What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui Briggs General Discussion

Miami

Noob
I'm new to mortal kombat can somebody show me how to open people up with shotgun Jacqui and I would like to know some BnB combos as well.

Jyakotu

The traitor to Edenia and to all the realms!
So I decided to switch to Shotgun Jacqui and I want to know what the general consensus is for this variation? I know it's the default variation, which is what I'm going for now with all the characters I play in MKX. It's mid range, so I'm assuming it's quite balanced?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
So I decided to switch to Shotgun Jacqui and I want to know what the general consensus is for this variation? I know it's the default variation, which is what I'm going for now with all the characters I play in MKX. It's mid range, so I'm assuming it's quite balanced?
Shotgun Jacqui is very footsies based but she struggles in the mid range because it's hard to anti-air with her and her two main footsie tools in the neutral (df2 and db2) are pretty easily jumped.

She's not a bad character, but if you're looking for a more viable variation Id go with full auto.

Shotgun does have some nice 50/50 restands and the damage is pretty decent so that's nice.

Last edited:

Jyakotu

Ugh, I'm trying very hard to avoid Full Auto variation, mainly because of how I see people using the variation.

E

Eldriken

I had no idea Jacqui's X-Ray could lead to a Brutality. Hell yeah. =O I very rarely ever use her X-Ray, but I guess I can use it on random folks and do a Brutality off of it. I still think her EX bf4 Brutality is the best.

Also, I rarely use EX bf4 unless it's for a Brutality and I hear Jacqui say "Say my name, bitch!" plenty. I very rarely use it as a wake-up or at the end of combos. If you use it to do a Brutality, she doesn't say her normal quote, but instead one that's Brutality related.

I think it's just super random when she says certain shit.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
I had no idea Jacqui's X-Ray could lead to a Brutality. Hell yeah. =O I very rarely ever use her X-Ray, but I guess I can use it on random folks and do a Brutality off of it. I still think her EX bf4 Brutality is the best.

Also, I rarely use EX bf4 unless it's for a Brutality and I hear Jacqui say "Say my name, bitch!" plenty. I very rarely use it as a wake-up or at the end of combos. If you use it to do a Brutality, she doesn't say her normal quote, but instead one that's Brutality related.

She'll go through her dialogue with throws and yes MB moves that are rarely used [Not after Up Rocket]. When messing with Shotgun yesterday, I realized she talks 5h!t after F12~2+4 occassionaly. This made me sad... Would love to hear it in FA BnB's.

Terrencify

Jacqui The Feint God

Yeah the ex bf4 is fun to do lol

(Mind if I ask how do you guys get the awesome tags under your pics.)

JustinXavier21

The rose that grew from concrete
Dunno where to put this but I'll add it here for now - thanks for @WidowPuppy for that ridiculous F4 corner combo that had me work on this and apologies if it is common knowledge.

Following a BF4 Jacqui is left at enough frame advantage for her B2 to stuff every (not armored) reversal in the game...but this is pretty easily dealt with by using delayed wake up.

vs short wake up = they are forced to block the F4 (good chip and plus frames)
vs long wake up = the F4 whiffs but you are still plus enough to jab for free

Jyakotu

Going back to button mashing in this game and I really enjoy High Tech because it fits me better.

stosn

Dojo Trainee
That's sick! Inputs?

Are they 121db3, f2db2(ex),f ?
Its different OS
first - 121~DB3,f. Need to input DB3 maximum later, if do early - DB3 do not come on last hit ( if opp blocked first 2 hit )
second - 1212~exDB2,f. Same input for exDB2 - maximum later, as you can)
I am trying to do 2 OS in one string - its possible, but very hard. Input : 121~DB3,f22~exDB2,f.

And finally - 3 OS in 1212
12~DB3, f11~DB3, ff2~exDB2,f - it's impossible to do in real game

I`m using in real games 1212 OS, because sometimes people eat last hit, but without os i cant hitconfirm it.

Last edited:
Its different OS
first - 121~DB3,f. Need to input DB3 maximum later, if do early - DB3 do not come on last hit ( if opp blocked first 2 hit )
second - 1212~exDB2,f. Same input for exDB2 - maximum later, as you can)
I am trying to do 2 OS in one string - its possible, but very hard. Input : 121~DB3,f22~exDB2,f.

And finally - 3 OS in 1212
12~DB3, f11~DB3, ff2~exDB2,f - it's impossible to do in real game

I`m using in real games 1212 OS, because sometimes people eat last hit, but without os i cant hitconfirm it.
Never thought I'd use broken ass OS with Jacqui) But 1212 one seems to be easy as pie and yeah - considering how often the last hit connects - will def use it. Though I find that exDB2,dd is better than exDB2,f since the latter might turn into exBF2 which is highly unpleasant on block.

Last edited: