What's new

Jacqui render reveal

Like i stated in a post after that, simply disliking the character because you find her to be bland isn't what i was talking about. Her design in X was objectively bad. But disliking her because "her tits are small and she's not fuckable" is pretty misogynistic, no? Just go on twitter for two seconds and you'll see plenty of nasty comments about the colour of her skin, her hair, her black features. If you were a black girl and part of this community, don't you think reading hundreds of comments like that would make you feel pretty alienated?
We are on TYM here not on Twitter so don't accuse of us shit you've read somewhere else. I didn't see a single person here saying they don't like Jacqui because she's a Black woman.

Jade is a Black woman and she's been one of the most liked characters so far. Jacqui also has her fair share of supporters.

Every group of people will always have its idiots and there's nothing you or anybody can do about it. It's nobody else's fault but yours if you choose to focus only on those people; just don't go around labelling people a certain way because they don't like a video game character. That's no better than the behavior you complain about.

I said this before, and I will say it again.
Jacqui doesnt deserve the spot that Sareena, Li Mei, Fujin, Tanya, Rain, Kenshi or Takeda could've taken.
That's not how the dev's decision making process works. It's not x characters gets instead of y. It's not any one else's spot but hers.

And obviously Netherrealm also makes roster decisions based on the story they're telling. Sometimes that means a character won't get in the base roster because it doesn't fit the story.

Ceroder

Noob
That's not how the dev's decision making process works. It's not x characters gets instead of y. It's not any one else's spot but hers.

And obviously Netherrealm also makes roster decisions based on the story they're telling. Sometimes that means a character won't get in the base roster because it doesn't fit the story.
Now thats the dumbest thing I have heard for a video game, especially for a fighting game.

We are on TYM here not on Twitter so don't accuse of us shit you've read somewhere else. I didn't see a single person here saying they don't like Jacqui because she's a Black woman.

Jade is a Black woman and she's been one of the most liked characters so far. Jacqui also has her fair share of supporters.

Every group of people will always have its idiots and there's nothing you or anybody can do about it. It's nobody else's fault but yours if you choose to focus only on those people; just don't go around labelling people a certain way because they don't like a video game character. That's no better than the behavior you complain about.
Jesus, people are sure getting triggered by my comment without even fully comprehending it. I never accused you, or anyone on TYM of "shit". I suggest reading posts thoroughly before you break out the righteous indignation. I mean, unless you want to look like you have an axe to grind.

I simply stated that i hoped they knocked her design out of the park because a lot of the hate the character receives from the MK fanbase has massive racist/misogynistic connotations, and then i provided examples when asked about same. I mean, it's hardly a shocking statement to make. Have you seen how awful the comments are during the kombat kasts?

And lastly, there were several pages of discussion at the start of this thread about the characters breast size and her "fuckablity" so let's not pretend we're some beacon of virture on here.

trufenix

bye felicia
I think jacqui needs to get more hate on the fact she is a product of Nepotism.

I bet she couldn't even pass basic training yet Daddy Jax pulling strings from the netherrealm while he's a revenant to make sure she gets the job.
Close. It was actually affirmative action. I bet one of them will have to conveniently retire again when this crisis is over.

Ceroder

Noob
I simply stated that i hoped they knocked her design out of the park because a lot of the hate the character receives from the MK fanbase has massive racist/misogynistic connotations, and then i provided examples when asked about same. I mean, it's hardly a shocking statement to make. Have you seen how awful the comments are during the kombat kasts?
>implying TYM represents Twitch chat
>implying people are not joking there
>implying MK community is actually full of people like that

Just piss off mate, nobody cares about how misogynistic we are, and nobody hates her because of XXX.
When the "Skarlet's all covered up!" controversy started, people here started defending NRS like crazy, and I was one of them because it made her unique.

I dont get this mentality. So because she's black, I cant comment on it? Her hair sucks, and I cant comment on it because she's black and I'm a filthy misogynistic racist DISGUSTING xy chromosome being?

I'm straight, thank you. I want fuckable and attractive females, here you go. I enjoy playing as female characters, because when you play online as "x", thats how you are represented in online. That character is your avatar. Just like how Tweedy is represented as "Starfire". I want to represent myself as an attractive female, or some cool dude with shadows, not some ugly woman with bland design and dreadlocks. I dont like it, so I point it out.

Keep your politics out of discussion.

aj1701

Noob
So why the hell NRS pumped MKX as 'passing the torch' game and make kombat kids shine? What about continuing that narration? We had both parents and kids in MKX? Ok. Didn't like it, but OK.
But now? Why in MKX they presented Jax as retired farmer that Raiden brought back for ONE LAST MISSION and now he is still around, instead of sit this time out?
Why is Sonya still there if we have her daughter, her husband and, hell, even younger version of her husband? Rumor of her death is good but as far as I expect, NRS will still bring her back to MK12 because SHE IS SO ICONIC. Get over it and move on! We have so many interesting kharacters in the franchise, why everything needs to spin around the same ones over and over again?
I'm hoping they realized the those "pass the torch" thing was stupid and are using MK11 to undo all that nonsense. Cassie can stay somehow, but the other combat kids gotta go. (Actually all the other new characters in MKX can go).

It doesn't take a genius to note that much of the criticism comes from a place of complete and utter ignorance despite your thinly veiled excuses.

CASSIE HAS PERSONALITY is bullshit and dismissive. I never cared for either character, but to see people defend Cassie by mistaking millennial tropes for personality is pathetic at best. Cassie is half Johnny Cage and half guns. Which niche is she filling again? How does she make Mortal Kombat less Call of Duty? She doesn't.

Bottom line, she's a skinny blonde chick you all wanna fap to and Jacqui isn't. If Jacqui is trash I can't for the life of me understand how one could argue that Cassie is not. You'd do better to argue for Takeda/Kung Jin instead.

Ceroder

Noob
It doesn't take a genius to note that much of the criticism comes from a place of complete and utter ignorance despite your thinly veiled excuses.

CASSIE HAS PERSONALITY is bullshit and dismissive. I never cared for either character, but to see people defend Cassie by mistaking millennial tropes for personality is pathetic at best. Cassie is half Johnny Cage and half guns. Which niche is she filling again? How does she make Mortal Kombat less Call of Duty? She doesn't.

Bottom line, she's a skinny blonde chick you all wanna fap to and Jacqui isn't. If Jacqui is trash I can't for the life of me understand how one could argue that Cassie is not. You'd do better to argue for Takeda/Kung Jin instead.
Cassie represents the Z generation. At least she's different from the other kast.
What does Jacqui do/represent? Nothing in particular or important, just shows how annoying and worthless she's by saying dumb things such as "dId yOu jUsT sTaRe aT mY bUtT" and thinking she's strong

Can someone just delete this thread.

Jacqui is in get over it.
Now thats another dumb thing I have ever seen from this thread.

So, because she's in we cant discuss how bad her design is or discuss about her at all? OK.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter

Wait, popping bubblegum isn't a personality trait?!

LeoMK29

Noob
Cassie represents the Z generation. At least she's different from the other kast.
What does Jacqui do/represent? Nothing in particular or important, just shows how annoying and worthless she's by saying dumb things such as "dId yOu jUsT sTaRe aT mY bUtT" and thinking she's strong

Now thats another dumb thing I have ever seen from this thread.

So, because she's in we cant discuss how bad her design is or discuss about her at all? OK.
Cry about it all you want I guess boo hoo

Ceroder

Noob
Cry about it all you want I guess boo hoo
if (can't argue) {
say("cry more XD")
}

The amount of stupidity in this thread is amazing. I dont think I'm smart or anything, and open the discussions, but yeah, I'm done after this. Amazing.

>implying TYM represents Twitch chat
>implying people are not joking there
>implying MK community is actually full of people like that

Just piss off mate, nobody cares about how misogynistic we are, and nobody hates her because of XXX.
When the "Skarlet's all covered up!" controversy started, people here started defending NRS like crazy, and I was one of them because it made her unique.

I dont get this mentality. So because she's black, I cant comment on it? Her hair sucks, and I cant comment on it because she's black and I'm a filthy misogynistic racist DISGUSTING xy chromosome being?

I'm straight, thank you. I want fuckable and attractive females, here you go. I enjoy playing as female characters, because when you play online as "x", thats how you are represented in online. That character is your avatar. Just like how Tweedy is represented as "Starfire". I want to represent myself as an attractive female, or some cool dude with shadows, not some ugly woman with bland design and dreadlocks. I dont like it, so I point it out.

Keep your politics out of discussion.
It's not my politics, it's objective reality. Again, i never implied that this community represents a twitch chat, my orginal comment was about the entire MK community as a whole, which is notoriously bad and has been for years. You and that other poster then decided to get all "I feel personally attacked!!!!" by my comment for some.....odd reason.

Also, interesting that you think those comments on the twitch stream are just jokes. I'm not really sure what's funny about the comments turning into a wall of " Fa**ot, GAY! TRANNY SHE MALE" anytime steve talks or the constant "Jade isn't black, she's white" or "Jade is too hot to be black" comments during her reveal.

Yeah, such wit and hilarity right there. I bet you wouldn't be triggered at all if the shoe was on the other foot. You're chatting absolute shit mate.

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
It's not my politics, it's objective reality. Again, i never implied that this community represents a twitch chat, my orginal comment was about the entire MK community as a whole, which is notoriously bad and has been for years. You and that other poster then decided to get all "I feel personally attacked!!!!" by my comment for some.....odd reason.

Also, interesting that you think those comments on the twitch stream are just jokes. I'm not really sure what's funny about the comments turning into a wall of " Fa**ot, GAY! TRANNY SHE MALE" anytime steve talks or the constant "Jade isn't black, she's white" or "Jade is too hot to be black" comments during her reveal.

Yeah, such wit and hilarity right there. I bet you wouldn't be triggered at all if the shoe was on the other foot. You're chatting absolute shit mate.
Irish man you're making well reasoned, thoughtful posts that are just going into the void.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator

1. She's hot, so that's my niche.
2. The game devs didn't personally cater the whole roster to fit your likes? I am SHOCKED.

Ceroder

Noob

Also, interesting that you think those comments on the twitch stream are just joked. I'm not really sure what's funny about the comments turning into a wall of " Fa**ot, GAY! TRANNY SHE MALE" anytime steve talks or the constant "Jade isn't black, she's white" or "Jade is too hot to be black" comments during her reveal.

Yeah, such wit and hilarity right there. I bet you wouldn't be triggered at all if the shoe was on the other foot.
Okay, since you used that card against me, I'll use it to against you as well.

Why do you feel so personally attacked by those comments for some... odd reason, may I ask? I'm mad against people saying Burqa Kombat 11 there too, but do I try to point it out on some unrelated forum here? Get mad at people on Twitter? No. You cant change people, and you cant make them stop writing dumb shit. Welcome to the internet. Then, you come here and blame people on here for how "misogynistic" we are and how awful this community is. I dont like it.

Nice job with the insults by the way. Complaining about how people are insulting Steve, then insulting others when they dont agree with you. woow

Strong black females?
Thanks for at least replying properly unlike some other people.

Now, think about how interesting a "strong black female" can be. It wouldnt be interesting. Just like how it would be boring if there was a "strong black male" character.
Just miss me with the skin tone shit. I think pointing that out is more racist. Nobody cares.

Maybe a bad example, but Ferra/Torr would be a good example of how interesting a "strong monster" can be and we all know how that ended up.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Strong black females?
I'm not one to throw a word like racist out without prompt, but the number of people commenting on her skin color in a negative way, kinda makes me rethink using it. Especially when that has nothing to do with fighting ability, her place on the roster, etc.,

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Now, think about how interesting a "strong black female" can be. It wouldnt be interesting. Just like how it would be boring if there was a "strong black male" character.
I find having a strong black female character interesting, especially since it's a character that's pretty underrepresented in most videogames.

Also, Jax is a strong black male character, and I've always thought he's been pretty popular.

I also liked Ferra/Torra, for that matter.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Can we just accept must people, probably, don't like Jacqui because 1) she doesn't have a personality at all so far; 2) she's filling a "army person" spot already filled by two or three other characters.
*laughs in color swap ninja*

Ceroder

Noob
I find having a strong black female character interesting, especially since it's a character that's pretty underrepresented in most videogames.

Also, Jax is a strong black male character, and I've always thought he's been pretty popular.

I also liked Ferra/Torra, for that matter.
Each to their own! I respect your decision to like her. But its not how majority thinks.