What's new

[January 6-8] APEX 2012! New Brunswick, NJ: MK9, SSF4AE, UMvC3, SSBM, SSBB, Pokemon

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I have a few questions before I go 100% into this.

How many set ups will Mortal Kombat be allowed to have? I'm mainly concerned because now that this is just a 1 day tournament, I don't want to be here till 3am. I plan on driving there and back the same day since it's only 2 hours away.

Is Kombat Network officially running brackets?

What is the entrance fee for Mortal Kombat? I only see a $30 entrance fee for Smash. A $30 fee for a one day tournament is pretty pricey, mainly when there are two other MK tournament's the following two weekends (with only $10 entry fees).

Thank you ahead of time for addressing my concerns.

^^THis , ETA on when it will end?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
What's the expected turnout for MK? I don't want to drive all the way to Jersey for a glorified local.

Noob
KombatNetwork is running pools for this but not the stream. I may be on stream doing some commentary for it, but as of now all I know is that I'll be running pools. I'll let you know more soon.

Ether

Noob
You're not actually coming up here for APEX are you!?

Also thanks to no one for answering my questions. :throwcomputer:
The $30 fee is set in stone. As stated above, pools are being run by the Kombat Network. Local Battles is providing the setups.

There is VERY large news being revealed about this tournament on January 3! Stay tuned, everyone!

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I was considering it but now trying to figure out if I can come to WB
:D :D :D. Dude. Sweet.

I really wanna come out for this, but chances are work is gonna get in the way :(.
Although depending on the size of this on the 3'rd news, that may be a different story, or at least a reason to try harder to get out for it.

Fingers crossed.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!!
Yuuuuuuuuuup this tourney is the first EVO qualifier. Soooooooo wanted to drop the bomb earlier but we weren't allowed to. :/

BUT DON'T FORGET!! If you're NOT registering for Smash, you can register at the door. I just do not know if you need to do anything extra off the top of my head. (I think you can just show up and be like "Yo screw wack bros, I wanna play MK9")

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
I'm leaving straight from work tonight at 12am, can't wait to see some of you guys :)

localbattles

Gaming Center
I would like to clarify that some of the confusion by the information on Shoryuken and even Apex's own site about the MK9 start times.

It is a 1 Day Sat only event - Signups are @ 12:00PM and starts at 1:00PM.

Local Battles is providing the equipment but if the community would like to bring additional PS3 and copies of MK and if space is available we can add casuals. First time Evo seeds points would be awarded for MK... hope to see everyone out.

Best Regards,

Jon from Local Battles

Thinking of going to this as a spectator. It's only an hour away so it sounds like fun. Maybe I'll bring the camcorder for interviews.

DarKNaTaS

Retired!
I would like to clarify that some of the confusion by the information on Shoryuken and even Apex's own site about the MK9 start times.

Local Battles is providing the equipment but if the community would like to bring additional PS3 and copies of MK and if space is available we can add casuals. First time Evo seeds points would be awarded for MK... hope to see everyone out.

Best Regards,

Jon from Local Battles
thank you for the info.

Best Regards,

Jon from Local Battles
Thanks for the info. But do you know why does the Apex site have the wrong time? Was it recently changed? I don't want to get there at 12pm and it had already started 2 hours before.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
so wtf is going on with the stream for this? Darknatas tweeted that pools started like 30 mins ago but Bifuteki has been showing SF all day.