What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui Briggs Variation Discussion

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I have joined the Jacqui Army. ;-;

what do you guys use to open your opponents up?
Well I use Shotgun and most of the time it's a mix between B2 and the meterless safe advancing launcher she gets in Shotgun: F122+4. Either that or sit at about jump range and do DB2. It's safe, stuns them for long enough that you can run up and continue the combo and hits relatively far.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I have joined the Jacqui Army. ;-;

what do you guys use to open your opponents up?
F1 and f12 are both neutral on block and have crazy range. F12 cancels into up-missile (db2) for a 34% combo on hit or +11 advantage on block. So you can open up most players by using variations of f1, f12, and f12-db2, followed up with throws, b2 overhead, sweep, etc.

I was even catching competent players with another f12 after they blocked a f12-db2, though once they catch on they can armor punish if you're not careful.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
F1 and f12 are both neutral on block and have crazy range. F12 cancels into up-missile (db2) for a 34% combo on hit or +11 advantage on block. So you can open up most players by using variations of f1, f12, and f12-db2, followed up with throws, b2 overhead, sweep, etc.

I was even catching competent players with another f12 after they blocked a f12-db2, though once they catch on they can armor punish if you're not careful.
Isn't F12 -4?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Isn't F12 -4?
I'd have to check. According to the frame data it's 0, and I've been training people to keep blocking by doing f12-db1, and then just doing f12, throw. So far it's been working.

[Edit] Yup, looks neutral to me.

Last edited:

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
I wanted to play her once I seen her. I was unsure of a style though. When I saw the restand she had in full auto. I knew which one I wanted.

So what would you guys say are the pros and Cons of each variation ?

Full Auto
Pros:
Most damaging and consistent mid screen combos., zoning potential, best anti air game, difficult blocking set ups.

Cons:
Least reset potential, pressure can only be maintained vs standing opponents, zoning is as good as it may first seem, high meter usage

Shoot Gun
Pros:
Best reset potential , safe special, low shoot gun is a decent counter poke tool that least to combo and resets, low meter usage, an addition of a ender to the f12 string .

Cons.
No full screen game, Pressuring difficult to maintain once reset is blocked, lowest damage of the 3, .

High Tech:

Pros
Highest overall damage potential, Best at maintaining pressure in your face, decent chip damage while pressuring, 2 ways to fend off projectiles, low meter usage.

Cons
Nearly zero midscreen and full screen game, stamina needed for most damaging combos, combos are e most difficult to perform.

General

Pros:
fast walk and run speed.....What else :(

Cons
Has close to the worst reversal and wake up game(wish that charging first hit mid and not high), bad anti airs, bad poke range.

Last edited:

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Apparently, she cannot hit Erron Black with B2~BF2, Dust midscreen. He falls too far away for the Dust to connect. :confused: She needs to hit an absolute max range B2 in order to just B2~Dust. Your spacing must be perfect. This seems to be a bad matchup for her in general.

Apparently, she cannot hit Erron Black with B2~BF2, Dust midscreen. He falls too far away for the Dust to connect. :confused: She needs to hit an absolute max range B2 in order to just B2~Dust. Your spacing must be perfect. This seems to be a bad matchup for her in general.
Shotgun and high-tech yea. Full auto owns erron black, but she would get nerf because people crying she is her zoning is op, when quan and kano zoning is much better in the hands of a great player.

Koor

Hot Gyahbage
Shotgun needs to be more consistent with the characters. Not only do you have to burn a bar after 114 for the women due to their hurtboxes, you also must do the same on a male character like Torr. A bar of meter and very strict timing after F4B4-Uppercut because reasons? Hes larger than most of the cast yet its harder to hit him? What?

Last edited:
So I'm trying to look for the best way to reset players with shotgun and I'm having trouble. I know 114-db2 is really good cause you don't have to run in order to continue anything. Do I just delay the f3/4 stuff so that it hits when they're out of hitstun or is there a more efficient way of doing it? I'd try to connect with j.2 and mixing up there but the pushback makes the b3 whiff if I wanna go low.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
So I'm trying to look for the best way to reset players with shotgun and I'm having trouble. I know 114-db2 is really good cause you don't have to run in order to continue anything. Do I just delay the f3/4 stuff so that it hits when they're out of hitstun or is there a more efficient way of doing it? I'd try to connect with j.2 and mixing up there but the pushback makes the b3 whiff if I wanna go low.
You need to hit them with 114~db2 twice in order to do the f4b4/f4b2 50/50 otherwise it will combo. The game won't let you combo after the second dust (db2) hits, so that's why the reset works. Or you could just hit them with one dust and then run up standing 2. This will leave you at +20 and you can just push b33/b2 for the 50/50 reset into new combo.

Jyakotu

The traitor to Edenia and to all the realms!
I use Jacqui as one of my subs and surprisingly, the variation I enjoy the most in High Tech. I feel like the Briggs should be in your face, causing high damage combos. Thus, I knew High Tech was the style that I wanted. Even though I know it's not recommended for beginners, there are too many Shotgun and Full Auto Jacqui players, from what I've seen. But like I said, that's not the main reason I chose High Tech. I like the damage potential the variation has, so that was a huge plus for me. I still need to learn some combs with her, but I think I can make High Tech work!

I use Jacqui as one of my subs and surprisingly, the variation I enjoy the most in High Tech. I feel like the Briggs should be in your face, causing high damage combos. Thus, I knew High Tech was the style that I wanted. Even though I know it's not recommended for beginners, there are too many Shotgun and Full Auto Jacqui players, from what I've seen. But like I said, that's not the main reason I chose High Tech. I like the damage potential the variation has, so that was a huge plus for me. I still need to learn some combs with her, but I think I can make High Tech work!
I too love HT :3 ....

I end up playing FA in Tournament though, i can't seem to touch on the flaw that lets people escape the corner to easily

Jyakotu

The traitor to Edenia and to all the realms!
I too love HT :3 ....

I end up playing FA in Tournament though, i can't seem to touch on the flaw that lets people escape the corner to easily
I'm not a tournament player, but I understand you have to do what you have to do to win. That's what the variations are for, after all.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
So reading through the footsies thread I saw Dave posted this-

Jacqui's machine gun is punishable by the following characters when neutral-crouched about half a screen away.

- Ermac (force lift)
- Erron Black (slide)
- Jax (dash punch)
- Johnny Cage (shadow kick)
- Kitana (shadow kick)
- Raiden (superman)
- Reptile (slide)
- Shinnok (low scoop in Bone Shaper)
- Sub Zero (slide)

Full screen punishes include the following characters.

- Jacqui (machine gun in Full Auto)
- Kenshi (tele flurry)
- Quan Chi (rune)
- Scorpion (EX teleport)
I find this very concerning as it is pretty much confirming half the cast can punish her shots. This will only become more routine over time as the better players continue improving. Also, if Jacqui's guns actually do get nerfed it'll open up even more opportunities for this. Man, i don't even know what to say anymore.

@karaokelove @Eldriken @Pan1cMode @rev0lver @TrulyAmiracle @FA Jacqui's

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
So reading through the footsies thread I saw Dave posted this-

I find this very concerning as it is pretty much confirming half the cast can punish her shots. This will only become more routine over time as the better players continue improving. Also, if Jacqui's guns actually do get nerfed it'll open up even more opportunities for this. Man, i don't even know what to say anymore.

@karaokelove @Eldriken @Pan1cMode @rev0lver @TrulyAmiracle @FA Jacqui's
The ex beats these out though no? If so its a mind game on whether or not we're gonna burn the meter. Still suck though and anyone requesting a nerf is seriously stupid, but we'll see.