What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui Briggs buff wish list thread

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
I don't think it would make her that OP though to be honest. I mean seriously. She still wouldn't crack top 5.

Considering she's only +6 if the f121 hits, it's not that great. Also, it seems like it was meant to come out on block what with block advantage listed in the frame data and absolutely no other reason to use it.
Thinking maybe it was an after thought. It would be awesome, and if it was intended to come out on block, which does make sense as far as the data being there and it not saying Non Applicable. It would indeed be sweet. Wasn't saying OP, lol. Just dirty, I like it. Everyone in this games got some dirt. Well, almost everyone... And, yeah... It's not even a HKD so...

I'll take it. :)

JustinXavier21

The rose that grew from concrete
Interesting Justin...I was unable to get it to connect, maybe it's character specific, male/female/something. I totally would not mind the 3rd hit of F12 coming out on block as it would add some mix ups, just afraid to ask for things to come out on block with Ms. Briggs because, that's her saving grace with B2 and B33 with all her specials being insanely punishable.

Are you able to connect a run 12~BF4 after the 4~BF2 Justin?
You can get the full follow-ups but first you gotta pray that it'll hit :( - I just learned to play it safe, but seriously, S4 is the one half decent mid she gets in my opinion. Her low pokes are borderline bad, and being on neutral or slightly plus is useless because we don't have a good solution for pressuring afterwards without either using or eating a D1/D3. F1 is our go-to solution in the neutral game, but when you look at the rest of the cast, it's a joke. Why everyone else gets 12 frame overheads/lows and 10 frame cancellable mids and we're stuck with t-rex arms and our first mid string at 15 frames is beyond me...

S4 is the move that ties it all together, but we lose it for a stupid knock-up...I guess the real solution is to just remove the knock-up so it always combos into BF2?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
You can get the full follow-ups but first you gotta pray that it'll hit :( - I just learned to play it safe, but seriously, S4 is the one half decent mid she gets in my opinion. Her low pokes are borderline bad, and being on neutral or slightly plus is useless because we don't have a good solution for pressuring afterwards without either using or eating a D1/D3. F1 is our go-to solution in the neutral game, but when you look at the rest of the cast, it's a joke. Why everyone else gets 12 frame overheads/lows and 10 frame cancellable mids and we're stuck with t-rex arms and our first mid string at 15 frames is beyond me...

S4 is the move that ties it all together, but we lose it for a stupid knock-up...I guess the real solution is to just remove the knock-up so it always combos into BF2?
No, the knock up is useful in corner combos. I honestly don't think it needs to be changed if I'm honest. If she gets all the proposed changes in the OP, she'll be fine without the mortification to 4.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese

Yeah, getting run into 12~BF4 midscreen off the properties that 4~BF2 gives you [Even if it did guaranteed combo] is not consistent/viable. Midscreen most you'd reliably get off it would be Hand Cannon, or Forces Rush. And you get more damage consistently off the 4~BF4 if using that 10 frame S4 punish at distances where Jacqui's little T-Rex arms can't get her 7 frames. At least S4 into Hand Cannon followed by 7 frames combos, and S4 into Up rocket in the corner work.

Liked some of the other suggestions you made though. However, I do think we'll get hardy any, most likely none... [hopefully the F121 coming out on block, but only if DB2 on block remained +11, or else leave it be IMO] But I do believe, like Pan1c... That if we convinced Paulo to donate any buffs to Ms. Briggs, that we'd have to go with the more profitable ones to make them relevant.

All I'd ask for is your F121 coming out on block suggestion, MB BF2 to be safe for a non death on block WU option, Stanky Leg to get one of the normal commands I suggested and to hear her shout "SAY MY NAME BITCH!" along with her other [best in the game] VO's after BF4 connects.

Last edited:

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
@colt

And... a couple discussions/suggestions on the previous two pages, if you had the time to review and consider or possibly even comment on if you had the time. Have a good one Paulo, thank you kind sir.

JustinXavier21

The rose that grew from concrete
Do agree with most of the above! I forgot about some of the applications for the S4 knock-up as I don't use as much FA.

If we really need to narrow it down:
1. exBF2 needs to be safe (anything between +2 and -6 is pretty fair)
2. Tech Shield needs to be worth doing (meter gain of 1/5 or 1/4?)

I still feel like there are a few things about the character that are just straight up incomplete, but those two things would work wonders to the Jacqui game plan...