What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui Briggs Variation Discussion

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I was drunk and just trolling Revolver.

However, I will admit she does look solid and I do actually like her walkspeed, lol.
i dont get it lol

I mentioned this in the general discussion thread but I don't think anyone paid any mind to it...But in High Tech and Lv1 or 2 charge, you can get a fake crossup in the corner with DD4

In Full Auto, you can go for low missile resets where you can do a string like 1212~low rocket...And the opponent has to block low if they are hit with any part of that string. If they don't then they will be popped in the air where you can run combo.
You're right, you can actually do wakeup reversals with gp. This is interesting. Even though you can do delayed wakeup, if they're looking to armor through a crossover on wakeup you can do that. I'm gonna see if it works with the fakeout one too.

Also, do you have any issues with the low missile in the corner? Sometimes it doesn't work for me, it just blows up behind them and does nothing

So I'm pretty sure I've found a corner block infinite in full auto already lol
i dont get it lol

You're right, you can actually do wakeup reversals with gp. This is interesting. Even though you can do delayed wakeup, if they're looking to armor through a crossover on wakeup you can do that. I'm gonna see if it works with the fakeout one too.

Also, do you have any issues with the low missile in the corner? Sometimes it doesn't work for me, it just blows up behind them and does nothing
NRS needs to fix the low missile.

Last edited:

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
i dont get it lol

If Im doing regular low missile in the corner in a combo, it will work...But there are times when you want to do a setup and or do a naked low missile, and it will whiff =[. Outside the corner, if the opponent is blocking certain strings, then they have to respect the low missile. If you are doing a different string outside of those, the dummy will be too close to you so the missile will miss since the missile is further behind

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
I'm 10000% against this. It's still an hour before release ffs. But if you watched CDJR's stream showing Jacqui's tech...you'd know she's actually broken rn...

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
Full Auto is the weirdest one for me to learn. Since I am using the PS4 controller, and I want to hold the ex low missile, I have to set up my configuration in a weird.

But I enjoy that variation the most though.
As well as Shotgun. I like checking being with the low shotgun

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I love how all of her variations are so unique, but she still maintains her core gameplay for the most part. Not sure which variation is my favorite to use yet though. I've been going shotgun because it's simple for online.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
I love how all of her variations are so unique, but she still maintains her core gameplay for the most part. Not sure which variation is my favorite to use yet though. I've been going shotgun because it's simple for online.
Yup, been using shotgun mainly online as well but love all her variations and are all very unique.
Joker, we need to play tonight. Been a minute.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Yup, been using shotgun mainly online as well but love all her variations and are all very unique.
Joker, we need to play tonight. Been a minute.
I'm down man. Still learning so don't expect a super level up session lol. I'm down to play though. Mostly just having trouble adjusting to this really fast paced neutral, particularly incorporating running into it lol. It has been a while though! At least 2 years! Man that is crazy!

IKizzLE

BloodHound
I'm down man. Still learning so don't expect a super level up session lol. I'm down to play though. Mostly just having trouble adjusting to this really fast paced neutral, particularly incorporating running into it lol. It has been a while though! At least 2 years! Man that is crazy!
Lol trust me....I'm a scrub at this game so far lol. Already raging playing M2Dave's zoning kano and getting bodied by THTB's reptile. I'm just trying to find good players to get better with.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Lol trust me....I'm a scrub at this game so far lol. Already raging playing M2Dave's zoning kano and getting bodied by THTB's reptile. I'm just trying to find good players to get better with.
Lol I hear ya man me too. Hopefully we can body them soon.

Really wants to like MKX
First off, I'm super new to MK/NRS games. Jaqui is my first choice and played for a couple of hours last night with a friend. Still learning, well, everything.

While I felt like a scumbag, I got most of my wins using full auto. Friend of mine was playing Kotal and for what the both of us know, there was nothing he could do about that. Just so I don't slip into bad habits when playing Full Auto, is there anything I should be aware of when zoning at full screen (besides teleport characters)? Noticed that Jaqui doesn't really have an anti-air/wakeup option so have been using exBF1 to get out of most trouble.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
So what do you guys think is Jacqui's best variation right now? I think things will develop over time and all of them will be pretty viable, but Full Auto is probably going to be really strong in these first few months. High tech seems like it could be really good but it's going to take a while to figure out everything, I think I made a mistake going with that from the start lol, but I can see it being really strong once we understand matchups more.

itsmeMOB

Mileena's back!
I haven't fully figured out High Tech but Full Auto and Shotgun are pretty self explanatory by theirselves. I prefer Full Auto though because of the range she has with it, I use Shotgun if I want to rush my opponent. I'm having trouble getting a launching attack with Shotgun but her Air Rocket on Full Auto I have no problems juggling 1212 and then DF2 or DF4 to end it. Other than that, I enjoy Jacqui, she just seems a little hard to learn for me right now as I'm trying to relearn Scorpion and learn Cassie.

Malec

Noob
full auto dose alot of damage midscreen and in the corner and has zoning potential
high tech has alot of damage in the corner and realy high pressure game with the df2 beeing +3 and the increased chip damage
as much as I would like to play shotgun, dont know if the resets justify the overall low damage

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
As of right now, I think Full Auto is the strongest of the three right now. It provides really strong combos midscreen and in the corner. Antiair rocket is really good and low rocket has to be respected depending on how your opponent blocks it in blockstun and on hit. I do think High Tech has a lot of potential and the corner pressure between F12, 4, 121, d3, 21 while mixing in B33 and her overhead are really good options once you condition your opponent.

High tech but it takes time to play her at a high level. Full auto is good too but her zoning is just good not great. You're not going to get easy wins like Scorpion, Cassie and Erron black. You have to think with Jacqui.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
So what do you guys think is Jacqui's best variation right now? I think things will develop over time and all of them will be pretty viable, but Full Auto is probably going to be really strong in these first few months. High tech seems like it could be really good but it's going to take a while to figure out everything, I think I made a mistake going with that from the start lol, but I can see it being really strong once we understand matchups more.
Full Auto is the best.
The worst will end up being Hi Tech due to the lack of range. Can easily zone out jacqui in this variation and all her long ranging armor moves are full combo punishable on block. It's definitely a variation that can steal a game in a tournament thanks to gimmicks but won't win you EVO.