What's new

Jacqui Briggs Pre-Release Discussion Thread

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Jaqui easily looks better than MKX, but I'm still not a fan. Her animations are kinda weird and very robotic (she's not a cyborg, she just has a robot suit) and her jump move looks too much like a free "ignore footsies and mix" tool. Her cancels look cool and I might try them, but not using defensive meter scares me.

You’re not a troll. You’re just overly negative and consistently combative. I’m not sure why.
You literally said that you play characters just to spite people and call him "negative and consistently combative"? Come on man.

Let's be real, anyone still talking shit was never going to like this character to begin with, ever. And that's just fine. But to not acknowledge the massive improvements they've done to her here is foolish, Jacqui is looking mad good.
God forbit I can actually have an opinion. They've done improvements, but let's be honest: that wasn't hard to accomplish.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
When I saw her grapple/clinch move it kind of reminded me of Goh from Virtua Fighter 5.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
God forbit I can actually have an opinion. They've done improvements, but let's be honest: that wasn't hard to accomplish.
Why are you quoting me? I don't give a shit for your opinion. I literally just said it's ok to dislike her, I don't even necessarily like Jacqui myself and don't plan on maining her. Way to miss the point of my post completely.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
I really like this skin except her shoes...i wish she had boots

kind of glad most other Jacqui's main like this skin

and will use it.

but how do you guys feel about the 2nd skin shown?

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
The second skin is EASILY my favorite of the three we saw. The third one doesn't fit her at all, IMO. "Let's take arguably the least feminine character on the roster and put her in a dress and high heels, it's genius! What could go wrong!"

Her first two gear options are definitely her gauntlets and her forcefield container thing so i wonder what her third one will be, it has to either be her hair or her legs those are the only two that make sense to me though im leaning more towards her legs because no one else has hair as gear the different hairs are always a part of a coustume.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
First impression was I didn't like it. I like the color scheme, but the jacket seems out of place. Wearing a denim jacket over combat gear just didn't seem to mix well.

I think her default skin is good, but I'm not a fan of the colors.

I actually really liked her 3rd loadout. Normally I don't care for the "lets have this character fight in an evening gown" look, but it looks so good to me that I like it.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I really like this skin except her shoes...i wish she had boots

kind of glad most other Jacqui's main like this skin

and will use it.

I love the second skin, just not the colors of that particular version he used

StormGoddess

Her first two gear options are definitely her gauntlets and her forcefield container thing so i wonder what her third one will be, it has to either be her hair or her legs those are the only two that make sense to me though im leaning more towards her legs because no one else has hair as gear the different hairs are always a part of a coustume.
i think sonya does...

StormGoddess

so there is some internet speculation that Jacqui will...
betray Earthrelm and join forces with
based purely off of her alt skin

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Did she have any specific moves or use of her shield thing, beyond just being a part of different animations?

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Why are you quoting me? I don't give a shit for your opinion. I literally just said it's ok to dislike her, I don't even necessarily like Jacqui myself and don't plan on maining her. Way to miss the point of my post completely.
You also devalued the opinion of anyone "still talking shit", and that's dumb.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Did she have any specific moves or use of her shield thing, beyond just being a part of different animations?
Not shown. But I'd be willing to bet its a gear move. She used to have that absorb/reflect move. I bet she makes similar use of this reflect wall

Last edited: