What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui Briggs General Discussion

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I started playing Jacqui again today. It's on PC, so it's still KP1 Jacqui, but even without her safe armor, I'm still having a bit of success with her!

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Has anyone gotten the "overhead/low stagger" effect? I'm messing with EX Low Missile setups and if I time a jp just right, the opponent will be hit by the overhead/low combination, but they won't launch, they'll kind of reel back in a stagger state.

[Edit] I recorded a video and got it my first try!

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Has anyone gotten the "overhead/low stagger" effect? I'm messing with EX Low Missile setups and if I time a jp just right, the opponent will be hit by the overhead/low combination, but they won't launch, they'll kind of reel back in a stagger state.

[Edit] I recorded a video and got it my first try!

This game has "true" unblockable prevention in it. When you get a stagger like that it means that the overhead and the low are hitting at the exact same frame and so both hits count as mids (even if they say overhead and low in training mode). This essentially ruins the mixup since no matter which way you block; you'll block both hits.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Since Jacqui has more hit and cancel advantage frames in the most current build, has anyone figured out any good setups with her EX Low Missile? I can't find any midscreen and am about to start working on corner setups, but I'm on PC so I'm working with gimped Jacqui. It seems weird they would give her this tool that doesn't really serve much of a purpose.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Since Jacqui has more hit and cancel advantage frames in the most current build, has anyone figured out any good setups with her EX Low Missile? I can't find any midscreen and am about to start working on corner setups, but I'm on PC so I'm working with gimped Jacqui. It seems weird they would give her this tool that doesn't really serve much of a purpose.
It serves a purpose in high tech. Basically all her strings can be dash cancel comboed into 4u4. Also made the links for all her run cancel combos much more lenient as well as making her jails slightly easier.

It honestly doesn't do much for her other variations.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
It serves a purpose in high tech. Basically all her strings can be dash cancel comboed into 4u4. Also made the links for all her run cancel combos much more lenient as well as making her jails slightly easier.

It honestly doesn't do much for her other variations.
Eh? I'm talking about Ex Low Missile setups.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Oh I thought you were talking about the cancel advantage buff on strings.

Ex missile gives more damage and aids her zoning game.
What I was trying to ask is if her extra hit and cancel advantage have lead to any Ex Missile setups that she wasn't previously able to do.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Ha, wow, they seriously need to fix the damn inconsistent hitboxes in this game. Ex Low Missile will whiff on Mileena unless the apex of her booty wiggle is closer towards the edge of the screen. No combos should be based on booty wiggle apexes!

Jupe

Noob
Heygeorge had some sweet ex low rocket setups at esl season 3 finals. I'm pretty sure he was using those against st9rm and f0xy at least.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Alright here's something odd I've been looking at lately. MKXframedata.com says Stanky Leg is 11 frames, the in-game frame data says Stanky Leg is 9 frames and from my in-game testing I can only punish -11 moves with it so I'm finding it to be 10 frames LOL. Every -10 move I've tested I just can't punish with Stanky Leg. Unless someone has evidence for it being 9 frames I think it might actually be 10 frames.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Alright here's something odd I've been looking at lately. MKXframedata.com says Stanky Leg is 11 frames, the in-game frame data says Stanky Leg is 9 frames and from my in-game testing I can only punish -11 moves with it so I'm finding it to be 10 frames LOL. Every -10 move I've tested I just can't punish with Stanky Leg. Unless someone has evidence for it being 9 frames I think it might actually be 10 frames.
The guys who were updating and checking MKXL frame data went AWOL after giving it half an attempt.
When PC version is released I'll try and find the time to go through it all but for now dont claim anything from there, test it first!

Youphemism

The guys who were updating and checking MKXL frame data went AWOL after giving it half an attempt.
When PC version is released I'll try and find the time to go through it all but for now dont claim anything from there, test it first!
Yeah I remember seeing you say it'd just been kind of abandoned, just saying that's what it says :)

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I always thought it was 11. I don't think it's 9.

I could be 10. Really it's not that big of a difference to me.

Youphemism

I always thought it was 11. I don't think it's 9.

I could be 10. Really it's not that big of a difference to me.
I always thought it was 11 too, it was only when someone was adamant that it was 9 because the in game frame data said so that I decided to test it and see for myself lol.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I don't see a MU thread, so I'll just post this here: What is Jacqui supposed to do against Liu Kang? Playing a good Kang with Jacqui feels like playing against MK9 Kabal; he's so dominant at every possible range. You can't zone him because he wins the trades and builds insane meter. You can't play footsies because he outpokes you, and one wrong guess leads to a torrent of frame traps, chip damage, and meter building. If you get cornered, you're done. He can break every single one of her armored wakeup options, and he is going to corner you. You can't even try to armor his gaps because his b1 will break it and he'll get a full combo. It feels straight-up unwinnable. Am I crazy?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I always thought it was 11 too, it was only when someone was adamant that it was 9 because the in game frame data said so that I decided to test it and see for myself lol.
Pretty sure it's not 9 because that'd mean the leg comes out 1 frame from the s4.

What actually happens with 4u4 is the 4 is kara cancelled by the u4 animation. I don't think the kick animation comes out and becomes active in 1 frame.

Youphemism

Pretty sure it's not 9 because that'd mean the leg comes out 1 frame from the s4.

What actually happens with 4u4 is the 4 is kara cancelled by the u4 animation. I don't think the kick animation comes out and becomes active in 1 frame.
Well, not necessarily. It could cancel into the U4 animation on the 4th frame for example instead of on the last frame. As far as I can tell the startup's 10 frames, not sure about exactly what frame the animation cancels.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I don't see a MU thread, so I'll just post this here: What is Jacqui supposed to do against Liu Kang? Playing a good Kang with Jacqui feels like playing against MK9 Kabal; he's so dominant at every possible range. You can't zone him because he wins the trades and builds insane meter. You can't play footsies because he outpokes you, and one wrong guess leads to a torrent of frame traps, chip damage, and meter building. If you get cornered, you're done. He can break every single one of her armored wakeup options, and he is going to corner you. You can't even try to armor his gaps because his b1 will break it and he'll get a full combo. It feels straight-up unwinnable. Am I crazy?
Full auto is 6-4 Liu. High tech is 7-3 Liu. Shotgun is probably even (maybe slight advantage Liu).

As full auto you have to walk your way in to the range where if you jump the low fireball you get a full combo.

From half screen and closer you can reversal guns to try and catch him repeatedly spamming low fireball.

Abuse your staggers against Liu since when you get in you reallllllly have to make sure you're doing the most damage.

From full screen be aware the reflect is (semi) useful. You can react to any projectile he might throw at you and absorb it.

You have to play a much more reactive gameplan against Liu which is frustrating because usually you get to set the pace.

Once his stamina is run out, it's 100% your turn to poke, or you can walk back and make everything whiff for a full punish with f1.

Waking up is a bitch but it goes both ways. d4 OS all Liu's wakeups. Remember that b12~fbrc can be poked out of. It doesn't jail. If the Liu player wants to go for armour break they forgo their ability to jail you further.

Well, not necessarily. It could cancel into the U4 animation on the 4th frame for example instead of on the last frame. As far as I can tell the startup's 10 frames, not sure about exactly what frame the animation cancels.
It has to cancel on the last frame because the input window is the entire startup duration of s4 (ie 8 frames).

Youphemism

It has to cancel on the last frame because the input window is the entire startup duration of s4 (ie 8 frames).
How do you know the input window covers the entire startup? They added 5 frames to the buffer window but it might only be a 6/7 frame buffer.