented, but thats a completely different topic
I think a lot of it has to do with going with 3D game frame data design in a 2D game but yeah that's a whole nother topic

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
There may have been argument for its stupidity before it was nerfed when it was -2. This thread should have been made like a month ago.