What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui Briggs General Discussion

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I feel like all three variations of Takeda are tough for Jacqui.

I don't play HT (who apparently has some very strong options vs takeda when takeda is meterless), but for what it's worth i think that FA is the best way to go in the MU. Shotgun will always have that one touch into vortex factor, so I don't count it out of any MU.

Figure out what you can do and in what situations you can do it. Jacqui has some weird stuff where her d4 will sometimes low profile a f1. The change to her exbf2 will to get out of stuff that previously use to be a very shoity armour read. It's important to learn the punish on EX teleport. I use s4 to punish it, because unless you're in the corner s1 whiffs. Other than that learn your options to get out of the hard to blockable set ups, use her walk speed to walk out of stuff and whiff punish, and from full screen try and zone and bait teleports and make takeda come running into you.
She does have strong options when Takeda is meterless, but she still has to get in.

Essentially you'll be using lots of ex bf2 to close gaps. All it takes is landing a hit on block and she can begin her pressure game.

Ronin is much much harder to deal with however. That stupid far ranging plus string forces her to take incredible risks, and Takeda's serviceable armour skews her pressure slightly less in her favour.

Shotgun I haven't played this match up much but again, 1 hit into 50/50 town means you can count her out.

Some things to note:
- Jacqui can punish whiffed strings from literally full screen Takeda has that much whiff recovery.
- 114 breaks ex punches but not Tele because it low profiles. s4~df2 breaks both (iirc)
- all of Takeda's mixups in his strings are reactable. You should not be getting hit by them.

Honestly the matchup isn't great but there's certainly other characters who give her more trouble (e.g. Mileena, Liu, Johnny, D'Vorah).

EDIT: Dealing with Shirai Ryu's wake ups

Last edited:
im my opinion this MU is easy for shotgun
Why would you say this? What tools do i have to stop him cloning and jumping backwards? Once I Touch him It's over but Getting that Touch is Tough. Also i am new to jacqui so i was wondering what i have for aa's and strings that beat wake ups?

Thanks for the reply

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Why would you say this? What tools do i have to stop him cloning and jumping backwards? Once I Touch him It's over but Getting that Touch is Tough. Also i am new to jacqui so i was wondering what i have for aa's and strings that beat wake ups?

Thanks for the reply
Anti-airs:
D2
S1 (good for delayed jump-ins and crossups
NjP (depends on the other character)
Stank (really good if you can get it out)
D3 to low profile
Run under to trip guard after
Straight shotgun (very spacing dependant)

Full-Auto has her best anti-air obviously (being Up-rocket).

11/114 can beat a lot of wakeups, iirc anything 11 frames or slower.

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
Not everything. If it low profile or moves them away (e.g. Scorpion's teleport) it won't be broken.

Should also be noted that as far as sub goes the only anti-air that will work consistently is ex bf4. Everything else will get beat out by his stupid jk and jip
Sub is by far one of my least fav MUs for Jacqui.

im my opinion this MU is easy for shotgun
I don't know if you're being serious. I was going to ask what variation of Takeda you think is easy, but in all honesty I think she gets mopped pretty hard by all three.

@Pan1cMode What variation of LK do you find difficult to deal with? (I noticed you mentioned it before). LK isn't that rough from what I can tell.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Sub is by far one of my least fav MUs for Jacqui.

I don't know if you're being serious. I was going to ask what variation of Takeda you think is easy, but in all honesty I think she gets mopped pretty hard by all three.

@Pan1cMode What variation of LK do you find difficult to deal with? (I noticed you mentioned it before). LK isn't that rough from what I can tell.
Dragon's fire.

She has trouble getting in for starters cause she has to navigate a minefield of fireballs. Her counter zoning options are limited (even in full auto) because of his low profiling fireball. She then gets outraged and outfootsie'd in the neutral and has to deal with his obnoxious block pressure. Honestly, I'd prefer to play an acidic alien as high tech than a skilled Dragon's fire.

True, at least in dragon's fire d4 beats literally all his wakeup options, but still.

I see him almost like a mileena with worse 50/50s but better block pressure.

Ecodus

Dragon's fire.

She has trouble getting in for starters cause she has to navigate a minefield of fireballs. Her counter zoning options are limited (even in full auto) because of his low profiling fireball. She then gets outraged and outfootsie'd in the neutral and has to deal with his obnoxious block pressure. Honestly, I'd prefer to play an acidic alien as high tech than a skilled Dragon's fire.

True, at least in dragon's fire d4 beats literally all his wakeup options, but still.

I see him almost like a mileena with worse 50/50s but better block pressure.
I agree with the zoning being frustrating, but it's not that killer. walking and blocking and getting into that range where a jumped low fireball = punish is key. although low fireball does go under full auto guns it isn't 100% reliable, so I feel as she can zone back, if even only a bit.

Jacqui gets outranged by the whole cast in terms of advancing/range normals, but of all the characters she can use her walk speed to deal with that weakness, i feel like LK is one. Walking back and whiff punishing is much easier VS LK than a lot of the cast. I don't think she gets outfootsied by LK as much as say a D'vorah or Johnny.

His Block pressure is frustrating, especially with how slow our safe armour is, so we basically have to commit to our unsafe armour.

I don't know who's acidic Alien you're playing... but maybe the LK you're playing is just super godlike, can't imagine preferring Alien over LK lol.

Ecodus

Where would one find a list of the High-tech frame data for her cancels?
I think @GGA Dizzy was once considering doing the Run cancel frame data for all characters, but that seems like a mighty task.

Your best bet is not to worry about the exact numbers and just lab what jails and what doesn't. Unless you have a way to record a 60fps and want to take the time to count the frames.

If you're interested in knowing what her + frames for her bursts are, that you can do that in the lab.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I think @GGA Dizzy was once considering doing the Run cancel frame data for all characters, but that seems like a mighty task.

Your best bet is not to worry about the exact numbers and just lab what jails and what doesn't. Unless you have a way to record a 60fps and want to take the time to count the frames.

If you're interested in knowing what her + frames for her bursts are, that you can do that in the lab.
I don't have a capture card for consoles, I used PC to record, so those days are done for me, sorry!

Frenzy

Noob
Thanks for the response. I won't waste time looking for the frame data and I'll just lab out what jails like someone suggested.

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
Jacqui's normals are the jankiest. Sluggish with tiny reach and horrible recovery on whiff. Her neutral is just weird.

Her shotgun meterless mid screen combos are REALLY hard to consistently do. F122+4 running into 11 dust isn't too difficult but following up B2/B33 > BF2 is a bitch.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Jacqui's normals are the jankiest. Sluggish with tiny reach and horrible recovery on whiff. Her neutral is just weird.

Her shotgun meterless mid screen combos are REALLY hard to consistently do. F122+4 running into 11 dust isn't too difficult but following up B2/B33 > BF2 is a bitch.
4u4 is your friend.

f1 and b1 are also decent in the neutral although it would be nice if they were slightly faster.

Really her normals are mostly fine. The lack of range/speed of her mids is mostly made up for by her great walk speed and (at least in shotgun) ex low shot.

Only thing I personally would like changed about her normals is a decent poke. 9 frame d4 would make her so much more viable. As it stands she can't poke back against several characters just for sheer lack of range.

This however is meant to be the final patch so we've gotta get used to what we've been given and learn to accept it. Try using 4u4 more in the neutral and capitalising on her walkspeed to whiff punish things rather than just going in with a random f1 or trying to press your plus frames. Ex low shot is also your friend here.

Really, shotgun is such a setplay character. 1 combo into restand in the corner, 1 guess wrong, and that's 80% of your health bar gone. She only really needs to get her turn 1-2 times per round in order to win so it sort of balances stuff out.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Stank is so much easier on stick it's not even funny. I can't do it at all on pad but I've yet to miss since the patch if I'm on stick.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Weird. For the most part I've heard it's really hard on stick. And I can get it easily on pad so maybe it's just a preference thing!
You need to double tap it. similar to plinking, use two fingers back to back to hit the button and hold up. Comes out everytime for me. I can make a quick video showing it if needed. I find it impossible to replicate the same method on pad as it's 1 finger that does everything as opposed to having access to all your fingers on a stick layout.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
You need to double tap it. similar to plinking, use two fingers back to back to hit the button and hold up. Comes out everytime for me. I can make a quick video showing it if needed. I find it impossible to replicate the same method on pad as it's 1 finger that does everything as opposed to having access to all your fingers on a stick layout.
It's really easy to replicate if you use your index finger instead of thumb.

I know what you mean though, stanky on a hitbox is a joke it's so easy.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
It's really easy to replicate if you use your index finger instead of thumb.

I know what you mean though, stanky on a hitbox is a joke it's so easy.
So play claw? Can you do that with MKX on pad? I know you can in games with 4 buttons like Tekken/KoF but in this game you need all the buttons on pad so i don't see how claw can work.