What's new

Jade General Discussion Thread

Espio

Kokomo
Okay so customs is a huge victory for us because it allows us to close up some of Jade's gaps while also retaining zoning if we want or doubling down on options.

I'm glad I held off on making guides for my mains till the patch announcement of information!

What are you guys thinking for your loadouts?

I'm shooting for an MK9 themed loadout with: pole vault, air glaive and AMP shadow kick for safe shadow kick options. I think that might be a good combo.

I also like: Delia's dance, low spark and air glaive if you want more of a restand pressure and zoning build.

There's not a whole lot of crazy stuff she has so I'm thinking there won't be any major changes to her moves for customs.

If she gets some decent buffs too she'll be sitting really pretty.

Where can I learn everything I need to know about Jade so I can start winning online???
What do you want to know? I got good Jade knowledge.

Benlo

PrayforSareena
I think I'll go with : upward razor-rang / delia dance / pole vault

If only Deadly Assassin wasn't full of dial-in combos...

abyson

Noob
Okay so customs is a huge victory for us because it allows us to close up some of Jade's gaps while also retaining zoning if we want or doubling down on options.

I'm glad I held off on making guides for my mains till the patch announcement of information!

What are you guys thinking for your loadouts?

I'm shooting for an MK9 themed loadout with: pole vault, air glaive and AMP shadow kick for safe shadow kick options. I think that might be a good combo.

I also like: Delia's dance, low spark and air glaive if you want more of a restand pressure and zoning build.

There's not a whole lot of crazy stuff she has so I'm thinking there won't be any major changes to her moves for customs.

If she gets some decent buffs too she'll be sitting really pretty.

What do you want to know? I got good Jade knowledge.
im thinking air glaives delias dance and the teleport for geras matchup

Espio

Kokomo
I think I'll go with : upward razor-rang / delia dance / pole vault

If only Deadly Assassin wasn't full of dial-in combos...
That's an interesting combo, I will have to see how that plays out.

im thinking air glaives delias dance and the teleport for geras matchup
Air glaive to me is a must because since she can alter her jump arc it allows her more mix ups and mind games even if you aren't trying to zone.

I'll have to see it, I never see people using Untameable against Geras so I haven't seen how effective that is, but I'm excited.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Delia Dance is going to be insane. Imagine Kitana's Razors but you can stagger it, it hits low, and jails off pokes.

This is a huge win for Jade!

As for what to pair it with? Air Razor Rang and Pole Vault seems nice. That being said..

KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE PARRY GUYS, THEY MIGHT MAKE IT A LAUNCHER.

abyson

Noob
but it stays the same i think delias dance is what completes deadly assassin it van plug most gaps for safety
and you can frustrate your opponent by making super long block combos like 3 2 2 delias dance b343 delias dance

Last edited:

Benlo

PrayforSareena
but it stays the same i think delias dance is what completes deadly assassin it van plug most gaps for safety
and you can frustrate your opponent by making super long block combos like 3 2 2 delias dance b343 delias dance
Delia dance definitely should have been in Untamable /v3 from the start, instead of that stupid reflect move : /

How is Delia's Dance (in its current state) better than Vanishing Winds? I'm not saying it isn't, but I clearly fail to see something:
  • DD is very negative on block, you have to use meter to make it safe while VW is safe meterlessly
  • Amplified DD has so much pushback on block that it might be hard to continue your pressure game, VW's pushback is imo perfect cause it's small enough to follow up with stuff like B3 and D4 but at the same time big enough to make you opponent scared of taking their turn (unless they have a fast advancing mid)
  • VW is +16 on hit, DD is only +8
  • if you choose DD you lose deadly butterfly, not her best move but it's a better combo ender than meterless shadow kick and it has its use in corner combos
  • you lose a safe teleport (unless you equip both VW and DD, which no one will ever do)
  • metereless DD knocks your opponent down after B1. B1 into VW is a vital part of her corner game, if DD can't serve the same purpose then I'm not interested at all

Currently I've been using Deadly Assassin Strings, Pole vault, and the Shadow kick that doesn't reverse position. I really like having access to the running shadow kick that is plus frames( the reason why I equip the shadow kick that doesn't reverse position). I prefer a rush down pressure kind of build.....im so sick of standing back and zoning with Jade. She is so limited with combos. I'm banking on Jade getting some nice buffs to make her more viable! Looks like mileena has a similar run move as Jade with several options!

Benlo

PrayforSareena
How is Delia's Dance (in its current state) better than Vanishing Winds? I'm not saying it isn't, but I clearly fail to see something:
  • DD is very negative on block, you have to use meter to make it safe while VW is safe meterlessly
  • Amplified DD has so much pushback on block that it might be hard to continue your pressure game, VW's pushback is imo perfect cause it's small enough to follow up with stuff like B3 and D4 but at the same time big enough to make you opponent scared of taking their turn (unless they have a fast advancing mid)
  • if you choose DD you lose deadly butterfly, not her best move but it's a better combo ender than meterless shadow kick and it has its use in corner combos
  • you lose a safe teleport (unless you equip both VW and DD, which no one will ever do)
  • metereless DD knocks your opponent down after B1. B1 into VW is a vital part of her corner game, if DD can't serve the same purpose then I'm not interested at all
Delia dance is not better than the teleport, but better than the reflecting staff, replacing her purple aura.

I've been using pole vault, amp shadow kick and low spark to get mixup options after F2 and B1 resulting in hitting the OH launching string alot more!

Afumba

Noob
Customs is great news even though Jades move options are overall mediocre at best.

First thing i do is tweak ED, removing uprang for DD.

Second variation would be airrang, pole vault and eiher DD or amp SK.

Personally i dont see much more options for me as i dont like the rest of her moves the way they are now.

Customs is great news even though Jades move options are overall mediocre at best.

First thing i do is tweak ED, removing uprang for DD.

Second variation would be airrang, pole vault and eiher DD or amp SK.

Personally i dont see much more options for me as i dont like the rest of her moves the way they are now.
I agree......she is mediocre but this is no surprise since she has been at the bottom 5 the whole existence of this game. Hopefully she gets some REAL buffs this times and the top tiers get some good nerfs. Im still waiting on her stupid parry to be buffed......needs to be faster and have more active frames to be useful! On a random note......i love how scorpion in customs gets a 7 FRAME MID DASH that out ranges Jade's shadow kick slightly. It never fails to amaze me what some of these characters get.........hopefully this is also nerfed!

abyson

Noob
vanishing winds is slow and can consistently be interupted even during some strings and it can also be flawless blocked and made punishable