What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui Briggs General Discussion

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
Yeah so after watching a day old Liu Kang by Zyphox, i have absolutely no problem asking for buffs for Jacqui. His run cancel combos can do fire buffs in the middle of the combo. and lets not discuss his chip damage........:eek:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Yeah so after watching a day old Liu Kang by Zyphox, i have absolutely no problem asking for buffs for Jacqui. His run cancel combos can do fire buffs in the middle of the combo. and lets not discuss his chip damage........:eek:
LBSH, if NRS liked Jacqui they would have released her as a completed character.

Let's hope she gets improved in the next patch. I mean, she basically has 3 variations that barely see any tournament play, 2 of which are never seen and the last of which still probably needs buffs.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
So upsetting to never see her in Tournament. I've literally seen her once, and that player was totally unknowledgeable of any of her tools besides Hand Cannon, lol. Have not seen one notable player use her in an offline Tournament. See DAB use her in ESL, but usually as a secondary to Cassie, or depending on the MU.

But as StormGodess said... After seeing other characters buffs, would it break her to have her F121 come out on block, nope. Or to have BF2 be safe on block for a viable WU option... Or to be able to actually hear her voice overs come out on moves that are actually used in combos, lol.

VO's after BF4 Paulo please... "Say my name bitch!" Currently have to spend a bar to possibly hear her say that, lol. [with the exception of throws]

StormGoddess

one of the main reasons when i ask different players why the dont use Jacqui is..
she doesnt stand out.
i have asked several high level players (while they stream or on twitter) about Jacqui, and they all say basically the same thing. She's good but there are characters that do what she does better.
Jacqui suffers from why use Jacqui when i can use....
Her uninspired visual design doesn't help either.
Older players will go for either their old faves or high tier, new players will go for exciting visually designed characters or easy/cheap ones. She's none of those IMO.
I personally LOVE the character but get so sad not seeing her at all in these tourneys.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
one of the main reasons when i ask different players why the dont use Jacqui is..
she doesnt stand out.
i have asked several high level players (while they stream or on twitter) about Jacqui, and they all say basically the same thing. She's good but there are characters that do what she does better.
Jacqui suffers from why use Jacqui when i can use....
Her uninspired visual design doesn't help either.
Older players will go for either their old faves or high tier, new players will go for exciting visually designed characters or easy/cheap ones. She's none of those IMO.
I personally LOVE the character but get so sad not seeing her at all in these tourneys.
I've asked as well and had the same experience.

Add what I've suggested above with a SICK skin and we'd see her in Tournament. Would be so hype too, with maybe an angled fitted to go with her "swagged out walk" and her BF4 actually ending combos on stream with her [best in the game] VO's in game, people would main her.

First time I heard her say "Say my name BITCH!" I said to myself, that's my character.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I was just about to mention @stosn 's solid Jacqui but again no strong showings in offline tournaments. Haven't seen revolver in a while either.

StormGoddess

Yes i totally agree, Jacqui has the some of the BEST quotes.
Wants some more?
You feelin me now?
say my name Bitch!!!
You aint' all that!!!
I'm on a roll now
I play for keeps
JUST LOOK AT YOU! (my personal favorite)
Next time I'd Block
You weren't expecting that, were you?
Hmmp!!!!
You did't see that one coming.
AWWWW DAMN!!!!! (LOL)

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
I just started to pick her up (high tech) and I did a combo like this. b33 burst cancel 1212~bf2 xx 2334. The 2334 doesn't 'combo' thus doing unscaled dmg. Is this known??

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I just started to pick her up (high tech) and I did a combo like this. b33 burst cancel 1212~bf2 xx 2334. The 2334 doesn't 'combo' thus doing unscaled dmg. Is this known??
are you sure you aren't resetting the combo with bf2? It doesn't always combo