What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui Briggs General Discussion

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
So play claw? Can you do that with MKX on pad? I know you can in games with 4 buttons like Tekken/KoF but in this game you need all the buttons on pad so i don't see how claw can work.
Nah, I literally just swap my index finger over quickly when I want to stanky and swap it back.

flappysamyhamy

EMPEROR FLAPPY / EGGPLANT
So play claw? Can you do that with MKX on pad? I know you can in games with 4 buttons like Tekken/KoF but in this game you need all the buttons on pad so i don't see how claw can work.
I do it with my thumb on pad. Just double tap in a twitching motion almost.. And you're set.

I use a fight stick. I can do it pretty much everytime. Like Samy said, "Just double tap in a twitching motion" and input "UP" during the taps. The "UP" input isn't as strict as the fast double tap of 4

I was wondering how do us shotgun Jacqui's get around mid hitting projectiles? Like for ex, Jason just owns me. I can't duck his machete and reflect has too long of start up.

mikosu

+ on block 50/50s
I was wondering how do us shotgun Jacqui's get around mid hitting projectiles? Like for ex, Jason just owns me. I can't duck his machete and reflect has too long of start up.
Jacqui's d3 and d4 can low-profile Slasher's projectile and some others. Use them to low-profile wakeups like F/T's command grab and some normals in neutral as well.

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
I find high tech jacqui cancels easier than following up B2/B33>BF2 mid screen with 11/low shotgun. It's so strict zzz. This character can be so difficult with her mid screen combos in all of her variations.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I find high tech jacqui cancels easier than following up B2/B33>BF2 mid screen with 11/low shotgun. It's so strict zzz. This character can be so difficult with her mid screen combos in all of her variations.
Her cancels are super easy. Making them jail on block, not so easy (I'm talking specifically 121~qbrc, 1)

In terms of shotgun midscreen combos;

b33~bf2, db2 (don't run in 11)

For b2, for some reason it works better off kara cancels. I think it has something to do with b2~bf2 not being nice when done from max distance.

hi fellow jacqui's.

I was wondering how do i maintain pressure after the end of a restand sequence in shotgun. I just need to stop them from jumping.

It's just that i look throughout this thread and see just beautiful pressure in shotgun. I want to replicate it for myself but i feel i am missing something. Also, i Just enjoy picking all you great jacqui's brains.

Can someone help me out please. So I've been playing Shotgun for a good 2/3 months now and I love the character. However is there a way to metreless let restand your opponent in the corner? I've been using meter and it works it's just annoying not being able to do it metrelessly so I was wondering if you fine people could help me. Cheers

cashthesehands

monster masher
Can someone help me out please. So I've been playing Shotgun for a good 2/3 months now and I love the character. However is there a way to metreless let restand your opponent in the corner? I've been using meter and it works it's just annoying not being able to do it metrelessly so I was wondering if you fine people could help me. Cheers
No. But you can do something like starter~ njp, d2 (switches side), 1,2 dust to get them out of the corner and still keep them in the meterless vortex

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Yes, but only off of 1 starter. You can do F122+4, NJP, DB2 and it will restand them but as stosn says it's inconsistent.

Yes, but only off of 1 starter. You can do F122+4, NJP, DB2 and it will restand them but as stosn says it's inconsistent.
I'm labbing it now and I can't get it to work whereas I'd rather have the choice of damage and keep positioning or vortex and lose positioning. But again thank you

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I'm labbing it now and I can't get it to work whereas I'd rather have the choice of damage and keep positioning or vortex and lose positioning. But again thank you
You have to do the NJP a little later as she goes up, it does work.

Is it worth learning High Tech? If so which match ups will it be better for?I feel like there are specific match ups it could help in but I don't want to learn it if it's not going to help in any match up. I have a good grasp on Full Auto and Shotgun so I want wondering where High Tech could come in. Cheers

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Is it worth learning High Tech? If so which match ups will it be better for?I feel like there are specific match ups it could help in but I don't want to learn it if it's not going to help in any match up. I have a good grasp on Full Auto and Shotgun so I want wondering where High Tech could come in. Cheers
Sorry very late reply but I only just saw this.

High tech is probably my favourite Jacqui variation; but it's definitely the worst.

I can't think of any specific matchups that it does better in than the others. It's worth learning for fun, but from a competitive standpoint; not so much.

How ro play against full auto as predator hqt?
D4, d4 all day.

Jacqui can't poke back against predator. Also, a laser trade is always in HQT's favour because his projectile damage isn't contingent on all hits coming out.

On wakeup, he pretty much has to hold whatever Jacqui has since he's easily armour broken but likewise; d4~low laser beats Jaqcui's wakeups (except ex bf4; but no one really wakes up with that).