What's new

[January 6-8] APEX 2012! New Brunswick, NJ: MK9, SSF4AE, UMvC3, SSBM, SSBB, Pokemon

Noob
First off, sorry for not being on point with the replies. Thank you for the mentions, I kept wandering down to my region threads.

If you want to do so, I can put you in contact with the person who's running everything on that. I'm basically a messenger who's relaying info from various places.

-As of now, MK9 is entirely on Saturday- We're trying to work stuff out to get MK9 to be two days. Honestly, if it's two days, the 2nd day will be no more than Top 8 (That's an FYI if you're assuming it'll be day 1 pools, day 2 brackets or something to that effect.)

We are working to try to make this happen (like, I'm literally sitting in an Apex meeting RIGHT NOW talking to people about all of this).

If Kombat Network seriously wants to get up on this, I'll hit you up.

If you want two days, it's looking like a numbers thing, but we're working on it!

I'm not going to leave you hanging. Sorry for the long wait!
I think that, given the time you're looking to start, a single day for MK9 will suffice on Saturday. We ran an 84 player, 4 pool tournament down to top 8 in 6-7 hours at NEC and there were only 2 of us running the pools on 7 setups.

If need be, Kombat Network can do all the pool and bracket seeding.

We also need to make sure that the tournament will have a sufficient amount of systems(PS3), games, and monitors(lagless, 2ms asus or acer monitors). I sent you a pm, feel free to call me.

Tim Static

Adminerator
If you want to do so, I can put you in contact with the person who's running everything on that. I'm basically a messenger who's relaying info from various places.

-As of now, MK9 is entirely on Saturday- We're trying to work stuff out to get MK9 to be two days. Honestly, if it's two days, the 2nd day will be no more than Top 8 (That's an FYI if you're assuming it'll be day 1 pools, day 2 brackets or something to that effect.)

We are working to try to make this happen (like, I'm literally sitting in an Apex meeting RIGHT NOW talking to people about all of this).

If Kombat Network seriously wants to get up on this, I'll hit you up.

If you want two days, it's looking like a numbers thing, but we're working on it!

I'm not going to leave you hanging. Sorry for the long wait!
Ok cool. PM me & [MENTION=58]9.95[/MENTION] as he would be the man running things. Sounds like a great opportunity :)

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
75% in for this :D.
The first tourney of the year, not far from my backyard, with vVv, VSM and hopefully more of the hype machines in tow?
Yeah, I can't pass that up.
LET'S TALK APEX, FELLAS ^^ ! Who of a high standing can be talked into coming out for this? You know you wanna...

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
I'm 75% for this. Need to finish planning and [MENTION=5334]mcpeanuts[/MENTION] texted me today and said he was 100% confirmed and registered.

[MENTION=58]9.95[/MENTION] check your PM's I sent you a message mostly regarding the VSM before this tournament.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
I want to go to this.
It'll be nice to see some old friends...and perhaps I can get some Melee casuals in with the three CD's.

ApexSeries

Planning Apex 2014
Not a major, but more like a Smash Bros. major with other games there...
Hey all,

I am the person overseeing Apex 2012. I wanted to let you know we are doing everything in our power to make this as big as possible. That is why we added the $500 pot bonus to MK9 , UMVC3, and AE2012. We want to build this and be seen more as an event that showcases all fighting games not just Super Smash Bros. We know that there is a stigma with our community but all of our staff is involved in multiple games. The person in charge of Fighting Games, DmBrandon, is a well-versed player in UMVC3 and SSB games.

So I know this is something we can make special and, while this is our first year into traditional fighting games, we want to make this great. Please support us and if there is anything we can do to make this even better let us know or please e-mail us personally at [email protected] . We will support you guys 110%

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Hey all,

I am the person overseeing Apex 2012. I wanted to let you know we are doing everything in our power to make this as big as possible. That is why we added the $500 pot bonus to MK9 , UMVC3, and AE2012. We want to build this and be seen more as an event that showcases all fighting games not just Super Smash Bros. We know that there is a stigma with our community but all of our staff is involved in multiple games. The person in charge of Fighting Games, DmBrandon, is a well-versed player in UMVC3 and SSB games.

So I know this is something we can make special and, while this is our first year into traditional fighting games, we want to make this great. Please support us and if there is anything we can do to make this even better let us know or please e-mail us personally at [email protected] . We will support you guys 110%
I didn't forget about your email, btw!

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!!
is this a major?
Not a major, but more like a Smash Bros. major with other games there...
Na. That's how everybody's looking at it cause Apex2010 was a smash event, but ALL of the main games are getting the same treatment. There's actually been more legwork done for MK9, UMvC3, and AE2012 than there has been for anything else.

People keep trying to push it off as a smash tourney because the main staff are/were smash players.

__

PIG I KNOW I MENTIONED THIS TO YOU AT THE BNB LAST MONTH! (or maybe I mentioned it to redd and saw you near by). If you can make it, I'd say you should give it a shot.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
[MENTION=5003]SwiftTomHanks[/MENTION] Look forward to seeing you again dude

Death

Noob
I think that, given the time you're looking to start, a single day for MK9 will suffice on Saturday. We ran an 84 player, 4 pool tournament down to top 8 in 6-7 hours at NEC and there were only 2 of us running the pools on 7 setups.

If need be, Kombat Network can do all the pool and bracket seeding.

We also need to make sure that the tournament will have a sufficient amount of systems(PS3), games, and monitors(lagless, 2ms asus or acer monitors). I sent you a pm, feel free to call me.
You da man! But lets not put Reo vs Death 1st rd. lol.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
I have a few questions before I go 100% into this.

How many set ups will Mortal Kombat be allowed to have? I'm mainly concerned because now that this is just a 1 day tournament, I don't want to be here till 3am. I plan on driving there and back the same day since it's only 2 hours away.

Is Kombat Network officially running brackets?

What is the entrance fee for Mortal Kombat? I only see a $30 entrance fee for Smash. A $30 fee for a one day tournament is pretty pricey, mainly when there are two other MK tournament's the following two weekends (with only $10 entry fees).

Thank you ahead of time for addressing my concerns.

Ether

Noob
[MENTION=5003]SwiftTomHanks[/MENTION]

Should have the exact answers to those questions some time today.

[MENTION=275]Pig Of The Hut[/MENTION]

$500 pot bonus bro. Definitely a major, Apex is going to be huge. Come play my CSZ =D

Two more weeks, fellas!

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!!
My bad on going ghost again, I was in St. Louis this week at a funeral. D:
I have a few questions before I go 100% into this.
I know two people've said this already, but we're going to get the answers to your questions. I don't have them myself, but we will have them answered soon!